Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
They don't have the equipment to fit a vehicle this size.
Now I am tempted to take a ride down there to ask again.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #42

This has happened to me multiple times here in AZ. Talk is cheap until you bring it in....then they realize how much of a hassle it is. How tall it is. How much it sticks out of the service bay blocking access.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Now I am tempted to take a ride down there to ask again.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #43

We found a Ram dealer in Houston Texas that could do a tuneup on our Isata5 30FW. They have 15' doors and a 30,000lb lift. We had the Cummins serviced. They did a wonderful job.

AutoNation Dodge Jeep Ram
21777 Katy Fwy
Katy, Texas 77450
Main-281-599-3500
www.AutoNation.com
DaveBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:16 PM   #44

Found an other shop close by the factory here in Indiana. However long wait time to get onto there big hoist. I called them on Tuesday May 11th and they can't get me in until June 15th. The dealers name is Sorg Dodge Ram Jeep in Goshen IN 574-533-8605. This will be my third warranty issue on the 2019 Ram 5500 chassis. The other two times I was on the road. They all say yes until you show up, then they act like they just saw a UFO! Luckily they were able to do the work outside, one just had to reprogram the computer so they did that in the parking lot. The shop drove it into the shop but I had to wait until they made room for me which took three hrs past my schedule time. However this time I need a hoist to replace a leaking rear shock absorber. In the old days a guy would slide under it and change it! PS I've been trying to get this fixed scene fall. Found the shock leaking as I did my inspection before heading to Arizona for the winter. The part was not available and still not until June first! typical I would do the work myself but it's under warranty. If on the road I usually look for truck tire service centers not RV shops or dealers. cheaper and faster service. Mark
GPCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #45
Commercial Member

Well Sorg is who we buy out chassis from...so I certainly hope they can service them.

But, I would not make them your first choice as we keep them pretty busy.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #46

Yes I was a ware of that. In fact that's why I schedule my job there. Not so much for the service but I was hoping parts dept would work with me and they did. Typically for a dealer to warranty a part a service teck must verify the part is defective. Then if parts don't have it they can order it. Dealers do not stock this part as it has been on a nation wide back order for a year! I found out that all back orders (68 shocks) will be filled this coming June. I wanted the parts dept to get my order in without service looking at it first. Who knows when the next batch would be available, plus I didn't want to make two appointment to get the job done! The parts manager knew exactly what I was referring to and he went a head and ordered one. Hopefully the shock will be in by my June 15th appointment. Thanks Mark
Attached Images

GPCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:21 AM   #47

I can report that Cronin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Lebanon Ohio, a northern suburb of cincinnati, has a new service building with five bays and lifts large enough for the Isata 5 models.
wposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:59 PM   #48

In San Diego Ca

Kearny Mesa Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Service: Call service Phone Number858-300-8150
|Parts: Call parts Phone Number858 278 1501
8010 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92111
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #49

I forgot to add this one. It was one of my first appointments, to have the tire pressure sensors checked. They could not change the oil for me given their lift was not available. They were found by my RV dealer and should be listed as a potential source for service (I cannot confirm everything they would work on). I do not use them currently given I have a closer one that is already on the map.

Potential service: Emerling Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram - 135 S Cascade Dr, Springville, NY 14141
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:35 AM   #50

Thayer Chrysler/Dodge
1303 N Main St
Bowling Green OH 43402

(419) 635-7698
Old 07-02-2021, 04:10 PM   #51
Norwood Auto Italia

DFW, TX Service

Grapevine, TX near DFW airport, actually on the threshold of one of the runways.

https://www.grapevinedodge.com/directions/
https://www.grapevinedodge.com/

Reception area is pretty tight so enter off William D. Tate Avenue rather than their Service entrance. Book for as early as possible so they can put the coach on the rack before anyone else arrives.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
Arizona

Bill Luke Dodge
2425 W Camelback Rd,
Phoenix, AZ 85015

My 30FW is in the shop this week for the first time. Will Update as appropriate
I suggest we take Bill Lukes off the list. Although they did my 30FW in initially, they then told me that they have limited capability. Its too big for their lift and takes up too much room in the shop...so they can only work on easy stuff outside...and since this is AZ...nobody wants to work outside if they dont have to.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
Ed Shultz of Warren
4025 Market Street
Warren, PA 16365
(814) 726-3150

They were surprised by my rig but said no problem to service. Don't pull in front service although it will fit.

Also, while on the road, used a dealer in SD to reset my ESC error code and apply recall. They worked on outside their service area so I suspect they may not service them inside or do full service. Could note this.

Iverson Chrysler
600 S Burr
Mitchell, SD 57301
(800) 753-5508
Update “Ed Shultz of Warren” could not inspect my Isata 5 due to their lift not being large enough. They should be downgraded to only ground service like oil change (which they did for me last year) and recall flashes.
I drove home disheartened given I thought they could service my rig. They previously said “no problem” after seeing it the first time. Stinks to drive that many miles to find that they can’t.
Did find local guys to inspect it tomorrow behind the local TA at a truck service place.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #54

Woodhouse Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
2171 South Hwy. 30
Blair Nebraska
(402) 426 4127.

The service manager there assured me they had the equipment necessary to do the repairs and service on our chassis. Added via Facebook post.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #55

[QUOTE=GPCruiser;2556831]Yes I was a ware of that. In fact that's why I schedule my job there. Not so much for the service but I was hoping parts dept would work with me and they did. Typically for a dealer to warranty a part a service teck must verify the part is defective. Then if parts don't have it they can order it. Dealers do not stock this part as it has been on a nation wide back order for a year! I found out that all back orders (68 shocks) will be filled this coming June. I wanted the parts dept to get my order in without service looking at it first. Who knows when the next batch would be available, plus I didn't want to make two appointment to get the job done! The parts manager knew exactly what I was referring to and he went a head and ordered one. Hopefully the shock will be in by my June 15th appointment. Thanks Mark[/QUOTe

My front shock leaked after less than 4000 miles..... I ordered from a dealer in another state who had it in stock.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #56
Norwood Auto Italia

DFW/Grapevine TX update

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
Grapevine, TX near DFW airport, actually on the threshold of one of the runways.

https://www.grapevinedodge.com/directions/
https://www.grapevinedodge.com/

Reception area is pretty tight so enter off William D. Tate Avenue rather than their Service entrance. Book for as early as possible so they can put the coach on the rack before anyone else arrives.
Turns out there rack is not large enough for even a 28SS; and their roof height is too low to allow the use of their alignment system.

So they cannot do anything that involves lifting the rear. The front is done with floor jacks which they think is pretty "sketchy".
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #57

So fortunate to have a RAM dealer within 30 min that services our RV. They always send me a video of what they are doing during the service.

If you are ever down near Austin/San Antonio, stop by for service, no appt needed.

Bluebonnet Dodge/Ram in New Braunfels, TX. They have six large truck bays that are separate from the auto/small truck service area. Only one of the bays has a lift with a rating to lift the RV. Ask for Luis service adviser and Gilberto for the tech who knows the Dynamax.

https://app.truvideo.com/v/RoAX23zM?...h7428G9jYjcVnm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94BB5FD5-E168-4260-A482-71A4B8726DFF.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	260390   Click image for larger version

Name:	087CFB63-D9A6-428C-95BC-7743F8FBAF14.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	260391  
Old 08-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #58

Quote:
I just had my shock replaced after less than 4000 miles. I had contacted about 8 other dealers who wouldn't take me in.
This dealer is in the greater Phoenix, AZ are, in the southeast corner of the metro area.

Earnhardt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
1521 E Drivers Way
Gilbert, AZ 85297

Has a 30,000 pound lift as well as 13 ft doors. They did the work as promised and were very professional in communications.

Having said that, they were not able to replace the faulty TPMS units because they didn't have the correct equipment for handling the commercial tires. Although they are 70 miles away from my home, I plan on returning to them in the future unless something changes.
Update... as it turns out, the wheelbase for my 30FW was too long for their 30,000 lift so I called Dodge in Detroit. After they spoke to the Area Manager, I was told that for now, Earnhardt is the designated dealer in the Phoenix Metro area. Even though they cant work with my entire vehicle on their lift, they can lift one end at a time or use jacks....in other words, the service Manager wants to do the work, so send him business.
Ask for Nick Walag, my Service advisor or Luke Morris, the Service Director.

I did go back to them as a result of getting Detroit involved, (no other dealer was interested). They were able to do all the recall work and swapped out all 6 TPMS units. Unfortunately even 2 of those are having problems.... Also they dont have the ability to balance the tires or do a wheel alignment. So I had that done at a Phoenix truck/RV tire shop
Old 08-07-2021, 08:02 AM   #59

Quote:
Update... They were able to do all the recall work and swapped out all 6 TPMS units. Unfortunately even 2 of those are having problems.... Also they dont have the ability to balance the tires or do a wheel alignment. So I had that done at a Phoenix truck/RV tire shop
So they had the TPMS units. Those are hard to find. On your receipt, is there a part number? I keep being to they can’t get them, all back ordered. Did that solve the error message on your dash.
Lvnthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
So they had the TPMS units. Those are hard to find. On your receipt, is there a part number? I keep being to they can’t get them, all back ordered. Did that solve the error message on your dash.
Yes they had the TPMS. Infact they gave me the pack of 4, for the rear on my first visit when they didnt initially install them. I brought them with me and they went and ordered the front 2 and installed all 6.
I shared photos with part numbers of one of the sensors in a separate thread.

I have only driven it less that 100 miles since getting it back so we shall see if things are OK. As mentioned already 1 of the sensors didnt connect from the dealer so I had the Tire shop install an after market unit(that write up is in its own thread)

Tags
dealer, service, ram