Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #1

REV Questions

Does anyone out there have a REV and would be willing to answer some questions for me?
Old 03-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #2

We've got one. What do you need?
Old 03-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #3

Thanks for responding. We have an I5 30FW, but are considering buying a REV for the kids to use when we want them to join us and possibly renting it out from time to time. What are your general likes and dislikes about it? Does it have an inverter so outlets can be used while boon docking without running the generator? (Cpap friendly) Are the tanks large enough for a 2-3 days of off grid camping? Are the twin beds comfortable? Is the ProMaster chassis adequate for the weight of the coach?

Any other input you could give would be helpful! And thank you!
Old 03-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #4

Same here.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
Thanks for responding. We have an I5 30FW, but are considering buying a REV for the kids to use when we want them to join us and possibly renting it out from time to time. What are your general likes and dislikes about it? Does it have an inverter so outlets can be used while boon docking without running the generator? (Cpap friendly) Are the tanks large enough for a 2-3 days of off grid camping? Are the twin beds comfortable? Is the ProMaster chassis adequate for the weight of the coach?

No serious dislikes that I can think I can think of. The Dodge chassis seats could be more accomidating.

We have the drop down bed, not the twins.

Very happy with the Promaster chassis.

Ours has an inverter but like most motorhomes only certain outlets are connected to it.

Best to add a cigarette lighter outlet to run the CPAP. Only one we have is in the dash.

The bathroom in the RB is excellent but not air conditioned.

Truma Combi is good and quiet.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
No serious dislikes that I can think I can think of. The Dodge chassis seats could be more accomidating.

We have the drop down bed, not the twins.

Very happy with the Promaster chassis.

Ours has an inverter but like most motorhomes only certain outlets are connected to it.

Best to add a cigarette lighter outlet to run the CPAP. Only one we have is in the dash.

The bathroom in the RB is excellent but not air conditioned.

Truma Combi is good and quiet.
Awesome...thanks. Is the drop down comfortable? Can you still sleep someone on the couch below the drop down? How is the access to the drop down? I'm old so I get up a few times during the night..... The Truma Combi supplies the hot water as well as the heat, correct?
Old 03-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #7

Talking

Quote:
Awesome...thanks. Is the drop down comfortable? Can you still sleep someone on the couch below the drop down? How is the access to the drop down? I'm old so I get up a few times during the night..... The Truma Combi supplies the hot water as well as the heat, correct?

We are in our 70’s and have both been injured after buying this REV so it is a bit difficult to use the drop down bed but we can. Comfort is a matter of personal opinion but it seemed comfortable the few times I was on it. The major problem is the bathroom visits overnight. For younger and healthy people it is fine but for the mobility impaired people it is a hassle.

Access is via a supplied ladder.

I sleep very well on the couch. If the bed is lowered it can be a head banger unless the one on the couch remembers it is there.

Yes the Truma supplies heat and hot water. Very frugal on the propane. The electric part of the Truma heater is anemic so I stopped using it but in combination with the gas it is useful.

BTW, the cab climate system heats or cools the REV quickly. I can feel the cab AC in the bathroom if the door is open. I also felt the wrath of my wife for doing that.

AM radio reception stinks but that is typical.

Windows on all sides makes it nice inside.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:40 AM   #8

Quote:

We love our 2015. It's a front wheel drive vehicle, so turning it is a breeze. Gas mileage is very good.
The chassis is adequate, but you do have to watch how much you load.
Ours doesn't have an inverter so it's not Cpap friendly. The tvs also are 110, so you've got to be plugged in for them to operate.

Our twin beds are comfortable for us, but they are smaller than a twin..more like a bunk bed. Not suitable for tall people. The cushions can be used to convert it them to one big bed which solves the tall person problem, although I'd recommend reinforcing the cushions with plywood if the people are a bit on the heavy side. One of our mattresses didn't hold up to the weight of one of us, so we've replaced them with foam. The sofa is a jackknife suitable for a child.

The front seats swivel, so the front portion is like a small livingroom. We like the electric steps and the fact that the floor is level (no cutouts for steps like a C)

Check the model year. It varies, our tankless hot water supplies hot water, but we've got a furnace which we've never used. We've got a heat strip in the a/c and use a small space heater if it gets really cold.

Frankly, we use it more like a touring rv rather than one for off grid camping. Ours came with one house battery, but there is room for 2. We have camped off grid, but we don't use the generator for long periods of time, so I don't know how long til the automatic shutoff signals you're low on gas.

It suits our style of camping. We tend to camp at sites with at least water and electric. We can stop at attractions on our way to the next camping spot because it can fit in most parking lots. We love our rig, but it might need some modifications to fit your needs.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #9

Thank you both for responding. It's been very helpful.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #10

Our is used as a daily driver, for day trips and as a nice place for me to escape from a noisy house.

I use it year round but the design was not intended for that. I supplement the Truma heated with a small Broan space heater when the temperature get low. Mostly for a quicker warm up. I get heat from the space immediately while the Truma takes about 5 minutes to really putting out heat.