Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #1

Question for Super C owners; Force/DX3/XL

Following another thread: “Steep Learning Curve”

I have a couple questions for Dynamax Super C owners; XL, Force, DX-3:

1) is there a service center close to were you live, less than an hours drive?

2) if there isn’t an authorized service center near you, how receptive are local dealers to working on your rig??

I know most if not all “local dealers” will refuse to work on a rig they didn’t sell, particularly for warranty work! And if they do agree to work on it, they will put you dead last in their cue!! I’ve had to wait up to 2 months for service at another dealer, my local selling dealer went out of business!!

3) how many people just perform their own warranty work?

4) how many people drive more than an hour from their residence for routine warranty work?

I ask these simple questions of Force/DX-3/Dynaquest XL owners because I don’t have an authorized dealer near me, closest one is 2-1/2 to 3 hours away.

If local dealers are not carrying this line, and won’t work on your rig, or work on it in a timely manor, what other options do you have??

Thanks for your input!!
brianh442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #2

We bought our XL used so out of warranty. We have a dealer about 1.5 to 2 hours away. We have only had minor issues that I fixed myself. The good thing is we have almost had no issues with our rig.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:45 PM   #3

closest dealer to me is about 3 hours in Spokane. FWIW I do not like the service center there.

I do most all of my own warranty work (other than body) myself in my own shop. Dynamax has reimbursed for parts or provided part without issue. So has the slide manufacturer. they have also reimbursed for labor that I have had to hire to get a part that is available from a parts place when I have been in a remote area.

I have no complaints with Dynamax products.

One must remember that when you put a house on a mobile platform it is not if you have issues it is when you have an issue, will the builder of the product assist you in getting and issue resolved. IMO Dynamax has done very well in this regard.

My 2 cents.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #4

I never intended to go to a Dynamax dealer. Not necessary. I bought 1200 miles distant. The closest dealer is about 200 miles in Las Vegas. Never been there. I did have some warranty work that would require warranty parts. Forest River advised to take it to ANY FR dealer. I did so the the work was completed perfectly with no problems.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #5

Although the closest dealer is 45 minutes, used them 2x and wasn't satisfied with their quality or attention to details. The little things are what tripped them up and are the last in the list.

For freightliner/Cummins work, the dealer is about 45 minutes and does good work. Used them in the past since they do Allison work too.

Plan on doing work myself or at the factory for another year. There are several shops locally that do good work with little wait times, generally a few weeks during peak times and less during non-RV times.

I have found using truck shops for chassis and rv shops for coach work is the best. Find an independent shop or mobile rv tech as they seem to do the best work. I use the same principle on cars, find a shop that lives on one type of work and they seem to do the best.
Vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #6

Great info, thank you very much,, so any FR dealer will perform warranty work?
I get it, coaches are homes on wheels which experience a 6.0 earthquake every time you drive them. Which is why it’s important to have a service center. On a previous coach I had slide issues, (required removal from unit), overhead bunk failure, required all new hardware.

Just a couple examples of the random things that can go wrong and having a dealer that can work on the more complex systems is always nice. Not all of us are MacGyvers, with a big shop and tools to work on these things. I think those of you that can do your own work are able to save a lot of time and headache!!

For the rest of us, that aren’t as fortunate we have to rely on a repair facility for most repairs.

Again, thanks for the input!!!
brianh442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #7
ETF

I bought my DX3 from a dealer that was 6 miles from the house. I thought that I was pretty clever and lucky until there was a big conflagration in the family that owned it, divorce, and the dealership was sold to a "chain" dealership that specializes in trailers and lower end 5th wheels. After 3 months of confusion and "reorganization", Corporate decided that they would still work on the "box" of Dynamax but wouldn't touch anything Freightliner. Luckily, I have a Freightliner dealer about an hour away so it isn't too bad but my nice, convenient little set-up got blown out of the water.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote