Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #1

Ram Chassis seat covers 2021 30FW

Has anyone successfully bought custom fabric seat covers for the Dyanamx cab seats to protect them?
If so, where did you buy them and how did you spec them since many places dont have 5500 models but do have 1500, 2500 and 3500 seat covers....are they the same??
Old 01-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #2

I bought and used these,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However I did have to modify where the armrest pivot is and never could find matching armrest covers. Purchased mostly because our dog likes to sleep on the drivers side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	EEBE59D5-4836-47C4-ACE8-6E78B2F01E17.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	246016

Name:	12E0144A-3749-4E19-825F-17512C00133A.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	246017
Ursusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:45 AM   #3

I bought sheep skin covers at Costco. They are nice but after a few years the gray color has faded. Haven't seen them in the store for awhile.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:49 PM   #4

Interesting... when I looked them up, Amazon said they would not fit my 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursusb View Post
I bought and used these,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However I did have to modify where the armrest pivot is and never could find matching armrest covers. Purchased mostly because our dog likes to sleep on the drivers side.
Attachment 246016
Attachment 246017
Old 01-17-2021, 11:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
Interesting... when I looked them up, Amazon said they would not fit my 3500
These were bought back in August, installed the next day, don’t remember the exact research I did but they do fit as shown in the second pic.

Just had to cut a slot in the edge of the cover to accommodate the pivot point for the arm rests, DW sewed a reinforcement at the top of the slit to make sure the cut did not propagate. I remember the headrest covers were a bit of a bear to fit but fit they did!
Ursusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Has anyone successfully bought custom fabric seat covers for the Dyanamx cab seats to protect them?
If so, where did you buy them and how did you spec them since many places dont have 5500 models but do have 1500, 2500 and 3500 seat covers....are they the same??
Check out "geno'sgarage.com", they are a parts house for the Ram trucks mainly for the Cummins engine trucks. But a lot of parts in the cab area are common between the gasser and diesel trucks. You may need to call them at 770-886-2500, they can answer your questions on seat covers for the 5500 C&C models.
They are offering a real nice set of Carhartt custom seat covers for the front and rear seats for the various model years and cab styles.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:51 PM   #7

Seat Covers Unlimited, Mesa, AZ makes excellent custom seat covers to order. We have had them on 6 separate vehicles. The covers fit well, easy to install (instructions include + youtube video), look great and wear like iron. One set was on for 8 years until the truck was totaled. They still looked new. All have been the Scottsdale series. They have foam sewn in for added comfort. When we bought our Sunseeker, we spoke with them and were they were able to custom make the covers.

There are options such as the fitted arm rests, map pockets, and seat belt pads-all well worth the price. It takes about 1.5 hrs for a novice to install. You may think that they are too tight, but they are a glove fit and will maintain their shape. Some of the newer vehicles have air bags fitted into the backrest of the seats. This company uses special stitching to allow the bags to inflate on a side impact.

The link below has a fitment chart. Yours is listed under Dodge and it shows that the 2500 also fits the 5500. They have an 800 number and are very helpful. They may be more expensive than some, but they can not be equaled for quality and durability.

The picture show the original seats, then the covers. They really add to the class.

https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/...xoCl-0QAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P8082940.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	246203   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8082950.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	246204   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8082964.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	246205   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8082956.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	246206   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8082928.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	246207  

PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
Seat Covers Unlimited, Mesa, AZ makes excellent custom seat covers to order. We have had them on 6 separate vehicles. The covers fit well, easy to install (instructions include + youtube video), look great and wear like iron. One set was on for 8 years until the truck was totaled. They still looked new. All have been the Scottsdale series. They have foam sewn in for added comfort. When we bought our Sunseeker, we spoke with them and were they were able to custom make the covers.

There are options such as the fitted arm rests, map pockets, and seat belt pads-all well worth the price. It takes about 1.5 hrs for a novice to install. You may think that they are too tight, but they are a glove fit and will maintain their shape. Some of the newer vehicles have air bags fitted into the backrest of the seats. This company uses special stitching to allow the bags to inflate on a side impact.

The link below has a fitment chart. Yours is listed under Dodge and it shows that the 2500 also fits the 5500. They have an 800 number and are very helpful. They may be more expensive than some, but they can not be equaled for quality and durability.

The picture show the original seats, then the covers. They really add to the class.

https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/...xoCl-0QAvD_BwE
Interesting. I have 2 sets of seat covers from another company that I can no longer find, but I did call the one you mentioned and havent gotten a call back after a week. I am a little bit concerned about the foam backing.
Is it open and exposed to ripping or bunching up during install??
Is is hot and sweaty in the summer??
Old 01-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Interesting. I have 2 sets of seat covers from another company that I can no longer find, but I did call the one you mentioned and havent gotten a call back after a week. I am a little bit concerned about the foam backing.
Is it open and exposed to ripping or bunching up during install??
Is is hot and sweaty in the summer??
I would say that eight years service on a set of seat covers is pretty durable-no tears, no problems with seam separation, no wear on the material. We get in/out of vehicles often. The set we have on our Liberty have been on for 4 years. We have a set on our new Silverado. We have never replaced these covers because of wear. We either sold the vehicle, had one totaled or they are currently in use. Our son was so impressed with the durability and comfort that he ordered a set for his new truck.

Of the 6 sets I have installed, I have not had a problem with ripping or bunching while installing or in service. We normally keep the Liberty in Florida have haven'experienced sweating. We drove it up to Wisconsin because of Covid. That was 775 miles/day. When we had the Sunseeker, we sat on those seats for 3 days at a time. The totaled Silverado spent the first five years in Florida and not garaged. You are the first to ask about sweat and heat. I might also note that all of our vehicles, other than the MH, have been dark charcoal.

This almost sounds like we have ownership in the company. We don't. They have never given us a reason to complain. As for contacting the, never had a problem there either.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #10
RCAF (Retd)

Little late to the conversation but here is another option for ordering: https://www.shearcomfort.com/Seat-Co...p-2500-5500-HD
CIHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
I would say that eight years service on a set of seat covers is pretty durable-no tears, no problems with seam separation, no wear on the material. We get in/out of vehicles often. The set we have on our Liberty have been on for 4 years. We have a set on our new Silverado. We have never replaced these covers because of wear. We either sold the vehicle, had one totaled or they are currently in use. Our son was so impressed with the durability and comfort that he ordered a set for his new truck.

Of the 6 sets I have installed, I have not had a problem with ripping or bunching while installing or in service. We normally keep the Liberty in Florida have haven'experienced sweating. We drove it up to Wisconsin because of Covid. That was 775 miles/day. When we had the Sunseeker, we sat on those seats for 3 days at a time. The totaled Silverado spent the first five years in Florida and not garaged. You are the first to ask about sweat and heat. I might also note that all of our vehicles, other than the MH, have been dark charcoal.

This almost sounds like we have ownership in the company. We don't. They have never given us a reason to complain. As for contacting the, never had a problem there either.
Finally called them again and spoke to someone. Ended up emailing them pictures of the seats in my 2021 30FW and they said that they are NOT standard Dodge seats and they could not/would not make seat covers for them.

Apparently Dynamax puts a skin on the original seats, (to match the interior decor) and as a result they are no longer the same dimensions as a standard 2500-5500 seats.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:00 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Finally called them again and spoke to someone. Ended up emailing them pictures of the seats in my 2021 30FW and they said that they are NOT standard Dodge seats and they could not/would not make seat covers for them.

Apparently Dynamax puts a skin on the original seats, (to match the interior decor) and as a result they are no longer the same dimensions as a standard 2500-5500 seats.
Yes/no. While we do put a new skin on (AND add an arm rest, the bigger potential issue). It's not that far off of the original. I would imagine with a very small amount effort a stretchy enough one would work.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes/no. While we do put a new skin on (AND add an arm rest, the bigger potential issue). It's not that far off of the original. I would imagine with a very small amount effort a stretchy enough one would work.
Hmmmm... is there an easy way to remove the armrest, and reinstall it after making a cutout for it??
Old 03-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Hmmmm... is there an easy way to remove the armrest, and reinstall it after making a cutout for it??
If it's like any other automotive armrest then yes it should be able to be removed and reinstalled for such scenarios. Sorry I can't offer any how to, I have a 2017 unit so no armrests on mine.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Not without stripping the cover off (I don't think). We have to have a compnay weld and armrest onto the frame. It may mount like many with a "clip", but the only way to access that is at the frame.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, ram