Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2024, 09:56 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Question about Isata 3 Series Freedom Edition

I have a couple questions for you when you have some time to answer them so I can make a more informed decision around purchasing an Isata 3.

I am in the process of downsizing from a Super C and I am looking at the Isata 3 FWSFX Freedom Edition w/ Recliners.

I am also considering the Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW and Renegade Vienna 25VRML as well. We have decided we want a separate bed and recliner seating area so this eliminated the Airstream Atlas and Leisure Van MB models.

I think Dynamax, Tiffin and Renegade are at the top of the list in terms of quality, reliability and fit and finish.

The folding bed is a big plus with the Isata 3 vs the Murphy Bed on the Tiffin and Renegade models so that has me leaning towards the Isata 3.

The Wayfarer was in the lead with its one-piece fiberglass shower, shower miser, bathroom layout, luxury vinyl flooring and Sumo Springs chassis suspension upgrade but I am now strongly considering the Isata 3.

Here are my questions for you:

1. How reliable is the slide mechanism in the Isata 3 full-wall slide and is there a manual override?

Based on my estimates, the FWSFX slide looks to be the same length of the awning so it may be about 15' in length. That means the slide a few feet longer than the murphy bed models.

I have had issues with full-wall slides before; granted much longer and heavier. I had the Schwintek Mechanism in my Super C replaced with the Vroom Slide System, which is a far more robust and reliable mechanism for a heavy 22' slide.

On the surface it doesn't look like the Isata 3 full-wall slide would be too heavy even though it is longer than the Tiffin and Renegade so I am hoping the Isata 3 slide would be very reliable and have a manual override if there was a failure.

2. I read that you said removing the cab-over bunk option adds about 200lbs of extra OCCC to the Isata 3. Do you know the approximate OCC of the FWSFX w/ Cab-Over Bunk and Recliners?

I like the cab-over for extra storage but if the OCCC is tighter, it may be best to avoid the cab-over bunk. I was looking at no cab-over on the Tiffin and Renegade.

3. I have found a couple dealers with FWSFX models but they all seem to have the cab-over bunk option. If I wanted to order an FWSFX w/o the cab-over bunk to save OCCC can you give me a ballpark of delivery times?

I'm not in a huge rush so I might be willing to wait a bit to order one. I need to either sell or trade my Super C so timing comes down to finding the right unit at a fair price and trading or selling my current unit.

I think those are my main questions / concerns at this point.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:07 AM   #2

2. If expecting more CCC by removing the cabover bunk, be aware of axle ratings. Removing the bunk takes weight off the front axle, but if more of your anticipated cargo, water weight, hitch tongue weight, etc is on the rear axle, then the Sprinter rear axle weight rating could become a bigger concern that the overall CCC.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:22 AM   #3
Commercial Member

A member asked these questions, I just wanted to move them to a public forum in the event others had these questions as well.

Slides. If anyone were to tell you they never fail, they would be lying. In my experience, the 24FW slide rarely has issues and I have camped in every proto. I did have one just recently that kept failing every few months. Each time it was repaired, the same motor would fail again. Knowing that, we sent some spares, customer pulled the motor themselves and we found water was getting in there. We sent a tech down to the dealer and he identified that the slide seal was damaged, along with the slide topper, which was channeling water directly into the motor area. We replaced the slide seal and topper, customer is happy. 9 times out of 10, it is low voltage causing it to think it has issues and it loses slide stops. We created this video and it eliminated 90% of slide calls. https://youtu.be/ZD82FRfZDWI
2 times out of 10, the video does not fix it and 1 times out of 10, it is because the customer did not follow the instructions. Once we get on the phone and walk them through it, it corrects it too. Putting it in override mode is really the only "manual" retraction really. You can pop the motors up and push the slide in by hand...but that does take some "know how". Though we find just about any mobile tech can do it as this type of slide is pretty common in the industry.

