Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #1

Rear electric stabilizer problems 2019 Isata 3 RW

Before taking delivery in Dec '18 the jacks wouldn't extend or retract, so a tech removed a panel and supposedly reset a breaker and the stabilizers worked. Now they're dead again, no response or indication of power from the switches. Not a surprise, as whatever tripped the breaker wasn't diagnosed, my bad for not being more intrusive during the inspection. I never tried using them until recently so I don't know how soon after they went out, I suspect fairly soon. Now looking to troubleshoot it myself I find there's no information about the rear stabilizer or the Kib panel on the Dynamax USB thumbdrive, nor can I find any online. Crawling under the RV I see a MORryde label with a work order #, and I have the serial # stamped into the jack itself. Is there any documentation available that might help me know what specific model of the stabilizer jacks and control panel I have? I've reached out to MORryde but wanted to post here as well. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Isata 3 24RW Rear Stabilizers.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	201788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	201791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	201794  
acoxFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #2

Actually I think the tech opened the Battery Control Center panel, not the Kib control panel.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #3

MORryde responded to my inquiry and I think they properly diagnosed it: "Based on what you’re describing, it might be that the KIB switches are sticking potentially when retracting the stabilizer so the motor is still trying to retract the arms when they are all the way up. Then, the amperage spikes and trips the breaker. If that is the issue, the fix is to replace it with a switch that doesn’t stick."

The KiB switches are indeed sticky and don't look or feel right, so maybe armed with this knowledge after I reset the breaker I can avoid the issue, or I can have the KiB panel replaced under warranty. They also sent me a copy of the manual, I'll attach it in case anyone else is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stabilizer_owners_manual_v3b.pdf (814.6 KB, 236 views)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Yes, if you reach out to your service contact, we can likely send a new version switch out under warranty. Normally that would go to a dealer, if you think you are capable of the replacement, then they can send direct.

For some reason we had the Big Foot stabilizers on the drive. Thanks for the post, we'll get that corrected on our end.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, if you reach out to your service contact, we can likely send a new version switch out under warranty. Normally that would go to a dealer, if you think you are capable of the replacement, then they can send direct.

For some reason we had the Big Foot stabilizers on the drive. Thanks for the post, we'll get that corrected on our end.
My switches stick as well.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #6

Stabilizers not working

I have a 2018 Foerster 2401W that sticks too.On our rig,we found a resettable breaker,remove the battery control center panel on left as you go in..if you see one with the center button out,push it back in to reset...be careful,there is voltage in there...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3C8D4B9D-133D-44BA-820C-56CC33A6E02C.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	201921   Click image for larger version

Name:	BB71DAA1-EB3A-4F87-8C24-20347199CBF0.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	201922  
calif.jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif.jeff View Post
I have a 2018 Foerster 2401W that sticks too.On our rig,we found a resettable breaker,remove the battery control center panel on left as you go in..if you see one with the center button out,push it back in to reset...be careful,there is voltage in there...

I look forward to trying that, thanks!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #8

Well I’m halfway there, there was 1 resettable CB in F8 and it was tripped, resetting it brought the drivers side switch and jack to life, but the passenger side switch does nothing. I tried moving the CB from F8 down to the empty F6 below it, that disables the drivers side jack as expected but didn’t enable the passengers side. Moved it back to F8 so I have 1 jack working now! The drivers side switch is the one that sticks and it’s easy to release when the jack retracts, so that wouldn’t be a problem going forward. I thought maybe a 2nd CB is missing for the passenger side jack but I doubt that, otherwise they’d have never worked. So maybe that switch isn’t wired at the switch panel? I’m reluctant to pull the switch panel cover so maybe at this point I will let the dealer fix it. So close though! Fun stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	202005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1216.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	202006  
Old 02-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #9

Rear electric stabilizer problems 2019 Isata 3 RW

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoxFL View Post
Well I’m halfway there, there was 1 resettable CB in F8 and it was tripped, resetting it brought the drivers side switch and jack to life, but the passenger side switch does nothing. I tried moving the CB from F8 down to the empty F6 below it, that disables the drivers side jack as expected but didn’t enable the passengers side. Moved it back to F8 so I have 1 jack working now! The drivers side switch is the one that sticks and it’s easy to release when the jack retracts, so that wouldn’t be a problem going forward. I thought maybe a 2nd CB is missing for the passenger side jack but I doubt that, otherwise they’d have never worked. So maybe that switch isn’t wired at the switch panel? I’m reluctant to pull the switch panel cover so maybe at this point I will let the dealer fix it. So close though! [emoji4] Fun stuff.

The passenger side stabilizer just had a loose connection on the back of the switch, one of the yellow connectors wasn’t fully seated. Both sides work fine now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1865.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	223574  
Old 02-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #10

Great thread illustrating self diagnostic and successful repair. Since you put the word “stabilizer” in the title, others should be able to find this and benefit from the discussion.

On my Isata 3, the momentary switch will not stay powered in up or down mode unless you keep pressure on the switch. As soon as you release, the power is cut. If yours are still staying on when you release pressure, you should get new switches while you still have warranty left.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, stabilizer