Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 11:51 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post

We dropped off our coach there 1 week ago today for the work on the list of warranty items we found during our 4 trips out over the 6 weeks we had it. I was a bit disappointed that they had it for over 5 days before I was told that all the issues had been "diagnosed" and that now we were waiting for authorization from Dynamax to begin work and order whatever parts would be needed. Is that typical? We were hoping to have it back by next week but no work at all so far doesn't make that likely.

So far the service writer has been very responsive, even answering my emails and requests for updates on his day off (yesterday), but I still don't know what is happening, if Dynamax has received the requests, has authorized anything. Brandon, the west coast service rep at Dynamax promptly answered my first email request for info, (as did Brian, on this forum), but since then, radio silence. I have sent Brandon another email and left a voice mail but no response. I just want to know if anything has been authorized so that they can get to fixing the stuff that doesn't need parts. I kinda don't understand why they wouldn't just fix those things, after all, its a brand new coach, it should be a given that it is under warranty. Stuff like the coach door doesn't close properly, a couple of the windows overlap when closed so don't close properly, the kitchen faucet handle leaks, there is a list of 13 such items. Our biggest concern, the slide, is turning out to be a much bigger deal than I had hoped. But I would still love an update. So... so far... no happy emails will go out regarding the service department.

Windows overlapping? So they rub when you try to open and close them? I had the same issues. What is the problem with the door? Do you have to slam it to get it to shut?
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #42

Didn't the Japanese learn about quality from America? Edward Deming?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #43
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhome1 View Post
I think we are being a little unfair to the RV industry. They do not have the revenues or volumes that automobile manufactures have. They can not demand the quality controls that the automobile manufactures demand of their parts suppliers who are usually have huge volumes dedicated to the manufactures. RV manufactures generally have to take their parts from where they can and often have to adapt components for the RV’s. Producing high quality vehicles requires high, repetitive volumes, huge amounts of money and resources to ensure the highest quality. They control their supply chains tightly with huge resource monitoring, training and coaching their suppliers. They also have their dealerships, usually dedicated to one brand, under their control as well. They still get it wrong at times!! I think companies like Dynamax, led by Brian, have a uphill task to produce vehicles at a reasonable cost and consistent quality and reliability. The thing I like about Brian is he genuinely cares; that will spread through his team and that will improve his products considerably and make his customers more willing to accept the odd problem. I have a 2018 DX3 and I’ve had a few problems, some silly mistakes, but they are built by people and we all make mistakes, but overall I am very pleased. Knocking the industry is easy and on occasions Brian and his team. I believe Brian and Dynamax are heading in the right direction and leading the way but let’s not underestimate the task that lies ahead
I had a lot of trouble reading this, after the first line. What a load of rubbish. Regardless of the product and the number of items made and shipped or even simply presented to prospective customers, they should be made to the best that they can. Why would anyone make something substandard and expect any longevity or loyalty to the product.

It may be a product of our times (and I would suggest that dates back to the 1700's) that the majority of manufacturers try as hard as they can to undermine the promises of designers and inventors and do as little as they can to make as much profit as they can, consumer be dammed.

There are the rare few who take pride in their products but these wonders of nature are certainly not in the RV manufacturing and RV parts industry.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:21 AM   #44

Unhappy

I think you should read again. I never once said we should expect poor quality or that it should be acceptable for manufactures to produce poor quality. I never once said that it’s ok for people to absolve responsibility for selling poor or faulty products. I was just trying to say that comprisions against the automobile industry is a little unfair. I too have a hard time reading you reply. If you believe the whole problem results from the people working in the industry & them having no pride you do a big dis-service to the whole American manufacturing workforce. I have run high volume and low volume manufacturing facilities with as little as 80 people and as many as 12000 people,. I never believed the vast majority of people came to work and never cared about what they do.
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:49 AM   #45

Since the quality of the MH assembly and the collection of parts installed can be questionable,

I think a new purchaser should "camp" for at least 3 days at the RV dealers to be sure everything works as planned.

Every system can be operated more than once !
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #46

It takes getting out on the road in real world and camping in an RV to fully work out all the bugs, they are far more sophisticated these days and sometimes it's trial and error even though something worked correctly and was functioned tested at the RV Dealer (I.E. Thetford Toilet in my case) once out on the road it started acting up and not functioning correctly...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Since the quality of the MH assembly and the collection of parts installed can be questionable,

I think a new purchaser should "camp" for at least 3 days at the RV dealers to be sure everything works as planned.

