Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #1

REV sewer hose compartment

My REV has a built in tube to hold a sewer hose. My sewer hose does not fit because of the standard connector ends.

Does anyone know what kind of sewer hose will fit in this compartment?

If not, what else can I put in this compartment? It is not very deep, maybe a couple of feet deep.

Thanks,

Bobby
Attached Images

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #2

Have the same type of useless hose compartment on our Lexington. Only the hose, without any fittings, will fit. Makes it useless.
I keep a prybar, some 24" long heavy duty wire ties, an assortment of long wooden dowels, short starter hose, in the compartment just to give it a useful purpose.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the ideas.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #4

You might consider a "Blue Line" sewer hose. They've worked for me for years without issues. The connector slips off if that's what's needed
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #5

Having to take the fittings off everytime you need to store the hose kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sewer hose storage compartment". Now you have to take fittings off both ends, store the hose, and store the fittings somewhere else.
Silly design, and a waste of space. If someone who had known what they were doing, and designed it properly, ( bigger diameter and longer) it would have been a great place for the hose.
Just another indication that those who design these rigs are NOT rv owners or users.
Grumpy

Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Having to take the fittings off everytime you need to store the hose kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sewer hose storage compartment". Now you have to take fittings off both ends, store the hose, and store the fittings somewhere else.
Silly design, and a waste of space. If someone who had known what they were doing, and designed it properly, ( bigger diameter and longer) it would have been a great place for the hose.
Just another indication that those who design these rigs are NOT rv owners or users.
Grumpy
Blueline hoses work as they have slide on connections, HOWEVER, the tube only holds a short length of hose and you still need to carry additional lengths to accommodate ever situation.

X2 about designers not interested with Owner's needs and wants and designing for looks and size restrictions instead.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpmich View Post
Blueline hoses work as they have slide on connections, HOWEVER, the tube only holds a short length of hose and you still need to carry additional lengths to accommodate ever situation.

X2 about designers not interested with Owner's needs and wants and designing for looks and size restrictions instead.
Ahh, wasen't familier with the BlueLine Hose set up...I see how it would work. Still, the silly compartment we're referring to is only about 24 inches deep. No way could I get my 15' Rhino and a 5' extension in it, even without the end fittings.
Grumpy

Old 07-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Oh those stupid, careless and ignorant RV designers.

1. we don't design it. That is a stock part that just plugs in there. Blame B&B for the outdated design...blame mfg's for not taking something off that has been there for years that no one uses.
2. I compare it to ash trays/lighters in cars. its there, because everyone has just always put it there. Everyone used to use the blue hose and it fit. Might not have made any sense then, certainly doesn't now.

My goal was to replace it with something...but you tell me what? I've looked. There is nothing deep enough due to the frame of the chassis. No one makes anything that is curved. I did find one possible option and we have ordered a proto

On our trucks, we have a nice big storage tube that holds the hose and fittings and mounts to the utility compartment door. But these new hoses are big and with the fittings even bigger. What we need to do, is just have a compartment instead and clearly mark it for sewer hose storage, but then I wonder if we get complaints that we're wasting a perfectly good storage compartment for a sewer hose.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Ahh, wasen't familier with the BlueLine Hose set up...I see how it would work. Still, the silly compartment we're referring to is only about 24 inches deep. No way could I get my 15' Rhino and a 5' extension in it, even without the end fittings.
Grumpy
Totally agree. I can fit a 5-6' section in the wet bay. Larger sections and connectors are kept in another compartment. As such, I need to keep everything VERY clean to minimize odors. Not the best situation. Didn't give this situation much thought when moving from a C to an A, but have different priorities and expectations now.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #10

clemens;1251302]Oh those stupid, careless and ignorant RV designers.

1. we don't design it. That is a stock part that just plugs in there. Blame B&B for the outdated design...blame mfg's for not taking something off that has been there for years that no one uses.
2. I compare it to ash trays/lighters in cars. its there, because everyone has just always put it there. Everyone used to use the blue hose and it fit. Might not have made any sense then, certainly doesn't now.

My goal was to replace it with something...but you tell me what? I've looked. There is nothing deep enough due to the frame of the chassis. No one makes anything that is curved.

On our trucks, we have a nice big storage tube that holds the hose and fittings and mounts to the utility compartment door. But these new hoses are big and with the fittings even bigger. What we need to do, is just have a compartment instead and clearly mark it for sewer hose storage, but then I wonder if we get complaints that we're wasting a perfectly good storage compartment for a sewer hose.[/QUOTE]

Dynamax could lead the way by incorporating a black tank contents vaporizer. Push a button and zap the contents. Maybe in the next century...

Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #11
Commercial Member

On it...I think that's called "Arson" however.

In the meantime. Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc.

Has a couple of options.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #12

Actually, a back bumper on the REV would be useful for the hose and inattentive drivers. I also found it was a half decent place to sit when I had my Sunseeker.

I don't think it would hurt the aesthetics of the vehicle.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
On it...I think that's called "Arson" however.

In the meantime. Sanitubes / Sewer Hose Carriers / SUPER-TUBE - DW Inc.

Has a couple of options.
Good suggestion.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #14

Valterra makes one called the EZ hose carrier. It will get the job done but will required an email to Valterra.
So I ordered this from Amazon. When I received it noticed the mounting brackets were fixed to the tube. One at each end and one in the middle. How useless are non-movable mounting brackets if you mount the tube cross frame with typical trailer frame beams are 60" a part. So I emailed Valterra of the issues and they shipped me 2 of the center mounts. I secured them to the frame and then the tube to the brackets. Next issue is the RhinoFlex hose has barbs on the connectors don't fit in the tube. Just trim the with a hacksaw and they fit. The 96" tube will hold 2 sections of the RhinoFlex hose and the 90° end.

You can also get a square vinyl fence post and make your own.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
clemens;1251302]Oh those stupid, careless and ignorant RV designers.

My goal was to replace it with something...but you tell me what? I've looked. There is nothing deep enough due to the frame of the chassis. No one makes anything that is curved.

On our trucks, we have a nice big storage tube that holds the hose and fittings and mounts to the utility compartment door. But these new hoses are big and with the fittings even bigger. What we need to do, is just have a compartment instead and clearly mark it for sewer hose storage, but then I wonder if we get complaints that we're wasting a perfectly good storage compartment for a sewer hose.
Dynamax could lead the way by incorporating a black tank contents vaporizer. Push a button and zap the contents. Maybe in the next century...[/QUOTE]

No need for sarcasm. Other manufacturers have better designs. Such as;

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Old 07-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #16

All of those are very nice but none will fit in the smaller Dynamax offerings without losing precious outside storage space. It seems to me a larger vehicle is needed to accommodate these good ideas. Maybe I should have bought the Georgetown that I like.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #17

We could go on for days about what is designed and installed on an RV that is not functional or is a bad design. Saw a post a few days ago that recommended an RV designed should be required to use the RV for a while then things like the outdated, to small, sewer hose carrier would be there and a usable one would be.

Own a Puma 359THKS. On the water heater cover it says "HOT! DO NOT BLOCK" but for some reason the designer placed the power input receptacle and the city water connection directly above the water heater. The power cord hangs across the very hot exhaust vent. What was he/she thinking?
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
All of those are very nice but none will fit in the smaller Dynamax offerings without losing precious outside storage space. It seems to me a larger vehicle is needed to accommodate these good ideas. Maybe I should have bought the Georgetown that I like.
Interesting. You should have read my entire post as I have a 40' Sportscoach DP with little or no room in the wet bay and the swivel holder below. I made it work but the ability to have more room in the bay would have solved most of my problems.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #19
Commercial Member

To be fair, this is our M2 Freightliner set up. Thetford Sanicon Turbo. All the hoses stay connected (not shown at this stage) and coil right up in the wet bay. No issues at all.

Small stuff (Isata 3, REV) is another story. I just went and looked again. On the Isata 3, the whole side is filled with compartments, or propane or holding tanks. The only place to put the sewer hose holder (that's too small) is right where its at...sandwiched between a holding tank and the propane tank. And can't go any deeper due to the frame rail. So we could delete it and save the confusion...but nothing else will fit there. And as I have always said..."its only wasted space if you don't use it"

previous division we had a little cabinet that took advantage of some "wasted space" that housed our electrical equipment at the top. So we put a door on the cavity that was created below it. It was only about 4-5" deep, 15" wide, 36" tall...but boy did people complain how that was a worthless cabinet.

I'll look at the REV again...but we tried a "flex version" that was corrugated aluminum and it would bend and extend to fit bigger hoses. It just wasn't very durable. What we really need on the small stuff is a larger diameter tube with a 90 degree sweep so that it goes in and runs along the frame rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5961.JPG.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	113388  

Old 07-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
To be fair, this is our M2 Freightliner set up. Thetford Sanicon Turbo. All the hoses stay connected (not shown at this stage) and coil right up in the wet bay. No issues at all.

Small stuff (Isata 3, REV) is another story. I just went and looked again. On the Isata 3, the whole side is filled with compartments, or propane or holding tanks. The only place to put the sewer hose holder (that's too small) is right where its at...sandwiched between a holding tank and the propane tank. And can't go any deeper due to the frame rail. So we could delete it and save the confusion...but nothing else will fit there. And as I have always said..."its only wasted space if you don't use it"

previous division we had a little cabinet that took advantage of some "wasted space" that housed our electrical equipment at the top. So we put a door on the cavity that was created below it. It was only about 4-5" deep, 15" wide, 36" tall...but boy did people complain how that was a worthless cabinet.

I'll look at the REV again...but we tried a "flex version" that was corrugated aluminum and it would bend and extend to fit bigger hoses. It just wasn't very durable. What we really need on the small stuff is a larger diameter tube with a 90 degree sweep so that it goes in and runs along the frame rail.
I like the idea of having the hoses always attached. As long as they can be disconnected for replacement and cleaning if necessary.