Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #1

Precision Plex & Magnum Energy remote panels dead

I'm a newbie. OMG, overwhelmed with information, tried looking thru the threads/topics. I lost power to the Precision Plex panel (plus the PP fuse panel above the door) AND the Magnum Energy remote panel. Not sure when... the RV has been sitting during the quarantine. Had it washed yesterday, started de-winterizing when I discovered I didn't have power to these panels... therefore no inside lights, no awning, etc. Where do I start? Where do I find the fuses that power these? THANKS
BTW - 2020 Dynamax Isata5 30FW 4x4
Bubble Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #2

Need a lot more information from you to be able to help. You said it was sitting during quarantine. Was it plugged in? Did you turn off the battery disconnect when you parked it? Are the batteries just dead? Have you plugged in, run the generator, run the truck engine?
Old 05-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #3

actually got it back from Elkhart in Mid-March... had it up there for warranty work. Got it home and cleaned it, restocked, etc. The Precision Plex was working at that time because we had the lights on (and I assume the Magnum Energy remote panel was working also)... So it's been sitting for 6 weeks, only took it out yesterday to fuel up and get it washed. Batteries were not turned off during this time but they show full. We have 4 house batteries and Solar, sits outside so the batteries were getting charged. Everthing inside turned off. I poke my head inside every once in awhile to check on the status of the battery power. They've been fine.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
actually got it back from Elkhart in Mid-March... had it up there for warranty work. Got it home and cleaned it, restocked, etc. The Precision Plex was working at that time because we had the lights on (and I assume the Magnum Energy remote panel was working also)... So it's been sitting for 6 weeks, only took it out yesterday to fuel up and get it washed. Batteries were not turned off during this time but they show full. We have 4 house batteries and Solar, sits outside so the batteries were getting charged. Everthing inside turned off. I poke my head inside every once in awhile to check on the status of the battery power. They've been fine.
Ok..does everything turned off inside include the refrigerator? Is it a residential refrigerator? The first thing that I would do is run the generator for an hour or two. It should be exercised periodically anyway. Then if the PP panels are still blank, I would turn off the battery disconnect and wait for about 2-3 minutes. Then turn the disconnect back on and see if the PP system reboots. Watch the touch pad on the wall. If it is rebooting it will go through a procedure that will take several minutes to complete. It sounds to me like the batteries have gone dead somehow and the PP system has experienced a low voltage situation and needs to be rebooted. As an aside if you are parking the coach for an extended period I would definitely plug it in. Don't trust the solar too keep things charged up.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #5

Regardless of what the batteries show, you need to be plugged in or have the battery disconnect switch in the off position when stored.

To try and get your PP and Magnum going, I would turn the disconnect switch to off, wait five minutes and then back on. Also it would be best to plug in or run the generator. Assume you are looking at the solar panel display to conclude your batteries are fully charged since you said the Magnum was dead.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #6

I'M AN IDIOT... Thanks for your help Tom. Went out to start the generator and the battery disconnect was in the OFF position. We've had this RV less than a year (first one) but due to numerous circumstances have not had many opportunities to use it. Nothing comes naturally to me yet. I won't forget next time Hope no one else read this thread...lol
Old 05-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #7

Haha! No worries. Easy fixes are the best! Bet that's the first thing you check next time
Old 05-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
I'M AN IDIOT...
Hope no one else read this thread...lol
Haha - nope, nobody at all!!
Blame it on Covid-19!!!
Old 05-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #9

Nobody but family has read this thread.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Nobody but family has read this thread.
True, but that "family" has 130,802 Members!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	228157  

Tags
remote