Shower Miser: Interestingly enough, this is distributed by a Forest River division. I have chosen not to use it. It diverts water back into the fresh water tank, until it warms up. My fear (and I have confirmed it happens) is that someone forgets they have it running, it overfills the fresh tank and water is spilling out at the camp site. Best case, it spills water, worst case if fills the tank, overflows the vent line and creates a siphon effect sucking all the water out. I also don't love the idea of warm water being put into the fresh tank, as warm water breeds algae (just me mentally...I know those tanks get warm anyway from weather). Knowing people want to conserve water, we instead went with the Truma AquaGo Comfort plus. This has a recirculation line. So it heats the water in that line and recirculates it back to the water heater, not the fresh tank. If you have it on, you have pretty much instant hot water.

Schwintec vs Slim Rack: when I was at the Class C gas division, we used schwintec and I did not love it. The concept is great. Four points of pressure...it IS a great design for slide outs. The problem was, the tolerances were too tight for a production environment. When I came over to Dynamax, we decided to use the Power Gear Slim Rack...which was the same concept, with greater tolerances. LCI eventually bought Power Gear. I still think the slim rack is a good slide system, by design. I do think there are a few components that have fluctuated in quality, but they have been working to shore that up and have been working with us closely over the past year to make things more "bullet proof"

CCC: The SFX (Single Fuel Xplorer) is about 1000 lbs CCC with the cab over. So it would be roughly 1200 without.

Lead time: We are always building them, so if we could not find one with a non-cabover, then it is about 12 weeks for delivery.

Old 02-29-2024, 10:38 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
2. If expecting more CCC by removing the cabover bunk, be aware of axle ratings. Removing the bunk takes weight off the front axle, but if more of your anticipated cargo, water weight, hitch tongue weight, etc is on the rear axle, then the Sprinter rear axle weight rating could become a bigger concern that the overall CCC.
Front axle is 4,410
Rear axle is 7,720
Total: 12,130 (1,100 over GVWR).

Personally, I have never seen any issue where the Isata 3 was pushing either rating.

I am not in the office today, but I can look at every weight for the last year, and run some averages. 4 corner weights.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:33 PM   #5

Glad to hear the Slim Rack is used on the Isata 3.

Many slide issues can be resolved easily. They are usually low-power related. Sometimes the slide gets out of sync and needs to be reset. In some cases there are controller or wiring issues and in the worse case there can be motor issues.

I have a lot of Schwintek Slide experience. The tight tolerances are a very REAL issue for RV manufacturing. Another issue is that the Schwintek Mechanism is only a good and reliable system for small and light slides.

There are several weaknesses with the Schwintek Mechanism when it comes to large and heavy slides.

- The motors have 4 pins to prevent the housing from rotating but there is only a single small set screw holding the motor in place to prevent any vertical movement. The high torque from heavy slides can cause the set screw to bend or shear off allowing the motor to lift in and out of the bearing block.

- The nylon v-rollers are not robust enough for heavy slides and they can wear out or break.

- There are no bearings to speak of in the bearing blocks. The shaft rides on bushings.

- Because of the tight manufacturing tolerances required, any slide not manufactured and assembled within spec will cause one or more of the above weaknesses to fail eventually.

After numerous issues with the 22' heavy full-wall slide in my Thor Super C, I had the Schwintek Mechanism replaced with the Vroom Slide System. Vroom's HQ is in Tucson and they have perfected a direct replacement for Schwintek 2 or 3 track slides.

The Vroom Slide System is a much better engineered system and addresses all of the above weaknesses. It is such a robust system that only 2 tracks are required when replacing a 3 track slide system. You can actually hear the difference as well. The slide is quieter and the motors do not sound like they are struggling to move the slide.

Here is a video that shows and compares some of the components:

https://youtu.be/bTH3kIByLYM

The Vroom Slide System also has a very easy to use emergency manual retraction method so a slide can be pushed in if there is a failure of the motors or electrical system.

It was the best money I ever spent for any upgrade to a coach. I have not had a single issue with it after two years of use. We did a trip to Alaska last summer on the roughest roads I have ever experienced and we put on over 13,000 miles. The Vroom Slide System performed flawlessly.
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
A member asked these questions, I just wanted to move them to a public forum in the event others had these questions as well.

Slides. If anyone were to tell you they never fail, they would be lying. In my experience, the 24FW slide rarely has issues and I have camped in every proto. I did have one just recently that kept failing every few months. Each time it was repaired, the same motor would fail again. Knowing that, we sent some spares, customer pulled the motor themselves and we found water was getting in there. We sent a tech down to the dealer and he identified that the slide seal was damaged, along with the slide topper, which was channeling water directly into the motor area. We replaced the slide seal and topper, customer is happy. 9 times out of 10, it is low voltage causing it to think it has issues and it loses slide stops. We created this video and it eliminated 90% of slide calls. https://youtu.be/ZD82FRfZDWI
2 times out of 10, the video does not fix it and 1 times out of 10, it is because the customer did not follow the instructions. Once we get on the phone and walk them through it, it corrects it too. Putting it in override mode is really the only "manual" retraction really. You can pop the motors up and push the slide in by hand...but that does take some "know how". Though we find just about any mobile tech can do it as this type of slide is pretty common in the industry.

Shower Miser: Interestingly enough, this is distributed by a Forest River division. I have chosen not to use it. It diverts water back into the fresh water tank, until it warms up. My fear (and I have confirmed it happens) is that someone forgets they have it running, it overfills the fresh tank and water is spilling out at the camp site. Best case, it spills water, worst case if fills the tank, overflows the vent line and creates a siphon effect sucking all the water out. I also don't love the idea of warm water being put into the fresh tank, as warm water breeds algae (just me mentally...I know those tanks get warm anyway from weather). Knowing people want to conserve water, we instead went with the Truma AquaGo Comfort plus. This has a recirculation line. So it heats the water in that line and recirculates it back to the water heater, not the fresh tank. If you have it on, you have pretty much instant hot water.

Schwintec vs Slim Rack: when I was at the Class C gas division, we used schwintec and I did not love it. The concept is great. Four points of pressure...it IS a great design for slide outs. The problem was, the tolerances were too tight for a production environment. When I came over to Dynamax, we decided to use the Power Gear Slim Rack...which was the same concept, with greater tolerances. LCI eventually bought Power Gear. I still think the slim rack is a good slide system, by design. I do think there are a few components that have fluctuated in quality, but they have been working to shore that up and have been working with us closely over the past year to make things more "bullet proof"

CCC: The SFX (Single Fuel Xplorer) is about 1000 lbs CCC with the cab over. So it would be roughly 1200 without.

Lead time: We are always building them, so if we could not find one with a non-cabover, then it is about 12 weeks for delivery.

Thanks for all of the answers!

Any plans to add the all electric option to the 24RW???
Old 02-29-2024, 02:06 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Not as of today, but things change. We will have a Freedom Murphy bed out shortly. We already built one....but I had them change a few things. I did not like that I couldn't (well, I did, but it was tight) get dressed in the bathroom, so we made the bathroom bigger. We also had two TV's and that seemed like overkill

Should be out in the next 60 days.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:00 PM   #8

Brian,
Do you know the make/model of the murphy bed being considered?
xrpb11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:48 PM   #9

Regarding ccc- our freedom edition with cab over bunk and reclining chairs has a ccc of 963 lbs.
gandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 09:34 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpb11a View Post
Brian,
Do you know the make/model of the murphy bed being considered?
I'm not sure what this is asking.

If you mean, murphy bed specifically, I think most OEM's are using their own design. So it would be custom to us.

mattress is Tochta.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:35 PM   #11

I was just interested in tracking down a picture of it to guess how thick the padding on the couch is and how comfortable the couch would be. Nice to see the Tochta mattress being used!

Quote:
I'm not sure what this is asking.

