Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Precision Plex not Pairing with iPhone

Would appreciate any advice available.

Am trying to pair my iPhone X to with the Precision Plex system on my 2018 Dynaquest XL. Screen just sets on the app and never recognizes the system. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Downloaded the App
2. Opened the App on my iPhone
3. Went to the Precision Plex main panel (with all the fuses)
4. Pressed middle button to wake up the system
5. Pressed the down arrow until the pairing option appears
6. Pressed the middle button to initiate the pair

Nothing happens from here.... have waited up to 30 minutes. Still nothing.

Went back in and did the key sequence to delete any previously paired devices then followed pairing steps again. Same result.

Calling it a night in hopes someone has experienced this and can share how they solved the issue.

Thank you in advance!
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Would appreciate any advice available.

Am trying to pair my iPhone X to with the Precision Plex system on my 2018 Dynaquest XL. Screen just sets on the app and never recognizes the system. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Downloaded the App
2. Opened the App on my iPhone
3. Went to the Precision Plex main panel (with all the fuses)
4. Pressed middle button to wake up the system
5. Pressed the down arrow until the pairing option appears
6. Pressed the middle button to initiate the pair

Nothing happens from here.... have waited up to 30 minutes. Still nothing.

Went back in and did the key sequence to delete any previously paired devices then followed pairing steps again. Same result.

Calling it a night in hopes someone has experienced this and can share how they solved the issue.

Thank you in advance!
Went through the same process on my Isata 5 and discovered the RV doesn't have the interface module that will allow for the phone link. Can be purchased from Precision Plex...don't remember the cost. It would be an easy install but I decided to forget it. About the only thing that would have been really convenient would be to operate the retractable awning from outside.
dbaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
Commercial Member

^^correct^^. It was not standard starting out. The Bluetooth feature, once I found out it was available, I made standard....but just because it has Precision Plex does not mean it has smart phone capabilities until we made it official I think for the 2019 model year.

The nice thing is, it is upgradable with the module that plugs in.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #4

I had the same issue a little while back and bought the Bluetooth dongle from Precision Circuits. I think it was about $150 or so. Works great, I can move the slides, turn on or off any and all lights in the coach, and just about anything else you can do from the Precision Plex panel in your coach.

Also, if you have any issues with switches or other panels in the rig, the guys at Precision Circuits tech support can walk you right through the steps over the phone. I had an older touchscreen, a bad two-button switch and a bad digiplex panel in the wet bay. They shipped all new hardware to me and a return shipping label for free as my coach was out of warranty.

Give them a call at (630)-515-9100
foran1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
^^correct^^. It was not standard starting out. The Bluetooth feature, once I found out it was available, I made standard....but just because it has Precision Plex does not mean it has smart phone capabilities until we made it official I think for the 2019 model year.

The nice thing is, it is upgradable with the module that plugs in.
Guess I was lucky. I purchased a 2018 Series 4 31DS and it was equipped with the module, works great!

Hey Brian can you tell me if the module for AGS is available for my unit? Just wishing I had that feature.
Thanks
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
Commercial Member

I believe that ANY onan generator can be equipped with an AGS module...that's not really a unit specific device. If you mean incorporated into the multiplex...if it does not have it already (software based) then you would have to add stand-alone.

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/au...rt-stand-alone (for example)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #7

I have a 2018 38A. In order to resolve the very bothersome and constantly running a/c ceiling blower with its "cold heat" all the time the furnace is on, PrecisionPlex recommended upgrading the panel to the 2019 software version. That meant mailing in the board and paying $50. Got the board back in just two days. It resolved the problem. However, the bluetooth link to my iPhone no longer works. I've heard that you can get on the phone with PrecisionPlex customer service and they will walk you through a way to resolve that issue...but I haven't tried that yet.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
I have a 2018 38A. In order to resolve the very bothersome and constantly running a/c ceiling blower with its "cold heat" all the time the furnace is on, PrecisionPlex recommended upgrading the panel to the 2019 software version. That meant mailing in the board and paying $50. Got the board back in just two days. It resolved the problem. However, the bluetooth link to my iPhone no longer works. I've heard that you can get on the phone with PrecisionPlex customer service and they will walk you through a way to resolve that issue...but I haven't tried that yet.
We have he same issue... will put the upgrade on our todo list.

Thank you everyone for the bluetooth advice. Talked to Precision Plex tech support and they determined that I needed the bluetooth component Brian spoke of. Should receive it tomorrow.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #9

It's hit and miss... I don't have an extra module or anything but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think the cure was to remove this device and reinstall it.
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote