Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 10:03 PM   #1

Rear view mirror broke off taking chunk of windshield - Isata 3

Finally have had chance to get out in our Isata 3 past 2 weekends. Today while getting diesel and switching drivers, my husband adjusted the rear view mirror and it fell off the window. The bracket that holds it yo the windshield fell away, taking a chunk of the windshield with it. Hole doesn't go all the way thru, but I'm sure the structural integrity of the windshield is gone. Hopefully this is a warranty
issue???
Old 08-14-2017, 12:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenMom View Post
Finally have had chance to get out in our Isata 3 past 2 weekends. Today while getting diesel and switching drivers, my husband adjusted the rear view mirror and it fell off the window. The bracket that holds it yo the windshield fell away, taking a chunk of the windshield with it. Hole doesn't go all the way thru, but I'm sure the structural integrity of the windshield is gone. Hopefully this is a warranty
issue???
You might be able to glue it back on, auto glass people did that years ago. There used to be mirror glue sold in auto stores and Walmart. I did that a couple of times on my cars long aga.

I don't know if that is allowed in today's world or if you have any wires connected to your mirror.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

Our 2017 Isata 3 did not come with a mirror attached to the windshield. Was this a dealer add on?
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #4

When my youngest 2 where 4 one of them broke the mirror with the chunk of glass from a jeep grand cherokee I had. I got the rear view mirror glue from an auto parts store and stuck it right back up. It stayed for years without issue. As info
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRevenger View Post
Our 2017 Isata 3 did not come with a mirror attached to the windshield. Was this a dealer add on?

No, it came with a mirror. 2017. It's wired to show the backup camera in left corner. I liked it because I could see out part of the back window while driving and see who was back there. Sometimes cars pull up so close you can't see them with the side view mirrors
Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenMom View Post
No, it came with a mirror. 2017. It's wired to show the backup camera in left corner. I liked it because I could see out part of the back window while driving and see who was back there. Sometimes cars pull up so close you can't see them with the side view mirrors

I know this has you upset and for good reason but if the video still works and you are willing to glue it back on then you can save a trip to the dealer.

If you decide to go back to the dealer, try calling them first to see if they can be accommodating and fix it for you quickly, while you wait.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #7

If it took a chuck of your windshield out then that is a problem. The windshield would likely need replaced, which your insurance should cover that. If the mirror simply fell off then you can stop by any auto parts store and they should have glue for it.
darrenbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #8

I have had them glued back on when they have broken the windshield .