Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2020, 05:34 PM   #1

Power gear slide outs flashing - HELP PLEASE

So we had major rain today and it would seem some water hit the back of the control boards - lights are flashing and we leave tomorrow - looking for help and gudancw on how to overcome this to make it to our destination tomorrow - help is appreciated ?
Old 12-31-2020, 06:39 PM   #2

If you have a fan, I would try and dry out the control boards. There have been cases of folks having issues with wet controllers and when they dried out they were fine.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Should we assume your slides do not work since you mentioned a controller flashing? Have you tried them?

If they do not, do you know the procedure to put the slides in if there is a controller/motor issue?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #4

It’s a power gear system as I said - I was able to get one side completely in the other side not all the way and even if someone has experience with power gear on a dx3 I would pprexiate help _ I already dries controller out and I have identified loose connection on control switch - tried to put a socket ont he manual “ move “ and it do not even com close to moving - almost like it has a lock on by I k I that’s not the case I think
Old 12-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
It’s a power gear system as I said - I was able to get one side completely in the other side not all the way and even if someone has experience with power gear on a dx3 I would pprexiate help _ I already dries controller out and I have identified loose connection on control switch - tried to put a socket ont he manual “ move “ and it do not even com close to moving - almost like it has a lock on by I k I that’s not the case I think

I got them both I. By swapping wires to “good” controller - will seek professional service in Padre island - they should be able to get me going - I am also going to inquire about the manual override module for the future - anyone know anything about the override module?
Old 12-31-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
J&J Camping

Just like cell phones. If...IF you can disconnect the control panel put it in a container Or Ziplock with rice. Rice will soak all moisture out. Little sunlight helps also.

Just because it looks dry it still has lots of hidden moisture.
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:38 PM   #7

Quote:
I got them both I. By swapping wires to “good” controller - will seek professional service in Padre island - they should be able to get me going - I am also going to inquire about the manual override module for the future - anyone know anything about the override module?
I'm a little confused. Is the controller your talking about in the electrical bay outside? or the one inside the coach that operates in and out?
Old 02-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post
I'm a little confused. Is the controller your talking about in the electrical bay outside? or the one inside the coach that operates in and out?

So I finally got new touch odd installed and the slides work great - I am planning on “potting” the boards on the back instead of the the thin plastic they put on them - anyone potted theirs already - I also bought a 3rd spare and that coupled with my homade manual work around harness I should be good in the future -
Old 02-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
So I finally got new touch odd installed and the slides work great - I am planning on “potting” the boards on the back instead of the the thin plastic they put on them - anyone potted theirs already - I also bought a 3rd spare and that coupled with my homade manual work around harness I should be good in the future -
We have asked them to pot the boards several times now.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have asked them to pot the boards several times now.

- I will post pictures once I get them potted - thank bc - that is helpful- I appreciate the info
Old 02-11-2021, 09:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post

AWF- touchpads inside not controllers in bay - hope this helps
Old 02-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
So we had major rain today and it would seem some water hit the back of the control boards - lights are flashing and we leave tomorrow - looking for help and gudancw on how to overcome this to make it to our destination tomorrow - help is appreciated ?

In retrospect - I believe that heavy condensation was the culprit - I have just received the new touch pads and am going to pot the back of the boards and then hopefully this problem is gone - I will post pictures - also I now have an emergency harness to facilitate moving slides when controller is unavailable .
Old 02-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #13

Quote:
- I will post pictures once I get them potted - thank bc - that is helpful- I appreciate the info

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0673.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	247582
OEM on left
Potted on right
15$ in supplies I could have done 20 boards
Old 02-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #14

Are you sure you don’t have a roof leak? When my controller got wet it was from the roof leaking right where the roof meets the front cap, that seam is right above the control cabinet where the slide controllers are mounted.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webefine View Post
Are you sure you don’t have a roof leak? When my controller got wet it was from the roof leaking right where the roof meets the front cap, that seam is right above the control cabinet where the slide controllers are mounted.

I am 98% sure and monitoring - but it was most likely humidity !
Old 02-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #16
J&J Camping

I would say everyone should look into the manual override on the slide outs. Good to know so your not stuck for hours. I know I am.
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjb5 View Post
I would say everyone should look into the manual override on the slide outs. Good to know so your not stuck for hours. I know I am.

55$ in parts from a home improvement store and a knowledge of reading a schematic and tour all set I’ll try to post a pic of the one I built

Tags
power, slide, slide out