Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #21
Norwood Auto Italia

You need to select the model of appliance as well as the model of coach. If you do not find the appliance associated with your coach, look for the OM on the manufacturer site. Then download it onto your own appliance/memory stick.

It's the that Internet access is far from country wide with the bandwidth to access multi page docs let alone video. And with the short range of 5G this will not improve for some time. So be prepared by ensuring you have the documents for every appliance before you need it. And make sure you have the same for your chassis.

BTDT and have the scars to prove it.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:32 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcastro View Post
I never received any hard copy manuals with my purchase and the online videos are either outdated or don't apply to the features on my model, despite the fact that I select my model on the website.
Did you purchase it new or used?

The interactive manuals truly started in 2019...while some go back to 2018, they are more generic as it applied to ALL Forest River Motorized. Starting in 2019-2020, we got the ability to make them model specific.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:45 AM   #23

I purchased new in June of 2020. Only manuals I received were for a few of the appliances but nothing for the operations of the coach itself.
dcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #24
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
I purchased new in June of 2020. Only manuals I received were for a few of the appliances but nothing for the operations of the coach itself.
This gap is common to most of the RV OEMs. There is a presumption out there that the intricacies of operating a mobile "home" should be known to everyone. Just as when you purchase a home, new or pre owned, no one gives you an operating manual. You are lucky to get the OMs for the appliances in any pre-owned purchase.

Back in the day, the dealers were more knowledgeable and professional and spent much more time with new purchasers. Today however that has fallen to the Internet, sites like this and Rv2 where people share their learning moments and by that means the obvious, evident, and logical gets passed on. Nothing beats doing a lot of research on how appliances are installed, operate, and maintained long before you take delivery and most importantly keeping your own records of this research. Again with the Internet and smart device this is much easier than a ring binder.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
It should have been all of the appliances.

The owners manual is digital and downloadable so that it can be updated as information changes. You might find the 2021 to be more helpful as we keep refining the process. The letter below goes in every packet to explain the process. We have tried to provide more information, in as many different formats as possible, including being here on this forum as a resource.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamax Welcome Letter.pdf (599.0 KB, 67 views)

Old 10-20-2021, 06:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
This gap is common to most of the RV OEMs. There is a presumption out there that the intricacies of operating a mobile "home" should be known to everyone. Just as when you purchase a home, new or pre owned, no one gives you an operating manual. You are lucky to get the OMs for the appliances in any pre-owned purchase.

Back in the day, the dealers were more knowledgeable and professional and spent much more time with new purchasers. Today however that has fallen to the Internet, sites like this and Rv2 where people share their learning moments and by that means the obvious, evident, and logical gets passed on. Nothing beats doing a lot of research on how appliances are installed, operate, and maintained long before you take delivery and most importantly keeping your own records of this research. Again with the Internet and smart device this is much easier than a ring binder.
Don't know about you but I received every owner's manual for the appliances, etc that were in my home when I bought it. Homes are different than RV's. There aren't functioning items that aren't appliances that need a manual. You wouldn't expect to buy a $150K car without an owner's manual. Don't understand why the RV industry gets away with this. The digital version I received and the online videos aren't even applicable to my model as they are generic and were made for prior year models or bigger coaches with different equipment, etc.
dcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:12 AM   #27
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Don't know about you but I received every owner's manual for the appliances, etc that were in my home when I bought it. Homes are different than RV's. There aren't functioning items that aren't appliances that need a manual. You wouldn't expect to buy a $150K car without an owner's manual. Don't understand why the RV industry gets away with this. The digital version I received and the online videos aren't even applicable to my model as they are generic and were made for prior year models or bigger coaches with different equipment, etc.
I received every manual for every appliance so no complaints about that. Although some needed an update from the OEM web site which was neither challenging nor unusual. So someone "borrowed" your manuals although I am not sure what you mean by "generic"? A water heater differs by model number so what did you get for your water heater? Surely it was model specific even if for the wrong model.

But what I think you are driving at is the OM that one gets with a car which literally tells you how to put the seat belt on; hold the steering wheel; how warm or cold the car interior needs to be for safe driving. You get that with the OM for the truck when you buy and RV but the presumption is that the rest of the RV is like a home. No instructions as to where the light switches are placed and whether they are ON/UP or OFF/UP - just like a home. Also no instructions as to how to change a light bulb (like a home) and one pays a great deal more for most homes than $150K.

I think your issue is reasonable but for one thing, most people do not read manuals, even if they are provided. If its not on YouTube then they learn from FaceBook or by trial and error because they "know" everything already.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #28

Brian,
How can I start a new thread? I don’t see a button to start a new thread.

My question is this: Is it OK to plug in my Dynamax REV 24TB to shore power while coach batteries are switched off and stored in a warm garage separate from the MH? Our local technician says it is important to store batteries in heated space to prevent freezing in winter temperatures down to -40F.

Thanks AlaskaRed
AlaskaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #29

Quote:
How can I start a new thread? I don’t see a button to start a new thread.
The new thread button does not appear when you are in an existing thread. Back up one level to the list of Dynamax posts to see the new thread button at the top.

Quote:
My question is this: Is it OK to plug in my Dynamax REV 24TB to shore power while coach batteries are switched off and stored in a warm garage separate from the MH? Our local technician says it is important to store batteries in heated space to prevent freezing in winter temperatures down to -40F.
The one question will be inverter/charger behavior when it does not see batteries present. There are some that you can put into a 12V constant power mode to power the dc equipment with batteries not present. Looking at the magnum manual, I see not indication of what it will do in this condition.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:55 PM   #30

Brian, just another suggestion for what is indeed an awesome section of your website. As components and layouts have changed over time, would it be possible to also list by date or have an archive section for older versions of these documents? For example, the service location diagram for the 30FW is not entirely how mine is laid out, and while I've figured out the differences it would be nice to have the "as built". Same as components/vendors change, etc. THANKS! Tom
lyhoftom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:00 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyhoftom View Post
Brian, just another suggestion for what is indeed an awesome section of your website. As components and layouts have changed over time, would it be possible to also list by date or have an archive section for older versions of these documents? For example, the service location diagram for the 30FW is not entirely how mine is laid out, and while I've figured out the differences it would be nice to have the "as built". Same as components/vendors change, etc. THANKS! Tom
YES/NO.

If you look at the site by model year....it will have you archived data "as built". However, if it is missing that data for your model year, that means we did not create it for that model year and decided to only go forward, as it was not efficient to try and catch up stuff. We do also make running changes....and we may be replacing prints vs. adding prints. I'll make that note to the team....but again, we would likely not go backwards and try to catch up, just get better going forward

Old 02-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #32

Brian, thanks for the clarification! I was going straight to the 2022 listing and did not pay attention enough to track to the model year selection...sorry sir!
lyhoftom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 03:08 PM   #33
Commercial Member

I do the same thing...but mainly because I know 2022 is the best version of ourselves (each year we get a little better). By next model change, we should have actual pictures of the service items...as you would see them on your coach. (if its behind an access panel, you will see the picture from outside with the access panel removed)

Old 02-07-2023, 09:23 AM   #34
Norwood Auto Italia

OMs/
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyhoftom View Post
In theory this already exists as there is a "Year" index on the top of the page for each model. So select your "Year" then select the OMs/documents and that should give you what you are looking for.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not yet, but in the plans. We're trying to add staff.
Any updates on this?
I would like to have wiring schematics for my 202 37ts force HD.
BigIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:05 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron View Post
Any updates on this?
I would like to have wiring schematics for my 202 37ts force HD.
No. Your dealer can get you schematics as they are all online (In Dealer Connect). Corp has decided that we will not release them direct to the customer as they are not qualified to work on many of the components.

It only takes one lawsuit to ruin it for everyone....and that lawsuit has already happened. I will continue to fight for it, but for now, it has been declined.

Old 03-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
No. Your dealer can get you schematics as they are all online (In Dealer Connect). Corp has decided that we will not release them direct to the customer as they are not qualified to work on many of the components.

It only takes one lawsuit to ruin it for everyone....and that lawsuit has already happened. I will continue to fight for it, but for now, it has been declined.
Unfortunately not everyone has a dealer. And it would be much safer to release all the information like other industries do.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Unfortunately not everyone has a dealer. And it would be much safer to release all the information like other industries do.
I agree with you!
closest dealer to me is 6 hour round trip. Leave MH and will get to it when we can.
Nearby independent service locations (general rv service) No appointments first come first server leave MH will get to it. Leave MH in unsecured lot with a sign "We are not responsible for damage/theft .........."

Like I will leave a 1/4 mil MH for long period of time in that environment

NOT

The only work I don't due is fiberglass bodywork. The rest I'll take care of
electrical schematics that are readable would be of great value.
even add a caveat line that ---- The owner is responsible to insure that "Any service or modification of electrical systems must be performed by qualified licensed personnel"
Old 01-15-2024, 04:31 PM   #39
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
"safer"?? For whom? The Automobile OEMs do not release this stuff either because the plaintiff's bar has shown them that its far from safe to allow unskilled and more important ill-equipped work on systems they cannot understand. Same thing in the Marine and Aerospace industries. Even master mechanics or A&P qualified technicians cannot work on nearly every aircraft flying today because of the specialized knowledge, tools and parts needed.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:14 PM   #40

Actually, you can get them. I have factory Ford manuals that show all of the wiring diagrams, Harley Davidson manuals that show all wiring diagrams, Polaris factory manuals that show all wiring diagrams, etc. and these are all OEM manuals not aftermarket. It’s unfortunate that Dynamax doesn’t do the same.

Tags
manuals, manual