Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Start at the top of the list above as a good beginning.

1. Tire pressure is good based on load?
2. Have you actually done a 4 corner weight to check the load? If you are "rear" heavy, it will be light on the front and that will for SURE cause issues sway and wandering.
3. If not, get a 4 corner weight, adjust redistribute load as necessary and go back to step 1.
4. Alignment?
5. Only then would I look at any after market enhancements.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Start at the top of the list above as a good beginning.

1. Tire pressure is good based on load?
2. Have you actually done a 4 corner weight to check the load? If you are "rear" heavy, it will be light on the front and that will for SURE cause issues sway and wandering.
3. If not, get a 4 corner weight, adjust redistribute load as necessary and go back to step 1.
4. Alignment?
5. Only then would I look at any after market enhancements.
All of the above.

Mine is rock stable up to 90mph or so. If very gusty windy or turbulence from some trucks I may have to keep it under 65mph. Lots of turbulence Behind some tractor trailers, if so I drop back or change lanes.

I have driven through HUGE rain storms and the stability was amazing.

There must be something amiss with your particular vehicle. You may need to take it to a Dodge dealer to inspect the chassis.

Please tell us your tire pressures.

Based on occasional wheel spin I am light in front but still handle well. I have made quick turns that no one should do in a motorhome with no ill consequences other than chastising myself afterwards.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #23
Love my Rev

Drove all over ,thousands of miles , through mountains and out in the open west with great wind without much problem . I would just say to slow down until more comfortable - you are in a big box
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #24

We took our rig and had it weighed by the Escapees RV club. They do an individual wheel measurement.
We found that the right passenger rear wheel was right at the max load. Unfortunately, that's where the outside storage is on the rig.

We didn't have any handling problems, but we redistributed things to the front part of the rig using undercoach storage and cabinets to balance the weight. Ended up leaving some things at home and bought lighter weigh accessories.
These rigs don't have a lot of cargo carrying capacity and we usually travel with empty tanks and near empty fresh water. Have you weighed that rig to make certain you're under the max weight? The REV is more like a touring vehicle than a class A which can carry more stuff.

Check your tires and make certain they are load rated for your rig. They may have replaced the tires for ones not meant for a van mh.
A small thing that might help is keeping your hands on the wheel at 9 and 3. This is a front wheel drive vehicle and small turns of the steering wheel can cause instability. My front wheel drive Tundra has the same problem.

Of course, I don't drive the rig over 70 unless I'm on a long straight road with little traffic. These things are heavy and require more stopping space than a regular van. Plus any mh is difficult to control at higher speed if you have a blowout.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:49 PM   #25

I'll go to the public scales tomorrow. I've been curious about weights. I do have some chassis recalls I need to get scheduled at a dealer and will check alignment and suspension. I'd love to be in the camp with the commenters who are giving such positive reactions. Certainly at speeds under 50 it's a joy to cruise, turn and park. Highway speeds are a killer unless conditions are perfect. Even then there is a lot of fatigue. I've been using the door label pressues of 65 front and 80 rear. Thanks for all the help.
ABQRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #26

I bought a REV 24 in 2018 and the first thing I did was to replace the rear sway bar with a larger Hellwig. It was a direct replacement for the small one on the unit. I searched the web for "Hellwig sway bar for Dodge Promaster 3500" and found this https://www.eurocampers.com/Hellwig-...ar_p_2061.html.

I'm not suggesting you buy from them, just an example of what to look for. This is an easy replacement for a mechanically inclined person.

This will make a huge difference in the sway when big rigs pass you on the interstate.
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #27

Thanks!! After much searching and comparison I ordered the Hellwig rear sway bar from Auto Anything. Besides a good price, I liked the Hellwig over the Roadmaster because the Hellwig has three stiffness settings. Which setting did you use porsche84?
ABQRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #28

ABQRV

I race cars for a hobby so I'm quite familiar with the sway bar adjustment. I probably went nearly fill stiff, which is the hole furthest from the end on one side and in the middle of the other side. They do not need to the the same on both sides. I'll guarantee you'll like the improvement!

Jerry
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:28 PM   #29

Odd.My 2015 rev24td rides and handles well.DROVE INTO CONSTANT HEADWINDS FROM Winnipeg to Saskatoon.RV was so stable i was amazed.No swaying at all.Dynaride over rear springs helps.They do ride on their bump stops but seem fine.
fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote