Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Proof that misery loves company.

Well...maybe not proof, but I think it supports the theory that you will always see more complaints online than compliments. The same reason, news headlines are overly dramatic and often times negative. If you are happy, then you are out enjoying things, not taking the time to post. If you have a problem, you hop on to get a question answered or to vent. So by nature, you see all the negatives and assume that's all there is.

I one time had a person complain that my only concern was "setting the record straight". No, not my only concern, but I think a VERY important part of what I do. I have seen people complain about something and then when it ends up being user error and not a coach defect, get quiet or then blame us for not making sure the user error never happened. Other people read these forums and they take what is said as fact in many cases. So when it is NOT fact, it is my job to step up and correct the record for all those to come. I also hope I am just as quick to admit when there is a problem and try to correct that equally.

Now having said that, there was a post just this week where someone said they had no problems. So I'm excited it happens, I just think we can all agree that it is the exception and not the norm (posting positive results) for most sites...(I do think we get a much better balance in the Dynamax forum).

So I would challenge everyone to do that fairly. Not just Dynamax products...all products. Post the issues, I think that is fair, but post the positives as well. We don't need to "assume" intent or motivation. Pictures are always helpful to support the issues as well. Many times, someone's "this is just horrendous" is another person's "I don't see an issue here".

Let's take that "after call survey"...not just when they suck, but when they're "awesome" as well. Call the number on the receipt, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.04.20 P.png
Views:	334
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	174592  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

You have assumed a difficult task when you decided to participate in the forums. I think your participation lends a good light to your product and I would ask of corporate, why do not the other divisions represent themselves. I can only guess why... Kudos to you sir.

Remember: Nobody ever got a raise for "Shoveling against the tide."
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #3

I agree negative comments get more views and more comments. One thing to factor in though is that every time someone comments on a thread, it brings that thread back to the top of the page. It is then more likely to get views and comments. I am not sure how you can factor that statistically, unless a very complicated website analytics program could do some of it. I for one am guilty of posting opinion and suggestions to help someone out on problems, and am not as likely to post on positive comments. I will try to do better
Old 06-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #4

Brian,

You are certainly trying your best to juggle the good, the bad and the ugly and having someone in your capacity on this forum is a big deal.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a Super C buyer down sizing from a Prevost, of which I’ve had several. The attention to detail on a Prevost regardless of the converter is not comparable to fiberglass production coaches even when looking behind panels and places never seen by owners, it’s unsurpassed quality. Yes, you pay for that quality.

What really concerns me are the complaints on this forum with pictures of new units, freshly delivered and Owner PDI’s done only to find plumbing, wiring, fixtures, fasteners, failed components and a host of other items that just shouldn’t have happened. Where is the failure in quality control, production, dealer or new buyers so excited they just accept or overlook discrepancies? Humans make mistakes, just keeping them to a minimum is likely the goal.

There’s a whole lot of good I see here on Dynamax and I really want to move to a new DX3, so I’m trying my best to weed through the forum posts and decide if it’s Dynamax or Renegade. I’m sure they have their share of issues being production coaches, I just don’t see as much because there is nothing comparable to this site and your involvement.

By the way, a new DX3 will cost more than my 14 year old Prevost. I sure like the looks of the DX. Wish I was near Gatlinburg for your Rally, I'm sure I could get the real poop face to face with so many Dynamax owners.
Hsrvtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #5

Well said Brian. I for one are a "glass is half full" person and will take the time to write an email or official on letterhead to provide a positive feedback of my experience to the manager. It feels good to recognize the extra effort put forth by someone. I recently did this for your friends at Hill Truck Center.

Negative is easy when emotions are high and we are quick to forget when things go right or as expected. Orangecrush and I said positive things about Dynamax in a recent post about a 37RB. The fact that you are here and continue to provide help to the users is a testament to your personality and commitment to the brand. Thank you again for all your support.
JRM63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbaldguy View Post
I agree negative comments get more views and more comments. One thing to factor in though is that every time someone comments on a thread, it brings that thread back to the top of the page. It is then more likely to get views and comments. I am not sure how you can factor that statistically, unless a very complicated website analytics program could do some of it. I for one am guilty of posting opinion and suggestions to help someone out on problems, and am not as likely to post on positive comments. I will try to do better

Well said Brian and I agree with all that I'm hearing here and this comment rings true for me. More folks will jump on the negative or 'problem' posting, much of it to chime and and offer a solution, than will folks pile on to a positive comment. So I think the stats are skewed and not nearly as indicative of a Dynamax problem as you might think. Like I've said, I've owned a lot of RV's and I like Dynamax for what they are and their quality.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #7

This is my 2nd Coach from where Brian was working. In both cases he was active on the forum and he is the reason why I bought. Where he goes, I will most likely go for my next one. If he stays then I’ll stay. Why? Because service trumps any feature, any limitation, or any failure. As many have said before, all coaches have issues and it is the unique customer experience as a Dynamax owner that makes ownership more enjoyable.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:34 PM   #8

This forum should provide a wealth of information for you to better your product and services. I still firmly believe that you should focus on improving Dynamax's relationship with your dealers. It is your greatest opportunity to make happier customers and reduce complaints. Getting ahead of issues quickly will help stop people from coming to the forum to vent.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:30 AM   #9

‘‘Tis the ugly truth of the internet and feedback. Nonetheless still valuable for everyone to see what problems exist and that you’re actively responding. That’s what I saw when I was first shopping and decided to buy.

