Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #1

Power gear power level resets itself

I've got a 2016 Dynamax Force HD that I recently picked up. Twice now in transit the power level system has turned itself on during moderate to heavy breaking for a red light. The system will go from completely off/retracted to all lights flashing for about 60-90 seconds then turn off again. Afterward, when leveling at the next campsite the system will either be completely out of level (lifting 1-2 wheels off the ground) or will flash the time out sequence and requires a manual re-leveling to be performed (per the manual). Is this normal or is anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470700948.604584.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	116679
Hey_nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #2

I have not. I wonder if the hydraulic fluid is low on the jacks, triggering an alarm when you brake? We had an issue with it never leveling properly automatically. I use the manual mode and level it myself, much easier.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 08-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #3

Fluid, mine was same from dealer.
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

That does not seem like normal operations to me. When I am not in cruise control mode, I am in either Low or High Engine Brake Mode. It is a rare moment when I am fully applying the brakes when the transmission is in "D" mode. And, I am not sure how braking system is tied into the leveling system.

With that said, my experience is the leveling works when air brakes are engaged and transmission in "N" mode.

When I first packed-up camp, I forgot to retract-all and placed the transmission in "D" mode; the leveling system immediately retracted...oops.

My fluid level is good (next to the generator).

Sorry hear of this issue. However, I look forward to hearing how this issue is resolved.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 08-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #5

Heh I made the mistake early on and pushed the e-brake with the jacks down.

Those jacks sucked up quicker than a jump into lake Michigan in June!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #6
Commercial Member

The fluid sensor is on the back side of the reservoir...what you're probably seeing is a low fluid indication when braking as fluid sloshes to the front. We've asked them to modify that, but they say there's nothing wrong with it. We normally make sure it is filled "just" over the line so it happens less.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #7

Thanks! Service guy topped off with about a 1/2 qt fluid and test drove it. We'll see if it comes back as we get going down the road. Appreciated the help guys!!
Hey_nav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power