Every system can be operated more than once !
I agree, we bought to DP's from Lazy Days and you can camp there for many days free. What's great about that is you have your service advisor and the tech's just a stones throw away and they'll fix all the minor stuff you find before you ever leave the place. Good for you and the dealer. The last new coach we bought from them worked out so well we didn't have to bring it back for about a year.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:54 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Windows overlapping? So they rub when you try to open and close them? I had the same issues. What is the problem with the door? Do you have to slam it to get it to shut?
The windows actually won't even open if you dont open the "outside" one first. They overlap that much. And yes, the door needs to be slammed in order to shut.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #49

Quote:
The windows actually won't even open if you dont open the "outside" one first. They overlap that much. And yes, the door needs to be slammed in order to shut.

The windows need to be replaced. I guess to save weight they are thin and based on the size some sag after opening and closing a few times. I looked at a few Isata 5's and found two with similar issues. Mine got worse as time went by. They replaced with insulated windows, far superior to the originals. The tech did find some of the openings were a bit out of square too.

My door issue turned out to be excessive foam sealant behind the jamb, as it set it expanded and stoped the door from properly closing. They removed the frame, scraped it out, reset it and now it closes with little effort.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #50

Quote:
The windows need to be replaced. I guess to save weight they are thin and based on the size some sag after opening and closing a few times. I looked at a few Isata 5's and found two with similar issues. Mine got worse as time went by. They replaced with insulated windows, far superior to the originals. The tech did find some of the openings were a bit out of square too.

My door issue turned out to be excessive foam sealant behind the jamb, as it set it expanded and stoped the door from properly closing. They removed the frame, scraped it out, reset it and now it closes with little effort.
Good to know, thanks. Right now I'm a bit upset because they have had my coach over a week and they said they submitted requests for auth to do the work under warranty but Brandon at Dynamax sid he sees no request in our file. I am waiting for a call back from the dealer as to what is happening. But I am afraid nothing has been done and this is all wasted time. There are 13 issues in a list that we gave them, most seemed minor, I dont get why they wouldn't just do the work, after all, it's a brand new coach, obviously under warranty.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #51

Quote:
Good to know, thanks. Right now I'm a bit upset because they have had my coach over a week and they said they submitted requests for auth to do the work under warranty but Brandon at Dynamax sid he sees no request in our file. I am waiting for a call back from the dealer as to what is happening. But I am afraid nothing has been done and this is all wasted time. There are 13 issues in a list that we gave them, most seemed minor, I dont get why they wouldn't just do the work, after all, it's a brand new coach, obviously under warranty.

My repairs started on February 1st... and still are not complete... hopefully you get answers soon.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #52

Quote:
My repairs started on February 1st... and still are not complete... hopefully you get answers soon.
Ack! February! Yikes! Actually, I heard back and they said there was some email glitch and Brandon should get the requests today, and also that most of the small stuff has been done, just waiting on auth for the big stuff and for parts. After our big trip in July I wont care how long it takes, was just hoping most would be done before we left, guess I was being naive.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 06-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
True, but if it had been spelled correctly, punctuation would not have been quite so important.

"YOUR" should be "YOU'RE"

I'm sure this was written this way on purpose.

Good catch on the spelling. I was going to show this to my wife but now I won’t. She will see the spelling error before the humor.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #54
Site Team

Very common for dealers to blame the manufacturer because it diverts the customer's anger away from the dealer, when the problem is the dealer's incompetence.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #55

Positive post!!

My wife and I have owned several RV's over the years, all of them have had problems from time.to time, we were told by salesmen to expect to have trouble since the rigs are built on an assembly line, not something one wants to hear.
However we bought a small bumper pull trailer we could take places we can't get our fiver into. A Forest River Rockwood mini lite 1809S, not one thing wrong since we bought it early 2015, none. Pretty amazing since all our other rigs have been in the shop for warranty issues after a maiden voyage and some more than others, not this rig, pretty impressive considering where we have taken it, roads barely exist most of the places we have gone with it. I would not hesitate to recommend anyone looking for a small weekend warrior to camp with to look at the lineup of these trailers. Just wish they would have kept dual axles like ours has, maybe a bit overkill but works better than a single imho.
Marcus
marcus morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof