Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
As long as I can!

Question about Windows in Isata 5

Very interested in purchasing the 30FW. Have seen various comments about windows not fitting correctly for one reason or another. What brand and style (frameless/framed) and how do they open (slide/tilt)? What are the specific issues people are experiencing? How have the issues been resolved? Thanks in advance.
stilltraveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
As long as I can!

Looking at some pics the windows look like frameless. We have frameless in our current rig and have no issues. Really wondering what on earth could go wrong with them?
Old 03-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I only know of one issues, and the claim that they touch at the bottom. We replaced any ones that were complained about, but then they claimed more after review. I don't know of any actual issues other than that could possibly touch/rub. We use Clear Vision, which was purchased by LCI. Hehr is the other builder...also recently purchased by LCI.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #4

I am the resident expert on this topic! Sorry Brian...

So my issue started with my larger side by side windows on the dinette and sofa side. One window was lipped, the other was touching but also very loose. After lots and lots of debate Dynamax sent double pane insulated windows, they are very nice, no rubbing, lippage or rattling. Now while at the dealer THEY brought to my attention the other side by side windows had the same problem. The dealer attempted to adjust them but they still touch at the bottom. Running them in and out causes occasional rubbing and lippage. So the debate on what to do rages on...

My thoughts on the cause are either the frame is too weak or not properly supported in the opening thus causing the sagging and shifting or the opening may be out of square and it is pushing on the frame, again causing the issue. The dealer isn't to sure. They felt one of the openings were tight but the other seemed fine.

I have looked at 4 other Dynamax units with the same or similar windows. I found the issue on two of the four units and not all windows were effected. One was a Isata 5 30FW, the other was a DX3. Both units had windows rubbing and touching at the bottom. The other two units were a Isata 5 35 DB and. 2017 Isata 5 36 DS. The windows on those units were all perfect.

Maybe the issue is Lippert? It's possible they had a bad run... just guesses here. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. But my issues have not been resolved. According to Dynamax it is normal for windows to rub and sag. I had to drop my coach off at Ram yesterday so I took the opportunity to stop at a RV dealer in route to ask about new windows. I showed them mine, they agreed that something is wrong, we looked at units they had, Jayco, some fifth wheels, similar windows. No issues and looked good. He felt mine were a problem. He didn't agree with them sagging or rubbing, he felt that would be a problem.

Below are pictures of some of my issues. I would suggest you look closely at whatever your buying.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3964.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	476.7 KB
ID:	166745Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3380.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	166746
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
As long as I can!

Thank you both for your responses.

The frameless in my current rig are dual pane and I understand the 30FW only has single pane. Is this correct?
Old 03-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Correct. We did not do dual panels on the 5 series to conserve CCC. On the M2 we have all the weight we want. The 5 is limited to 19,500 GVWR.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #7

[QUOTE=vrunner;1769056]
So my issue started with my larger side by side windows on the dinette and sofa side. One window was lipped, the other was touching but also very loose.

What is meant by lipped?
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:13 PM   #8
As long as I can!

Just making sure I understand. M2 is the Freightliner chassis. CCC is cargo carrying capacity?????
Old 03-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilltraveling View Post
Just making sure I understand. M2 is the Freightliner chassis. CCC is cargo carrying capacity?????

Yes and yes. Thought I would answer an easy one.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:53 PM   #10

[QUOTE=chroniekon;1769101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post

So my issue started with my larger side by side windows on the dinette and sofa side. One window was lipped, the other was touching but also very loose.

What is meant by lipped?

So if you look at the pictures you will see one panel overlaps the other when shut I call it "lipped". You can't open one without opening the other first, you get wind noise, vibration, chatter and esthetically it doesn't look good. Plus if you crank that one that is pinched without knowing it will most likely shatter.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilltraveling View Post
Very interested in purchasing the 30FW. Have seen various comments about windows not fitting correctly for one reason or another. What brand and style (frameless/framed) and how do they open (slide/tilt)? What are the specific issues people are experiencing? How have the issues been resolved? Thanks in advance.

Frameless windows that tilt out except for windows on the sides of the slide outs. Those are frame windows where the bottom widow slides up in the frame.

The only issue I’m experiencing is the window in the the bunk area above the cab will flex in the middle if experiencing a strong cross wind. Only happens in a cross wind moving passenger to driver side ( wind north to south) and driving westerly. I think it creates a low pressure flexing the glass in the middle separating it from the seal. This creates a loud wind noise.

The Dealer service manager commented having seen this in another I5. They are trying to install a larger window seal.

Will see if this fixes the problem. I hope it does as when this occurs the noise in the cab area is so loud you can not listen to music or have a conversation.

Tags
window