Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #1

recommended Isata 3 furnishings for family of 4

We had a full RV this weekend, driving our boys up to summer camp.

I wanted to share a few of the furnishings that we purchased that we have been happy with, most purchased on amazon or local hardware store/target.

3M sticky hooks for 4 towels, all held up perfectly (hardware store).

Bella, k-cup coffee maker - fits well into the cabinet above the sink (target).

aluminum shower caddy, hung on a towel hook I was able to bolt into the wall framing. Very handy for 4 people using the shower and gave the kids a spot to rest the shower head. We did have quite a bit of leaking by the bottom of the shower door during our first trip, but extra silicon kept things dry this time (amazon).

Kitchen soap caddy, we loved this thing and it has rubber feet that keep it in place all day long (amazon).

Innomax ForeverAire queen size mattress. We have used this a couple of times when we have the dogs and the boys or a bunch of gear (like this weekend). It is really comfortable, and allows more space in the RV when the slide is retracted. We used 3" memory foam to level the two sections of the bed (also serves as a soft spot for the dogs when we travel). I actually think this bed is larger and more comfortable than the mattress that came with the RV. (amazon)

Hope this info is useful to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8349.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	141046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8352.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	141047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8346.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	141048   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8351.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	141049   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8309.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	141050  

slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #2

another picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8350.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	141051  
Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #3

Looks good! We just got a divided plastic bucket that fits perfectly in the sink; one side for soapy water and one to rinse, when drycamping. I plan on putting a couple holes in it and then some rubber stoppers so we can drain without lifting it up. And it should protect the sink from getting any more scratches. Testing it this week; will post picture if it works well. Also got a regid cloth basket that fits in the area above the passenger seat next to the T.V.; odd area, where an USB outlet and some RCA cables we don't use are located. Will store all the remotes there and some flashlights. Again, will try to post pictures if this idea pans out. Still trying to figure the best way to use the other storage areas above the driver.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #4

How are you liking the Isata 3? What about the handling? Going to finally test drive one tomorrow.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #5

We love our Isata 3! We like going to State Parks, National Parks and friends cottages rather than big RV parks. We valued the compromise of less storage for maneuverability, and freedom to go to most trail heads without towing a toad. The Isata 3 is perfect for us at this point in our life. Need to figure out how best to travel with a bunch of kayaks and bikes though, would
Love to get a small enclosed trailer painted to match - that would
be slick.

Handling is better than the Winnebago that we rented last year. I drove back from Rainy Lake to Chicago on Saturday and it was very windy. I did get blown around some, but I realize the RV is almost 12' tall - of course it will be blown around. Just drive carefully and be aware of others on the road. I think a bit more weight on the front axle would help as well.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #6

I have had concerns about the handling, especially with winds in the 15plus mph. We just paid to get an alignment done (Sprinter service provider would not authorize a warranty payment for it last year) and the alignment was off. Will see how it handles this week when we go to a campground about four hours from here; looks like we might have some stormy/ windy weather on the drive. I may add some Sumo Springs to the rear. We really like it when we are parked and set up at the campground. But as others have said, get the alignment checked before making any suspension modifications. And I know I was driving too fast when conditions were windy; slow down and handling improves.
When you take the test drive, I suggest that you have the radio off, in order to hear the sounds that any Class C will make. Some can be corrected; others probably not. Some folks are tolerant of the noise; others really don't like it.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #7

Interesting ... turn the radio up is usually my solution for those sounds.

In the RV and the Jeep both!
Old 06-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #8

Thanks for the great info. I'll post up my opinion of the test drive. If we end up pulling the trigger, I will probably add front and rear Sumo springs right out of the box. What about the rear stabilizer jacks? Are they sufficient or are the Bigfoot Jacks a must have? I'm leaning toward the blue or the sunset.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #9

mine was a lot purchase, and had the diesel generator.

Would I like to have 4 levelers sometimes? Yes.

Would I want to give up my diesel generator? No.

Can't have both on the Isata 3. The stabilizers definitely take the rolling out of the equation, and I have to carry a set of leveler blocks.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:27 PM   #10

I am definitely going with the diesel gen set. The FW is 150 lbs less the the RW. The Diesel gen set is 80 lbs more the the LP. So If i go with the FW, diesel gen I am +70 lbs and the Big foots are 120 lbs so net -50 lbs. If you go with the RW and diesel gen you are -230 lbs so I don't understand why you cant get the FW with diesel gen and Big foots. Am I missing something here?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #11

Regarding Sumo springs, I had a shop that works on a lot of Sprinter delivery vans and some RV's suggest I only add the basic Sumos to the rear. They were pleasantly surprised to see that the beefy Hellwig sway bar had been added by FR. Their price seemed high, so I have not pulled the trigger on the Sumo's yet. I do suggest that you drive it 'as is' and then determine if you want better handling or a better ride,and then consult with a reliable shop. Just my two cents.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #12

We will have a pretty long drive when we pick it up to check out the handling. If needed, the rear springs are only $220.00 for the set and a about a one hour job and the fronts are $160.00 for a set and about two hours and a six pack. I did a set on a friends delivery van and it's pretty easy DIY project.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #13

Re: kayak + bike racks for Isata 3, we are setting up double kayak rack for 2017 Forester 2401Wmbs found on Pinterest. Same body/structure and design.

Phil & Joanne
zj178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #14

Well we took the test drive and definitely like the Isata 3 over the Tiffin Wayfarer and Winnie View. Then we made the HUGE mistake of going over to the DX3 BH....ugggg. We were blown away. All I can say is WOW. Do I wait 4 to 6 months and order a DX3 BH or Order an Isata 3 now and drive it for a year and maybe upgrade to the DX3? I thought this was going to be easy. We have rented RV's and love the lifestyle as we are able to take the dog( bottom bunk) and be on our own schedule. Ater flying to do the test drive, the wife said she was over air travel. First time RV purchase so all opinions are welcome.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #15

DX3 BH was our first RV purchase. Couldn't be happier. The I3 is a much different coach though. Both spacewise, capacity and also places you'll be able to take it. I'd think about what your ideal use / plan is for it some more and come up with some needs before making that decision.

That said if you can afford it and dont mind the bigger size, you wont be disappointed wiht the DX3. It's all the RV you'll ever need IMO
Old 06-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #16

Thanks for the input and I apologize for the thread creep. I think we are going to go with the Isata 3, use it for a year and if we utilize it and enjoy it as much as we think we are, upgrade to the DX3. I know I'll take a hit, but the sprinter Chassis with the diesel gen and Dynamax quality should soften the blow.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #17

You'll have a great time. Enjoy!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #18

Added a few more things today, taking advantage of wasted space. I like the baskets because they weight nothing. The coat hooks are not light but we needed them, and I like how they fold away and are not poking hazards when not in use.

All bought on amazon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8434.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	143426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8438.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	143428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8435.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	143429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8436.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	143430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8437.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	143431  

Old 07-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
I'm a storage junky, love all your ideas and pics! We use the hooks for towels too, works great! Where did u get those baskets behind passengar seat?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #20

How did you mount the baskets on the wall and the one on the floor? Looks great; will have to do the same.