If you mean, murphy bed specifically, I think most OEM's are using their own design. So it would be custom to us.

mattress is Tochta.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:11 AM   #12

What A/C unit is now in the 2024? Have you done any testing on battery life running the A/C?
Old 03-03-2024, 09:33 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge64 View Post
What A/C unit is now in the 2024? Have you done any testing on battery life running the A/C?
Coleman Mach right now. On max settings it ran for about 6 hours.

We are in the process of testing the GE Low Pro (new) and the Truma, now that they have a ducted option.

Old 03-03-2024, 08:42 PM   #14

@bclemens

So I went to see the Isata 3 FWSFX w/ recliners today for the first time after weeks of analysis of several coached in this class and finally narrowing down my choice between it and the Wayfarer 25RW w/ recliners. We also saw the Wayfarer 25RW today so we could literally do a side-by-side comparison.

I have some observations, comparisons, concerns and questions for you.

Observations:

1. I personally think you hit it out of the park with the floor plan design! Tip o' the hat to you, sir!

I have a 35' Super C and even though I watched lots of videos and looked at numerous pictures, the space with the slide closed and open is unparalleled and can't truly be appreciated until you are physically inside the coach. I can barely open the fridge in my Super C with the full wall slide closed or get past my wife when she is trying to prepare lunch in the kitchen to get to the bathroom while we stop for a break.

We could open the fridge and every cabinet, drawer or closet fully. I could also easily get by my wife in the kitchen to get to the bathroom with the slide closed. I swear there is even more room between the recliners and the kitchen than there is with my Super C with the slide open!

Isata 3 24FW vs Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW: Isata 3 wins hands-down!

2. The stock mattress may be the most comfortable I have laid on in any coach. Great choice!

This bed configuration is such a great option so that you can have a separate bed and living area without needing to make the bed to have adequate living space. The bed does not interfere with anything in the coach and it gives you the ability to have a REAL mattress.

It would be nice to have have some reading lights and a small shelf on each side near the head of the bed to place a phone and bottle of water.

The Murphy Bed in the Wayfarer 25RW is not very comfortable at all and will require mattress upgrades or modifications to make it useable. The couch at the Murphy Bed is also not very comfortable so it is somewhat a waste of space or will require modifications to make it more useable. If you install a bigger mattress it will start getting heavy to lift and stow, which is also a negative.

3. The recliners are the most luxurious and comfortable that I have seen in any coach in this price range and are off the chart!!!!! They rival a Class A Tiffin or Newmar.

My wife has neck issues and needs a high back recliner. These were perfect and she loved them. The high back recliner is something that is hard to find in a coach and being able to move them to a fully recline position was awesome! You could easily fall aslpeep in them and the massage and heat functions are a terrific bonus. We also toured the Isata 3 24RW just to scratch off the rear slide bed as a floor plan that didn't worrk for us and the recliners were not quite as nice even though they were Thomas Payne as well.

The recliners in the Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW were nice but there were not nearly as nice or as comfortable as the Isata 3 FWSFX; especially from my wife's perspective. The Isata 3 FWSFX recliners really made my wife happy and just about sold her on it and I loved them too.

4. The bathroom layout and size are very adequate and well apportioned having the bathroom opposite of the bed.

The Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW has the absolute best bathroom layout in this class. It is truly amazing. The walk-in shower has a ton of space and there is plenty of room around the toilet and vanity. The bathroom in the Wayfarer 25RW is really unbelievable.

The shower in the Isata 3, while smaller than the Tiffin, is bigger than it looks. The outward curved shower curtain track helps reduce banging elbows and makes turning easier for a shower this size. The shower pan could use better support for a bigger guy like me.... but I find most coaches have the same issue and I improved the shower pan support in my Super C with adjustable RV step supports.

The toilet is positioned better than you think from pictures and videos and has adequate space. The medicine cabinet, mirror and counter space are also good.

Recommendation: I would recommend that you shorten the vanity dog-leg a little to give right-handed people a little more elbow room at the toilet.

Isata 3 24FW vs Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW: Unfortunately the Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW wins this category.

5. The windows with built-in screens and black-out shades are awesome!!!

The windows are great! Having the screen and shade hidden are a very nice feature and make it looks clean. I really like not having the valances you typically find. The screen completely seals the windows to keep bugs out as well.

My wife fell in love with being able to open the windows outward for increased airflow. She also loved how well the black-out shades kept the light out of the coach. She drives me nuts having to have complete darkness to sleep.... and needing fresh air..... so these windows could save our marriage! LOL

6. There is more outside storage than you would think for this size coach.

The 24FWSFX outside storage is great. Losing the propane tank and generator are a huge plus for cutting weight and freeing up storage space. This is a big benefit beyond just wanting a LiFePO4 powered coach.

7. Kitchen Layout, Refrigerator Cabinets and Wardrobe are well designed and positioned with some very nice depth and storage space.

The dual burner induction stove top is big over the single burner in the Tiffin and being able to remove it to take it outside is a slick feature. It is hard to put enough kitchen storage in a coach this size but the deeper cabinets help. The deeper wardrobe is also a plus. Being able to open the refrigerator fully with the slide open or closed is huge.

When the Murphy Bed is down in the Wayfarer 25RW you can't open the fridge door wide enough. You also can't open the wardrobe doors much and it is a tight fit to walk to the bathroom. This defeats the whole purpose of having a separate living space and sleeping space. You have to stow the Murphy Bed to fully access the fridge and wardrobe unfortunately.

8. The overhead cab-over bunk offers a nice storage area and is positioned high enough to make moving between the cockpit and the house portion of the coach very easy….. even with the mattress down!!

I have a heck of time trying to get from the drivers seat to the house in my Super C. So much so 99% of the time I get out the cab (even in pouring rain) and walk around to the man door. This layout is tremendous and a huge bonus for a coach this size!

While we would almost never sleep in the cab-over bunk, we would use it for storage. At first I didn't want the added weight and it hanging over the windshield like my Super C and the challenges it brings. But I think the design is very acceptable and great to have for additional storage. The safety bar is also huge because even though we would not sleep up there, it prevents items stored in the cab-over area from falling out when under way.

9. Little things can make a big difference!

I turn 60 years old in a week. Not having to bend over all the time to connect / disconnect water and electric is very nice. Yes.... I have to bend down to hook up the sewer and drain the tanks but having the outdoor shower, city water connection, power connection and cable connection at chest-level is terrific! When setting up and breaking camp a lot it gets old being bent over or on our knees constantly. Having all of the connections up high makes a big difference!

Recommendation: Consider adding a macerator pump and retractable garden-type sewer hose for emptying the grey and black tanks like the Airstream Atlas and Leisure Vans Unity models offer instead of needing the big slinky and a gravity drain. This is a very nice feature that goes overlooked and should be included in a higher-end coach like this one. You don't have to hook up, unhook and store the the slinky with the retractable hose so it just makes the sewer experience so much easier and cleaner. It also allows for emptying the tanks fully when there is an uphill incline from the sewer hose to the dump station connection. I would be willing to pay a few bucks more for it.

Concerns:

1. The A/C would not blow cold air.

It was 80 degrees and there was something wrong with the A/C. It would only blow warm air. I have a FireFly system in my Super C so I know how to use it. It was 80 degrees outside and never cooled down on shore power or batteries.

We also noticed very little airflow through the ducts. We had the dump vents closed and the fan was on high but there was hardly any airflow out of the ducts. Some ducts had none and some had a little. When we opened the dump vents plenty of air was coming out of the unit. The funny thing wss the ducts closest had almost no airflow. The furtherest rear duct had more than a duct closer to the A/C unit when the dump vents were closed.

I was surprised when the sales rep said they don't even inspect the coaches for proper performance when they arrive onsite. They don't make sure everything works properly until the coach is under a sales agreement.

Recommendation: You only have a one chance to make a first impression. If I was an OEM I would mandate that the dealers have to inspect them and do basic testing before prospective customers can see them.

I suspect it was winter when the coach was built and the factory could not adequately test the A/C because of outside temps before shipping it to the dealer.... or there was failure in transit. I get that stuff happens. I have had a few coaches and I know the Coleman-Mach A/C is pretty reliable. But if I had never owned a coach and know that stuff happens with them, it might be enough to scratch Dynamax off my shopping list because they let it go out the door that way.

2. I was concerned with the amount of noise coming from the full wall slide. How loud should the slide be when retracting and extending?

I am not sure how loud / noisy the slide should be. When we moved it in to check on the roominess of the coach with the slide retracted, it was much louder than our 22' full wall slide that holds recliners, the kitchen, a residential fridge and an entire bedroom wardrobe. Now I need to temper that a bit because I replaced the Schwintek Slide with the Vroom Slide.

However, when we went to extend the slide there was an extremely loud screeching and creaking noise low on the slide behind the driver's seat. Now the dealer did not have the coach level.... the jacks were not down at all and it was leaning to port. I thought that may be the problem.

So when the sales guy had to leave for a few minutes I retracted the slide again and leveled the coach. When I extended it again it was still very loud with a screeching and creaking noise down low. It might be a roller or something really out of alignment.

Again the dealer said they don't check the coaches over until they are under a sales agreement but this did concern my wife and I was a little disappointed the slide on a new coach would sound as bad as it did.

Now I am still bothered by the dealer (a very large dealer out of Tampa without naming names) not checking the coaches for basic operation before they put them on the lot for customers to see.

I'd also like to know how thorough the testing is at the factory. Again I know stuff happens and things can go sideways in transit but quality is important to me. I have had two Thor coaches and quality is non-exisitent with Thor. It took me 18 months of my own work to make my Super C solid and reliable.

I don't want to have to do this much work with my next coach and it is the whole reason I am looking at seriously looking at Dynamax is because of their construction and quality reputation.

I do have a question for you regarding service. Is Dynamax Factory Service available and relatively accessible to customers?

I learned a long time ago that the manufacturer can do a better job servicing the coaches they build than 90% of the dealers out there. I am in southwest Florida so I like the fact that Tiffin Service was about a day's drive in Alabama if I needed it.

It would take me a good two days to get to Dynamax.... but I am willing to do it if I have any major issues and I would rather have Dynamax provide repairs over a dealer. This is important so please let me know.

There is an outside chance we might order an Isata 3 FWSFX depending on the pricing we could get from a dealer. If we order a coach, we are going to be married to it so my coner is if the coach I order shows up with problems like the ones I encountered today, then I might want the factory service center to correct the issues over the dealer depending on what the issues may be.

3. The OCCC was a little less than I expected for deleting the generator and propane.

The OCCC for this coach was 868lbs. I was really hoping for a minimum of 900lbs and closer to 1000lbs; especially since someone else had posted their FWSFX w/ cab-over was 906lbs.... but they may have had the dinette vs recliners. I know the recliners add about 40lbs.

This is not a deal-breaker for me and carrying less water can be an option many times.

Conclusion:

Now with all that being said...... I am very impressed with the Isata 3 FWSFX. I think you did an amazing job with the design and floor plan. I like the quality of the paint and color schemes. The fit and finish look very good and express that this is a high quality coach. Your choice of recliners, mattress, fridge, windows, Truma Combi, etc. were excellent choices.

Being able to compare the Isata 3 FWSFX and the Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW side-by-side today was a great opportunity and allowed us to make comparisons in real-time vs bouncing between dealers and trying to remember what we saw.

On the 2-hour ride back home we talked about what we saw and the pros and cons of both coaches. We both agreed to eliminate the Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW and decided the Isata 3 FWSFX checked all the boxes for us.

Now we need to see if we can find the right FWSFX. We prefer the dark edition and would like to find the darker colored recliners vs the lighter recliners because they would be hide the dirt more. If we can't find one, then we would consider ordering one.

Then we need to find the right dealer and the best deal.

Overall..... well done @bclemens!!!!!
Old 03-04-2024, 11:47 AM   #15

It would be nice to have the option to pick up the rig at the factory, and stay onsite for a couple days to "air it out" with expert service on hand.

* exchange the freight costs to dealer for air and travel expenses by buyer.
* keep the commission to originating dealer for future priority service.
* charge a little extra for this option to cover factory training costs.
* remove any potential problems with delivery driver abuse ( unknown if this occurs, but is a possible source of problems with motorhomes that pass factory testing, but have a list of problems upon delivery)
* buyer takes control of "chassis break-in" speed recommendations over the first xxx miles. ( an unknown if this occurs with delivery drivers, but I am amazed that most motorhomes have problems upon delivery that they did not have during factory inspection )
Old 03-04-2024, 11:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpb11a View Post
It would be nice to have the option to pick up the rig at the factory, and stay onsite for a couple days to "air it out" with expert service on hand.

* exchange the freight costs to dealer for air and travel expenses by buyer.
* keep the commission to originating dealer for future priority service.
* charge a little extra for this option to cover factory training costs.
* remove any potential problems with delivery driver abuse ( unknown if this occurs, but is a possible source of problems with motorhomes that pass factory testing, but have a list of problems upon delivery)
* buyer takes control of "chassis break-in" speed recommendations over the first xxx miles. ( an unknown if this occurs with delivery drivers, but I am amazed that most motorhomes have problems upon delivery that they did not have during factory inspection )

ManÖ.. I would sign up for that option in heartbeat!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2024, 12:09 PM   #17
Retired

I've seen a few on dealer's lots with under 100 miles on them, so I assume they were trucked in (probably a hotshot trailer.) I would certainly pay a little extra for that instead of having it driven.
Tucson Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:45 PM   #18
Commercial Member

We have talked about it. I think Newmar was offering this at one time for $8k or $5k, can't remember. It would not be cheap, but if you are coming from way out, you would save the freight.

We would have to have a dedicated delivery person and then of course if there are any issues, someone able to jump on the issues immediately. There would not be any "not getting my check until I am 100% satisfied"...most dealers are going to need to collect payment before you even fly out.

I'm not sure if legally it would even be possible in all states.

Old 03-04-2024, 12:59 PM   #19

Quote:
We have talked about it. I think Newmar was offering this at one time for $8k or $5k, can't remember. It would not be cheap, but if you are coming from way out, you would save the fright.

We would have to have a dedicated delivery person and then of course if there are any issues, someone able to jump on the issues immediately. There would not be any "not getting my check until I am 100% satisfied"...most dealers are going to need to collect payment before you even fly out.

I'm not sure if legally it would even be possible in all states.

This actually raises a concern I have with ordering an 24FXSFX.

As I mentioned in my above post.... when I walked onto the dealer lot yesterday and found a unit I would consider buying..... but the A/C probably needs replaced and the slide is making noises I believe it should not, I can walk away and see if I can find another unit that does not need to have these and possibly other issues addressed.... assuming the dealer is competent enough to repair everything properly.

However, if I order a new unit I have put down a deposit (likely non-refundable). If it shows up with a bunch of issues, now there is no walking away... or I lose my deposit.

I then have to hope the dealer can fix everything properly or I have to drive it back to Dynamax.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:05 PM   #20
Commercial Member

1. The A/C might be as simple as changing the A/C in the settings. We have options for A/C's and they communicate differently. You can change which A/C is on the options page and if the wrong one is selected they may not work properly.

2. The slim rack slide does make noise. The bulk of it is the slide seals. If you have terrible orange peel, then it is quieter. The fact that we cut and buff...rubber on that surface tends to squeek....but they are all pretty noisy with an electric motor.

Tags
freedom, question