Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #41
Love my Rev

Don't know how they have changed the 2017 model but on the 2015 - the hard 90 that the flex sewer hooks on is about 4" below the 2 drag bars
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
Don't know how they have changed the 2017 model but on the 2015 - the hard 90 that the flex sewer hooks on is about 4" below the 2 drag bars
My drag bars are slightly below the sewer cap.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #43
Love my Rev

OK - glad to hear that they did something about it . We went on our first long trip - 6000 mi. last month and destroyed our cap and several times worried that the 3' plastic pipe would be torn out of the tank and lose all in the tank !
Old 07-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
OK - glad to hear that they did something about it . We went on our first long trip - 6000 mi. last month and destroyed our cap and several times worried that the 3' plastic pipe would be torn out of the tank and lose all in the tank !
Well, I still have that fear but I also had it with my previous Sunseeker which sat much higher.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #45
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-n-Dale View Post
I use the sewer hose holder built in to our 2015 REV RB to hold two propane tanks for a grill. It tilts down front to back and they won't fall out.

Also I attached a couple of plastic campaign signs above the sewer drain lines to make a floor. There is an access door above that to reach the low water drain plugs. I put a 20 foot collapsible Rhino hose with the fittings in there. Both ends of the fittings have caps to seal in the smell, plus any sewer water leak will just run onto the campaign signs. Appropriate eh?

My dealer "RIP" "Leisure Time RV" in Orlando replaced the drain lines from the shutoff back. He left off the 90 degree angle and added a clear 90 degree swivel. I can swivel it up flush with the back of the REV when driving.

I bought a foam kneeling pad to attach the hose and store it in the outside shower compartment.

Tom D 2015 REV RB
Can you post a picture of the clear swivel set up? Would love to take a look...and if we end up doing anything with it...I'd gladly send you a shirt or something.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Can you post a picture of the clear swivel set up? Would love to take a look...and if we end up doing anything with it...I'd gladly send you a shirt or something.
Here are a couple of pictures. It also shows where I put sewer hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swivel under from back.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	115392   Click image for larger version

Name:	swivel side down.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	115393   Click image for larger version

Name:	swivel back down.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	115394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain hose storage inside.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	115395  
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #47
Love my Rev

I cant figure out how to post pictures so if interested now or in the future - email me and I will send you the pics of my sewer hookup out of the side back panel , email - deerhavenpark@comcast.net
Old 07-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-n-Dale View Post
Here are a couple of pictures. It also shows where I put sewer hose.
Looks like a viable solution.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #49
Commercial Member

I love handy people. I find life so much more enjoyable when I am not waiting between the hours of 8am and 5pm for some service tech to come into my home (or RV for that matter) so they can repair something I could have done in my robe in 10 minutes.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #50
Love my Rev

2015 24rb sewer before and after

As a handy person - I would much rather spend $20 and a couple hours of work than endless hours on the phone and returning to the shop and all the waiting .
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #51
Love my Rev

And now on to the next small deal - "my awning " rolled it out for the first time camping and it looked so low on right side that it was embarrassing , tried to roll it back and had to push it with a broom - lol ( the right brackets look real loose ) hope that is it ?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #52
Commercial Member

brackets/bolts going into the wall?

There is a pitch adjustment that can be done. I don't like the sound of "loose against the wall". Pitch adjustment is somewhat easy, if the mounting plate is loose, it sounds like the installer might have missed the backer. In one year, I have seen ONE this way and it was the front one. It looks like they knew because there was a washer on that bolt...I was NOT a happy camper.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #53

Hi bclemens...maybe you can answer this question. We recently ordered a 2017 Isata 3 RW and was wondering how deep that sewer hose cavity is and it's diameter? We normally use a 15' RhinoFlex hose that compacts to 56", but the hose has adapters and elbows already attached (they can be removed). In the past, the hose would easily fit in a 4x4" bumper storage. The holder looks wide enough to hold it, but when we saw the floorplan, we did not get the measurements. We are so looking forward to getting our new rig. Thank you!
blanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #54
Commercial Member

Its not anywhere near 56". We're limited to the depth from the sidewall to the chassis frame rail which is about 36", give or take. We've been looking at lots of alternatives but none of them seem to be fitting the bill.

I will say, the 24RW has a generous amount of storage for a small unit and there are several smaller compartments that could work for storage of the hose and other utility items.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Its not anywhere near 56". We're limited to the depth from the sidewall to the chassis frame rail which is about 36", give or take. We've been looking at lots of alternatives but none of them seem to be fitting the bill.

I will say, the 24RW has a generous amount of storage for a small unit and there are several smaller compartments that could work for storage of the hose and other utility items.
Thank you for your quick response...a 10" RhinoFlex compresses to 32", so it may fit, which would be nice. As we will be traveling 6 months out of the year, bin storage in this small rig will be at a premium...hate to use some of it for sewer connections.
blanics is offline   Reply With Quote