Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2021, 09:14 AM   #1

Props to Dynamax

I’ve been reading through these forums for the past 6 months while waiting to take delivery of our 2021 XL. Glad to finally be part of this community as an official owner.

We were lucky to have the opportunity traveling to Elkhart twice during the build process to observe, take construction photos and talk with the folks at Dynamax. Between Michael Wagner at the factory and our dealer DeMartini RV we designed the semi-custom paint scheme with the Dynamax blackout package.

We have owned Fleetwood, Jayco and Thor motorized RV’s over the past 25-years and I have to say this is by far the cleanest delivery we’ve ever had. Zero, literally zero scrap wood, screws, wire, sawdust or debris under the cabinets, furniture or in the drawers.

Our previous Seneca sounded like it was coming apart while driving the garbage roads throughout California. The Dynamax is remarkably quiet and very solid.

Looking forward to being part of this forum and sharing our experiences and upgrades / modifications as we stack up the miles...
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

Welcome and congratulations from a fellow XL owner. Sounds like a good looking unit...pictures?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #3

Awesome congrats! Welcome to the family.

A few things tho:

1. You can't talk about a custom paint job and not post pics

2. Those screws and wires (maybe not the dust) are spares. I think you've been shorted. Should ask your dealer to add some back in for later
Old 02-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #4

You are gonna love driving your new XL!!!!! Air ride seats, tons of power, adaptive cruise, just to list some of it.
MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #5

Congrats on the new rig, wife and I are very much looking forward to the 3400KD XL we have on order. Should be picking up in September hopefully. Combing thru the Facebook build pics, I'm only assuming this is your new beast?:

Thanks,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XL.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	248565  
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #6

Welcome, look forward to seeing you on the road.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #7

That's the one! Here are some more images of it-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2545.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	248613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2585 2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	248614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Dec 08, 1 46 39 PM 2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	248615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3141 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	248616  
Old 03-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #8

Yeah! Awesome. I saw that one in person when we were by the factory in January. Great looking paint!
Old 03-01-2021, 03:13 PM   #9

Question, you got the black rims from the factory? What brand are they (curious if they fit the Isata 5)
seels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #10

American Racing ATX Series. I am not sure if they fit Ram 5500, but I am sure you can find it on their website.

I have had them on my 2018 Force HD and love them, easy to clean.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #11
Commercial Member

1. welcome and thank you for the kind words.
2. lol, I think FOURWHL is right...you got shorted some spare parts that we often casually lay in hidden compartments, under and behind furniture. I think we have even offered up a tool or two.
3. As a Buckeye fan...even I was not sure about the red paint on the XL, but once it was completed and it was out in ship row, I actually took a picture. I felt like it popped just enough to give it a little "Race Car Vibe". Turned out great.
4. Those rims do not fit the Ram.

Lastly, the picture I took, so that no one thinks I was just sucking up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Red XL.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	248663  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:34 PM   #12

As an aspiring owner of a Dynaquest XL, this is great to hear! It's a huge investment so, even though my husband and I have been researching and actively searching for one for several months, we occasionally question our sanity. So it's great to hear from satisfied owners who have taken delivery!

My only disappointment has been that we have not gotten the same responsiveness from DeMartini that others have. I am originally from Nevada City/Grass Valley, and went to school with several of the DeMartini kids. I grew up literally across the street from Margie DeMartini's parents. So, once we started shopping for a Dynamax, I immediately wanted to give them our business, if at all possible.

We walked into DeMartini in person two weeks ago to look at a DX3, which it turned out they had just sold the day before. So we toured a few units while we were there (though the only unsold Dynamax unit they could show us was a Force), and talked to the salesman about what we wanted. At the end of the visit, we had to actually suggest that he take our contact info (since he didn't volunteer). Since then, I have called the salesman 3x and left messages trying to get in the queue for a 2021 or 2022 Dynaquest. He never did return my calls, but I managed to get him on the phone once, last Wednesday, and he said he would get back to me by the weekend and then never did. It's now Monday evening and I am still waiting for a response.

The unspoken-for 2021 and 2022 XL BH units are being gobbled up so quickly that, out of desperation, we contacted dealerships in AZ, TX, and NJ. It has been a night and day difference as far as the responsiveness. The salesmen from all three of those dealerships have been beyond helpful. We can count the time it takes them to call or email us back in minutes, not days. Some of them have even responded after hours when we did not expect them to.

I think we are close to finalizing a deal with one of those three other dealerships so I am excited about getting our Dynaquest. But it makes me sad that I did not receive the same quality of service from my hometown dealership that others have, and that I won't be able to give the benefit of the significant sales tax on our purchase to the county I grew up in, and where most of my family still lives (I believe DeMartini RV is the largest contributor of sales taxes to Nevada County-- or at least they used to be).
streder805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:43 PM   #13

Its funny how things change so fast. Picked up my DX3 at the start of corona, and the gentleman i purchased it from was glad to finally get it sold. Fast forward 9 months and you cant find one for any reasonable price.

Same goes for some other items, a few months back no one wanted them, now they pay double retail for them. My buddy sold his one year old UTV for more than he paid new. Past summer people were buying 2 year old jet skis for above the MSRP on brand new ones!

Crazyness like ive never seen!

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post
Its funny how things change so fast. Picked up my DX3 at the start of corona, and the gentleman i purchased it from was glad to finally get it sold. Fast forward 9 months and you cant find one for any reasonable price.

Same goes for some other items, a few months back no one wanted them, now they pay double retail for them. My buddy sold his one year old UTV for more than he paid new. Past summer people were buying 2 year old jet skis for above the MSRP on brand new ones!

Crazyness like ive never seen!

--John
This is probably a big part of it. The vibe I got from them wasn't rude, but more of an exhausted: "So you want a Dynaquest? Yeah, you and everybody else these days. The line starts back there."

Anyway, I apologize for hacking a positive thread with a complaint-- blame it on ownership envy, LOL! That is a gorgeous coach. :-)
streder805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:50 PM   #15

Brian, the fact that you are so active in this group helped us make the decision to purchase a Dynamax. Having prior experience with DeMartini made that another easy choice. Michael Wagner at the factory was awesome.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:00 AM   #16

Nice! Welcome aboard
Old 03-02-2021, 07:41 AM   #17

Great looking rig. Love the red. It would look great towing a Rubicon Jeep with the red outlined letters and trim! ;-)
Welcome to the group and forum.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:04 AM   #18

Shultz, I remember you years ago when we both had Seneca’s and when you jumped to Dynamax.