Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #21
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 1,120
You need to select the model of appliance as well as the model of coach. If you do not find the appliance associated with your coach, look for the OM on the manufacturer site. Then download it onto your own appliance/memory stick.

It's the that Internet access is far from country wide with the bandwidth to access multi page docs let alone video. And with the short range of 5G this will not improve for some time. So be prepared by ensuring you have the documents for every appliance before you need it. And make sure you have the same for your chassis.

BTDT and have the scars to prove it.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:32 AM   #22
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 17,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcastro View Post
I never received any hard copy manuals with my purchase and the online videos are either outdated or don't apply to the features on my model, despite the fact that I select my model on the website.
Did you purchase it new or used?

The interactive manuals truly started in 2019...while some go back to 2018, they are more generic as it applied to ALL Forest River Motorized. Starting in 2019-2020, we got the ability to make them model specific.
__________________
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:45 AM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 31
I purchased new in June of 2020. Only manuals I received were for a few of the appliances but nothing for the operations of the coach itself.
dcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #24
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcastro View Post
I purchased new in June of 2020. Only manuals I received were for a few of the appliances but nothing for the operations of the coach itself.
This gap is common to most of the RV OEMs. There is a presumption out there that the intricacies of operating a mobile "home" should be known to everyone. Just as when you purchase a home, new or pre owned, no one gives you an operating manual. You are lucky to get the OMs for the appliances in any pre-owned purchase.

Back in the day, the dealers were more knowledgeable and professional and spent much more time with new purchasers. Today however that has fallen to the Internet, sites like this and Rv2 where people share their learning moments and by that means the obvious, evident, and logical gets passed on. Nothing beats doing a lot of research on how appliances are installed, operate, and maintained long before you take delivery and most importantly keeping your own records of this research. Again with the Internet and smart device this is much easier than a ring binder.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #25
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 17,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcastro View Post
I purchased new in June of 2020. Only manuals I received were for a few of the appliances but nothing for the operations of the coach itself.
It should have been all of the appliances.

The owners manual is digital and downloadable so that it can be updated as information changes. You might find the 2021 to be more helpful as we keep refining the process. The letter below goes in every packet to explain the process. We have tried to provide more information, in as many different formats as possible, including being here on this forum as a resource.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamax Welcome Letter.pdf (599.0 KB, 22 views)
__________________
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:27 AM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
This gap is common to most of the RV OEMs. There is a presumption out there that the intricacies of operating a mobile "home" should be known to everyone. Just as when you purchase a home, new or pre owned, no one gives you an operating manual. You are lucky to get the OMs for the appliances in any pre-owned purchase.

Back in the day, the dealers were more knowledgeable and professional and spent much more time with new purchasers. Today however that has fallen to the Internet, sites like this and Rv2 where people share their learning moments and by that means the obvious, evident, and logical gets passed on. Nothing beats doing a lot of research on how appliances are installed, operate, and maintained long before you take delivery and most importantly keeping your own records of this research. Again with the Internet and smart device this is much easier than a ring binder.
Don't know about you but I received every owner's manual for the appliances, etc that were in my home when I bought it. Homes are different than RV's. There aren't functioning items that aren't appliances that need a manual. You wouldn't expect to buy a $150K car without an owner's manual. Don't understand why the RV industry gets away with this. The digital version I received and the online videos aren't even applicable to my model as they are generic and were made for prior year models or bigger coaches with different equipment, etc.
dcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:12 AM   #27
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcastro View Post
Don't know about you but I received every owner's manual for the appliances, etc that were in my home when I bought it. Homes are different than RV's. There aren't functioning items that aren't appliances that need a manual. You wouldn't expect to buy a $150K car without an owner's manual. Don't understand why the RV industry gets away with this. The digital version I received and the online videos aren't even applicable to my model as they are generic and were made for prior year models or bigger coaches with different equipment, etc.
I received every manual for every appliance so no complaints about that. Although some needed an update from the OEM web site which was neither challenging nor unusual. So someone "borrowed" your manuals although I am not sure what you mean by "generic"? A water heater differs by model number so what did you get for your water heater? Surely it was model specific even if for the wrong model.

But what I think you are driving at is the OM that one gets with a car which literally tells you how to put the seat belt on; hold the steering wheel; how warm or cold the car interior needs to be for safe driving. You get that with the OM for the truck when you buy and RV but the presumption is that the rest of the RV is like a home. No instructions as to where the light switches are placed and whether they are ON/UP or OFF/UP - just like a home. Also no instructions as to how to change a light bulb (like a home) and one pays a great deal more for most homes than $150K.

I think your issue is reasonable but for one thing, most people do not read manuals, even if they are provided. If its not on YouTube then they learn from FaceBook or by trial and error because they "know" everything already.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Posts: 24
Brian,
How can I start a new thread? I donít see a button to start a new thread.

My question is this: Is it OK to plug in my Dynamax REV 24TB to shore power while coach batteries are switched off and stored in a warm garage separate from the MH? Our local technician says it is important to store batteries in heated space to prevent freezing in winter temperatures down to -40F.

Thanks AlaskaRed
AlaskaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Desert Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Fort Mill SC
Posts: 299
Quote:
How can I start a new thread? I donít see a button to start a new thread.
The new thread button does not appear when you are in an existing thread. Back up one level to the list of Dynamax posts to see the new thread button at the top.

Quote:
My question is this: Is it OK to plug in my Dynamax REV 24TB to shore power while coach batteries are switched off and stored in a warm garage separate from the MH? Our local technician says it is important to store batteries in heated space to prevent freezing in winter temperatures down to -40F.
The one question will be inverter/charger behavior when it does not see batteries present. There are some that you can put into a 12V constant power mode to power the dc equipment with batteries not present. Looking at the magnum manual, I see not indication of what it will do in this condition.
__________________
2021 Isata 5 28ss 4x2 / 2020 JLU Rubicon
Prior: 2016 Lance 1995 / Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
2012 Lance 1575 / 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manuals, manual

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.