Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #1

Pressure switch on water pump

I have an isata 3 fw, been pretty problem free other than the dripping from the auto level system which was there from day 1. A strange problem just occurred. The water pump started cycling , just barely, even though i checked all the connections, made sure all valves closed tight. It worked perfectly last dry camp, a week before. All I did was top off water. Iím suspicious maybe pressure valve dirty.
How do you access pump. Maybe i could remove check valve and clean.
Thanks
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:36 PM   #2
Commercial Member

FW is under the shower, RW is in the lav base. Often times it is the Anderson valve. Either in the wrong position or an O-ring has a nick,
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of a private message) so that others can benefit when using a "search" to find answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #3

So take Anderson valve apart. I already upgraded to new style. How would one test to
Make sure thatís the issue?
Old 01-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
So take Anderson valve apart. I already upgraded to new style. How would one test to
Make sure thatís the issue?
I always start with the easy part first. Is it in the right postion? Have you cleaned the screen on the pre-filter at the pump? Start there first...
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of a private message) so that others can benefit when using a "search" to find answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #5

turn on hot water faucet , water heater prob. has a air bubble in it if you did not purge air a out of hot water heater tank . then purge all faucets and out side shower , low point drains ,WITH PUMP TURNED ON .
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:12 PM   #6
hhl

I read you checked all valves. But I had the same problem while taking rv out of storage. My outdoor shower cold water handle got moved had very small water drip in storage bay. Just enough that I could hear the pump cycling occasionally. I checked everything even low point drain valves but forgot about shower valve.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forest River Forums mobile app
hhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhl View Post
I read you checked all valves. But I had the same problem while taking rv out of storage. My outdoor shower cold water handle got moved had very small water drip in storage bay. Just enough that I could hear the pump cycling occasionally. I checked everything even low point drain valves but forgot about shower valve.

Thats why I taped those in a figure 8 to keep pressure on both handles in off direction.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
turn on hot water faucet , water heater prob. has a air bubble in it if you did not purge air a out of hot water heater tank . then purge all faucets and out side shower , low point drains ,WITH PUMP TURNED ON .
Isata 3 has on-demand hot water.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 01-27-2022, 10:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post

Ours truma tankless
Old 01-27-2022, 10:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhl View Post

I checked those too. Mine actually stays on, low hum. I feel vibrating at toilet hose.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I always start with the easy part first. Is it in the right postion? Have you cleaned the screen on the pre-filter at the pump? Start there first...

Is pump and screen underneath motorhome?
I crawled under, didnít see pump. I see a filter in bathroom, never used it.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
Is pump and screen underneath motorhome?
I crawled under, didnít see pump. I see a filter in bathroom, never used it.
Pump and Screen are behind a wooden panel at the front base of shower. Just take out about 4 phillips screws and you will see them both.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
Old 01-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #13

Thanks
Iíll take it apart when I get home
Old 01-30-2022, 06:30 PM   #14

Well, I found the filter, cleaned it, and all is good again. Funny, filter wasnít very dirty, just a bunch of white plastic shaving. Thanks everyone for assistance.

Tags
pressure, pump, switch, water, water pump