Don’t ever stop setting the record straight. You’ve got a unique perspective in your position and the input you provide is always valuable imo
Old 06-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsrvtime View Post
Brian,

Wish I was near Gatlinburg for your Rally, I'm sure I could get the real poop face to face with so many Dynamax owners.
This would have been an excellent place for a comma, as you said "poop face".
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well...maybe not proof, but I think it supports the theory that you will always see more complaints online than compliments. The same reason, news headlines are overly dramatic and often times negative. If you are happy, then you are out enjoying things, not taking the time to post. If you have a problem, you hop on to get a question answered or to vent. So by nature, you see all the negatives and assume that's all there is.

I one time had a person complain that my only concern was "setting the record straight". No, not my only concern, but I think a VERY important part of what I do. I have seen people complain about something and then when it ends up being user error and not a coach defect, get quiet or then blame us for not making sure the user error never happened. Other people read these forums and they take what is said as fact in many cases. So when it is NOT fact, it is my job to step up and correct the record for all those to come. I also hope I am just as quick to admit when there is a problem and try to correct that equally.

Now having said that, there was a post just this week where someone said they had no problems. So I'm excited it happens, I just think we can all agree that it is the exception and not the norm (posting positive results) for most sites...(I do think we get a much better balance in the Dynamax forum).

So I would challenge everyone to do that fairly. Not just Dynamax products...all products. Post the issues, I think that is fair, but post the positives as well. We don't need to "assume" intent or motivation. Pictures are always helpful to support the issues as well. Many times, someone's "this is just horrendous" is another person's "I don't see an issue here".

Let's take that "after call survey"...not just when they suck, but when they're "awesome" as well. Call the number on the receipt, etc.
I agree Brian. We are all guilty of complaining and lacking in praise. I for one will work on that. By the way I love my Isata 3RW, 11000 miles since we purchased it last August and couldn’t be happier.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #12

I agree Brian...I don’t own one yet, but even with all the bad reports I can honestly say that your presence and willingness to read and respond has become a very large factor in where we will go to buy our first RV. I hope that you will be able to continue as you have for the foreseeable future. By the way, I think a lot of people in the forum see through all the negative and realize there are a lot of positives too...even if they aren’t always typed for everyone to see.
RKMilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
This would have been an excellent place for a comma, as you said "poop face".
Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
HAHAHAHAHA! you crack me up!
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #15
Commercial Member

I agree with all that has been posted. More posts = more views. And again, I'm not complaining, nor seeking more positive for Dynamax. Just pointing out what most people know, but still a few don't understand. I see some new people come on the forum and are like "wow, with all these problems, I am going to look elsewhere". So they go buy another product that may have more problems, but fewer complaints because there is just no centralized source like this. So they think "no news is good news".

Really just a reminder to the newbies...that you will see more complaints than praise and that is perfectly natural.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #16

I’d argue if they’re paying any attention they’ll see lots of problems being resolved which is the key point imo.

I shouldn’t have to deal with this on a new coach is a great sentiment, but at some point reality will set in. For some....
Old 06-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #17

BC, you are right on. Playing in an open public forum is a double edged sword. This forum is an invaluable tool in the ownership of a Dynamax product. Most of the really negative posts are emotional reactions to something frustrating but things do break, 'things happen' and most are simple to fix. You are a master at cutting through the fog to get to the facts and the facts don't usually support the anger we sometimes see on here. We all really do appreciate the forum, especially your frequent participation, please keep up the good work.

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #18

OK I get it, missed poop comma, now back to lurking.
Hsrvtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #19

I don't own a Dynamax product, but I do agree with the premise of this thread. There is currently a thread on the Coachmen forum that someone started stating a technician said that Coachmen products are dog fecal matter. I posted a positive response not only about Coachmen, but our local dealer as well.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #20
Just as confused as you

BC, I believe you are a great GM. Though I could never afford a Dynamax product unless I somehow get lucky and win the lottery.

I read your posts because they catch my interest as the amount of care you put forth in your responses to peoples problems. I wish other FR divisions had GM's as caring as you.

Keep up the great work.

Rich
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof