Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #21

Village Motors
784 Wooster Road
Millersburg, Oh., 44654
330-541-5619
Old 04-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
Akins CDJR
220 W May St.
Winder, GA. 30680

Service: 770-450-4621
Parts: 770-462-4097
We setup a service with Akins 2 weeks ago for 4/28 and they told us at that they can do the oil change on the RV and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Today I checked in again and was told they can't do that service on an RV. Is there a person you talked to which might get that appointment back on the schedule.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
We setup a service with Akins 2 weeks ago for 4/28 and they told us at that they can do the oil change on the RV and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Today I checked in again and was told they can't do that service on an RV. Is there a person you talked to which might get that appointment back on the schedule.
No matter what state or which dealer....I will no longer "just" talk to a service writer or scheduler....after having been burned in 2 AZ dealerships....from now on I will politely ask to speak with the Service or Shop manager directly because at the end of the day, the back room needs to figure out how to accommodate you
Old 04-21-2021, 01:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
No matter what state or which dealer....I will no longer "just" talk to a service writer or scheduler....after having been burned in 2 AZ dealerships....from now on I will politely ask to speak with the Service or Shop manager directly because at the end of the day, the back room needs to figure out how to accommodate you
I know what you mean although I described the vehicle to the service manager at the one I use for service, he said no problem. When I pulled into the dealership they looked at me like I was driving a UFO (or UDO . He said he thought I meant RV built on sprinter like they always see. I was clear on the phone that this was a 5500 Chassis and gave him dimensions and weight. They had discussions with the service guys and after a few minutes told me they can service it. Supposedly they even have a lift for it and said can work on full service if needed. They changed the oil and filters with no problem.
I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get looks like we have a third eye at first site of this thing.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
I know what you mean although I described the vehicle to the service manager at the one I use for service, he said no problem. When I pulled into the dealership they looked at me like I was driving a UFO (or UDO . He said he thought I meant RV built on sprinter like they always see. I was clear on the phone that this was a 5500 Chassis and gave him dimensions and weight. They had discussions with the service guys and after a few minutes told me they can service it. Supposedly they even have a lift for it and said can work on full service if needed. They changed the oil and filters with no problem.
I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get looks like we have a third eye at first site of this thing.
I did talk to the service manager at Akins and they do have a bay large enough to work on the Isata 5. However that bay is prioritized to work on emergency vehicles and I was told that it could take up to 1 week for our RV to get an oil change. No thank you.
Its amazing the shear incompetency of the customer service folks dealing with customers. When we set up that appointment I was told that Akins works on RVs all the time and you don't even need an appointment, and coffee and donuts are served in the nice waiting rooms. We will pitch a tent for the 1 week wait.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #26

Quote:
I did talk to the service manager at Akins and they do have a bay large enough to work on the Isata 5. However that bay is prioritized to work on emergency vehicles and I was told that it could take up to 1 week for our RV to get an oil change. No thank you.
Its amazing the shear incompetency of the customer service folks dealing with customers. When we set up that appointment I was told that Akins works on RVs all the time and you don't even need an appointment, and coffee and donuts are served in the nice waiting rooms. We will pitch a tent for the 1 week wait.
Akins has been my primary dealership for many years as I have purchased numerous Chrysler, Ram, Jeep and Ford vehicles from them. While I obviously did not purchase the cab/chassis for my Isata 5, they have handled several major issues, warranty and otherwise. I did however have to get the work scheduled far in advance as their staff is limited and they utilize their “heavy duty” lift for service and repair of both Ford and Ram products that they sell. BTW, there are several motorhome/RV shops in this same area that are capable of changing your oil without a one week appointment. If you want to PM me I will be glad to share those with you. Sorry for your frustration!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:37 PM   #27
Norwood Auto Italia

Have a little, but only a little, sympathy for these dealers. They have no budget for customer service training and finding staff willing or even interested in doing such an unfulfilling job that have any interest in service and I/C engine vehicles is almost impossible. In most places its a messenger function for school leavers and nearly dead types.

