Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2022, 06:24 PM   #1

Progressive Non Renewal Notice

Just received a Non renewal Notice from Progressive:

"No offer to renew because: 2017 Dynaquest XL 37RB has an unacceptable body style"

I'm in Massachusetts where the only insurance company I could find to write coverage was actually Progressive.

Can't wait to talk to the agent tomorrow as to what exactly this means, uh well I know what it means, what I don't know is why it's "unacceptable".

EDIT:
Resolution posted in post #29

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2694580
Lubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #2

That is odd. I have progressive and just renewed last week for the 5th year.

But I am in Ohio, so not sure what the difference would be state to state.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #3

Sounds like its time to hit the gym!

Be interested to hear what they say. They renewed my Wisconsin policy back in June.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:02 PM   #4

Odd for sure as I just renewed with Progressive last month for our 2018 DX3.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #5

I just started a policy with them end of November.

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:54 PM   #6

We dumped Progressive because we "deserved to save". Picked up West Bend and cut our bill substantially, I too wonder what "Unacceptable body style" is. Reminds me of a former president that asked what the meaning of is is.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:32 AM   #7

My ex-wife must have worked at Progressive. That's what she said to me when we got divorced. LOL.
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:30 AM   #8

I really wouldn't care in a normal playing field where a competitor exists that would be happy to have the business. Unfortunately, in Massachusetts highly regulated environment, they've effectively eliminated other companies from wanting to participate in the market. Basically, no Progressive, no insurance. Believe me, I tried when I initially purchased the Dynaquest as I wasn't enamored with them to begin with.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:10 AM   #9
Defender of America

Lubehead

Arbella will insure campers in Mass. But it's very expensive!

Has to be a rider on the Tow Vehicle if it doesn't have its own motor. So they hit you twice.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #10

Be sure to let us know the outcome, very interested in it.

Good luck,
Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:50 AM   #11

We also just re-upped with Progressive. The most disgusting, obnoxious, sickening, un-professional, offensive commercials to ever hit TV. But I now understand Marketing 101. Doesn't matter what they say or do, just get in your head when you're ready to re-up. Too bad you can't find something else; we would love to can Progressive, but can't afford to.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubehead View Post

"No offer to renew because: 2017 Dynaquest XL 37RB has an unacceptable body style"

I'm in Massachusetts where the only insurance company I could find to write coverage was actually Progressive.

Can't wait to talk to the agent tomorrow as to what exactly this means, uh well I know what it means, what I don't know is why it's "unacceptable".
I'm in Mass. also, have a 2017 Force 37BH and just renewed two weeks ago with Progressive. This is my fourth year with them. Sounds like something isn't right
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:41 AM   #13

Progressive dumped me after a wreck and then wanted me back some years later. We currently have them but only because its what is the cheapest because we now use an Agency to shop everything once a year.

So I have come full circle now on insurance. Before using an "Agency" to shop it, I was with Geico for 15 years because I just kept on paying it and didn't realize what was going on. We saved $1500 first year by using an Agency. What is "Going on" is a computer algorithm automatically adjust ever upward the cost of your insurance until you either dump them or complain, and this is if you haven't been doing anything different like having accidents or allot of tickets.

When I mean an Agency, you see allot of these independent little offices everywhere and I thought it was for "high risk" or trucks but these people shop different plans and switch you over and I am assuming they make their money off of "finders fees" from these insurance companies.

I use "Laura Insurance Agency" here in Houston and they sell for Progressive and I think I had Washington Mutual , they have switched us between about 3 companies over the past 5 years and they do all the work. You just a get a new bill from the new company they switched you to and a refund from the old one. So about once a year they will either call me or I get and email and they will say, "stick with what you have" because pricing it not better elsewhere , or sometimes they call me and say "we can put on you so n so right now and save you $1000 this year" and that has happened, so I do recommend these services, however I cannot tell you how to find a good one.

The Laura Agency is used by my boss and he told me about them so that was word of mouth and its a small family insurance shop and the daughters work the phones. I trust them and thats what matters.
stephensatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:07 AM   #14

I also use an independent agency to shop for me. The best coverage costs $42 more annually then a MUCH lesser policy. The last 2 years have been with National General. Also $450 less then my previous policy with Progressive
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:08 PM   #15

Safety Insurance Does Cover

Hello,

Sorry to hear about Progressive, but just as an FYI, Safety Insurance does cover my travel trailer in MA, no issue. Prior to last year (when agent moved all clients over to Safety), was covered by MAPFRE (Commerce). No issues there either. Those are 2 options for you to look into.

Good luck!
RTrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:10 PM   #16

My Progressive story: I had a lady who was running away from some guys harassing her at a gas station. She took off and was sideswiped then drove down a bike path for 450' and ended up through my new $4,000 cedar fence. She had Progressive. Felt sorry for her, let her use my phone, picked up auto parts on the road and let her keep the car on our property until the next day. Progressive would only cover half the cost to repair my fence where she drove through. Said I would never have Progressive as my insurance.

When bought the Forester, Progressive insurance was encouraged by the agents I contacted. Was going to be under $400 per year and Liberty Mutual wanted something like $850 or more for 1 year. Went then with Progressive as sales tax, license, contract and such were getting beyond what I envisioned.

Then this summer I got my catalytic coverter stolen on a Saturday and a Progressive agent spent hours trying to find a place to obtain a converter and get it installed that would be more than a month from most places. Progressive agent located a truck fleet maintenance outfit and I had a new converter installed on Wednesday (3 Business days from when it was stolen) that replacement cost $1750. I had a funds direct deposited from Progressive one day before even having the work done on the Wednesday. That was impressive with Progressive.

Later this past year I became a solo elder and Liberty Mutual wanted to increase my rate over $108 because of the change. Progressive was less again and actually cost less than I was paying with LM. Progressive wins that insurance again.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:11 PM   #17

Is this your model ?
https://mhsrv.com/2017-dynamax-corp-...-c-tx-i1869844
If so, you might try getting an online quote from Foremost..(a Farmers Company) here is the link.
https://www.foremost.com/products/luxury-motor-coach/
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubehead View Post

As suggested, I would try an independent agent to be sure this is your only option. That said, whenever any govt agency gets involved in "fixing" the insurance industry in its state, it always seems to get a lot worse.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #19
D W

What's the deal in Massachusetts? I see insurance advertisements all the time on T.V., and always at the bottom of the screen is fine print that says "Offer or coverage not available in Massachusetts".
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:51 PM   #20

Thank you all for your comments. At this writing, the agent, who was notified the day after I received the letter, has yet to get back to me. He did acknowledge that he would contact them and expected a response, but so far nothing.

We had just recently switched my company's insurance over to a different agent as the previous agent (which had nothing to do with the coach) dragged their feet for over six months after we requested an updated quote,first stating it was too early and they couldn't do anything until the renew date was 3 months away, then proceeded to wait literally until the day before the policy renewed stating they didn't have sufficient information to provide a number. ( sorry for the run on sentence).

Anyway we had been talking to another agent who gladly took the business away from the previous company-$40k work of premiums every year! You'd think they might have been interested in keeping that business.