Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 09:03 PM   #1

Propane & generator question

I have a Dynamax isata 3, 2022, had it since October 2022, when I turn the generator on and let it run a little bit when I turn on the air conditioner it runs a little bit then shuts the generator off, generator show 13.9 Short Circuit!, the other issue is the propane, it has been working have taken one trip propane show full, cannot get any propane device such as stove, refrigerator to turn on. The value is turned on, the tank show full, anyone have any suggestions?
mopaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:29 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1. We have been seeing some issues with the 3.2 diesel gen and the A/C. The A/C spikes a draw when the compressor comes on and it is too much for the 3.2 gen. It works fine with the LP gen....it does not like the diesel (part of that is the LP is 3.6kw and the disele is 3.2kw. Altitude and heat make a bigger impact than it should).
A GE soft start seems to remedy the issues.

2. IF the valve was opened too quickly it can lock up. Also, if it was not purged properly at the initial fill, there could be air in the lines.

You say it "was working"? is the remote fill switch no? What changed from the one trip where it was working to now? Was it winterized by the dealer?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:53 AM   #3

I have the same vehicle with diesel generator and the AC works just fine. You might look around for anything drawing additional power as that will overload it too. I made the mistake early on with a countertop ice maker. Couldn't run both at the same time. Also consider that if it is really new, the generator will take some time to break in. One more thought, check the generator cables. I had one that was hand tight.
WinkDinkerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:13 PM   #4

Thanks for responses, since I was having problems I turned LP off and slowly turned it back on, as far as what changed from 1st trip nothing has changed, I used to have problems with previous RV so turning the LP valve slowly is a lesson I learned on it. Before taking to dealer I thought I would check to make sure the tank is full, even thought the switch says it is full. As for as generator, a few lights were on nothing else and maybe generator break in will help, I will look at the cables and try a soft start, thanks again for the feedback.
Old 03-26-2023, 03:02 PM   #5

Remote propane switch

Sorry Brain, the remote propane switch is turned off. Also I see there was a recall on some Isata Class 3 2022 models in August this last year on the valves, will check with dealer to make sure this was checked.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:32 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopaw55 View Post
Sorry Brain, the remote propane switch is turned off. Also I see there was a recall on some Isata Class 3 2022 models in August this last year on the valves, will check with dealer to make sure this was checked.
So you have propane now? that's the important part.

Old 03-26-2023, 06:58 PM   #7

No propane yet

No propane yet, troubleshooting all the possibilities, if it turns out I completely out at tank, there must be a heck of a leak.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #8
Isata 3RW 2022

Maybe your tank gauge isn't working correctly. My propane tank gauge doesn't move as the propane is used. If i tap on the gauge at the tank it will drop down to the level of the propane (I think). I'm not sure if its the tank float not moving or the gauge is't turning with the float. It's at the dealer now for this and other repairs.
VISTACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:53 PM   #9

Thanks for reply, I am going to a facility tomorrow to see if that is the case, I am trying to avoid going to my dealer right now since it is about 3 hours away, I have no ideal what their service wait time is right now, but defiantly a warranty item. I just have 1400 miles on vehicle and haven't been able to enjoy it yet.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:26 PM   #10

When my co2 detector died, it shut off my propane. Once replaced, the propane came back on and has worked since. Not sure if it's your issue but always worth a look.
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 07:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopaw55 View Post
...the remote propane switch is turned off...
Unrelated question: I have a 2022 Isata 3 and I am unaware of any 'remote propane switch'...am I missing something?
Old 04-08-2023, 02:36 PM   #12
Isata 3RW 2022

I don't have one either unless it's hidden.
VISTACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 07:24 AM   #13
Commercial Member

You only have a remote fill if you can't see the tank...if you can see the tank and the shut off, then it will fill at the tank.

Tags
generator, propane, question