I ran into the same double speak with my F550 RV, solved only by visiting the service center and demanding, and it took a demand, to see the service manager. Got my answer of two-way in 30 seconds for similar reasons.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #28

WEEKS Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, FIAT
(618) 932-9450
https://goo.gl/maps/XGYjYydGFN1jkV5VA
Old 04-23-2021, 06:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
Akins has been my primary dealership for many years as I have purchased numerous Chrysler, Ram, Jeep and Ford vehicles from them. While I obviously did not purchase the cab/chassis for my Isata 5, they have handled several major issues, warranty and otherwise. I did however have to get the work scheduled far in advance as their staff is limited and they utilize their “heavy duty” lift for service and repair of both Ford and Ram products that they sell. BTW, there are several motorhome/RV shops in this same area that are capable of changing your oil without a one week appointment. If you want to PM me I will be glad to share those with you. Sorry for your frustration!
Thank you for pointing out RV service centers. We were able to get a service appointment at Hendricks in Charlotte NC. And yes we talked to the service manager and we send pictures of our RV to the service adviser. I think we will be ok. The Google map with all the service centers is off great help.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:11 PM   #30

Maybe we can get the cherished “sticky status” to continue adding to this database.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
Have a little, but only a little, sympathy for these dealers. They have no budget for customer service training and finding staff willing or even interested in doing such an unfulfilling job that have any interest in service and I/C engine vehicles is almost impossible. In most places its a messenger function for school leavers and nearly dead types.

I ran into the same double speak with my F550 RV, solved only by visiting the service center and demanding, and it took a demand, to see the service manager. Got my answer of two-way in 30 seconds for similar reasons.

This may not apply to all dealerships. My Ford dealer has in addition to a service manager a Fleet Manager. You may have better results speaking with a fleet manager.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Maybe we can get the cherished “sticky status” to continue adding to this database.
I vote for that as it really helped us on the road to find a service center.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:36 AM   #33
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
I vote for that as it really helped us on the road to find a service center.
Me too
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Boat View Post
Also Hendrick CDJR in Concord
7630 Hendrick Auto Plaza NW, Concord, NC 28027
www.hendrickchryslerdodgejeepramofconcord.com
+1 704-467-8270

I have started a public Google Map with these locations at:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...kV&usp=sharing

Will update as more are reported.
We can highly recommend Hendricks in Concord near Charlotte NC to get your Isata 5 serviced. We added a day to our preplanned route to go to Charlotte to have a service appointment at 8am on Monday morning. Wow, we had the best professional service appointment ever. In addition to getting our oil service for the RV, we were also able to get our tow vehicle (Jeep Grand Cherokee) in for an oil change and a recall fix. We did not have the Jeep scheduled beforehand as we wanted to have a car to drive around while we waited for the RV. The service advisor Mike pulled a few strings and got our Jeep in, especially since they had the recall parts on hand which we thought not to be available yet.
Thank you all on the forum for adding all of the service centers and kudos for making this a sticky note.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #35

I am not an Isata owner yet. I called Feeny Ram who have multiple dealerships in Michigan and they told me they can service an Isata 5.
Going backwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going backwards View Post
I am not an Isata owner yet. I called Feeny Ram who have multiple dealerships in Michigan and they told me they can service an Isata 5.
My experience in Arizona has been that talking to an uninformed Service tech doesnt mean anything. Twice, I have brought my I5 30FW into a dealer after a detailed phone conversation and reassurances.....then be told its too big to work on, to put on a lift, to bring in the shop.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Carman Dodge Jeep

196 S. Dupont HWY
New Castle DE 19720

http://www.carmanchryslerjeepdodge.com
This DE dealer's service center canNOT take an Isata 5.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #38

I just had my shock replaced after less than 4000 miles. I had contacted about 8 other dealers who wouldn't take me in.
This dealer is in the greater Phoenix, AZ are, in the southeast corner of the metro area.

Earnhardt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
1521 E Drivers Way
Gilbert, AZ 85297

Has a 30,000 pound lift as well as 13 ft doors. They did the work as promised and were very professional in communications.

Having said that, they were not able to replace the faulty TPMS units because they didn't have the correct equipment for handling the commercial tires. Although they are 70 miles away from my home, I plan on returning to them in the future unless something changes.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
This DE dealer's service center canNOT take an Isata 5.
Interesting, I was told by several different service people on two occasions that they could handle an Isata 5. Two actually laughed and said they could handle trucks much bigger.

I gave them height, length and weight.

I was considering buying a 5 in that time period so I wanted to be sure they could service it.

Did they give you a reason?
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Did they give you a reason?
They don't have the equipment to fit a vehicle this size.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, service, ram