Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #1

Replacement mattress for dropdown bed?

We are thinking about replacing the mattress on our 2018 Rev. We have used it a total of 5 months and it does not have the support that we like. We are not heavy people, 280lbs. for the both of us , yet we have made impressions in the 3" high mattress. Has anyone replaced the mattress in a Rev 24rb? It's a short queen and must not be more than 4" high.
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
Love my Rev

We just added a good topper and it was so much better
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #3

We upgraded to a 10" foam mattress with built-in topper for our short queen mattress. Very affordable and a world of difference for our murphy bed.
Delnari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
We upgraded to a 10" foam mattress with built-in topper for our short queen mattress. Very affordable and a world of difference for our murphy bed.
Unfortunately a 10" mattress will not work well in Eurolift bed that drops from the ceiling. It came with a 3" mattress so a 4" would be max without causing any issues.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Unfortunately a 10" mattress will not work well in Eurolift bed that drops from the ceiling. It came with a 3" mattress so a 4" would be max without causing any issues.
The only issue would be "ceiling height"...and you might need to extend the seat belt safety latch.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The only issue would be "ceiling height"...and you might need to extend the seat belt safety latch.
Although I am vertically challenged, the issue with a10" mattress would be requiring me to stoop over when entering the dinette and sofa area. I think a 4" would work better for my situation.

Tags
bed, replacement