Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #1

Price lock on new 2022 30fw Explorer?

Unfortunately our brand new (3300 miles) 2021 30 fw Explorer was destroyed in a fire at the RV indoor storage facility. We are now in the process of replacing it with an order for the same unit, 2022 model. One dealer that we would like to buy from is telling me that they can’t quote me a fixed price since Dynamax has yet to give them that number. They are proposing a base number with an additional payment if there’s a Dynamax surcharge for the 2022s.

My problem is the insurance company will obviously settle the claim only once. My coverage provides payment for a new model at the increased cost but I have to know what that is. I’d like to order now to get in the queue for manufacturing.

Any thoughts? Anyone order a 2022 30fw Explorer with a fixed price?

Thanks for any insight.
wposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

When we are at our dealer last month they said the same thing. If someone wanted to order one they would give an approximate price for now then they would pay the actual price when it became available. Just the realities when delivery is over a year from ordering.
Mike946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #3

I wouldn't settle on an estimate or quote. Only on final invoice.

I'm sure the Insurance Company would like to get your claim "off their desk" but with current market and factory pricing uncertainty, I'd wait for final invoice.

Maybe the insurance company could get a fixed price on your behalf, but not likely.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
Norwood Auto Italia

My customers are asking us for the same thing. We just cannot do it because none of our suppliers are willing to offer us that hedge either. Everyone has come to recognize that fixed pricing is a "speculation" and what the financial gurus call a derivative. Something that is highly policed by auditors and for banks and public companies, the SEC and the Comptroller of Currency.

For at least the next 3 to 5 years there is going to be a lot of volatility in pricing, plans spoiled, and some big losses/gains booked.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock