Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #1

Rock guard for I5

We went to the Pomona show this year (mostly to see what, if anything changed between the 2018 and the 2019, and I'm happy to say not much beyond the sound bar in place of the sub woofer and ceiling speakers) and ran into Joey Eash. We asked him about a rock guard for the I5 and he said they are available. Was wondering if anyone with an I5 (we have the 30FW) has gotten one. If so, did you order from Dynamax? The dealer? Who did you talk to, the service rep or sales rep? Brian, are they available for the I5? We "need" one!!
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 PM   #2

FutureSalesRV.com sell a rock guard kit with the Dynamax logo embossed on the stainless steel face plate.

Phil & Jan Bell
2018 Isata 5 36DS 4x4
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
FutureSalesRV.com sell a rock guard kit with the Dynamax logo embossed on the stainless steel face plate.

Phil & Jan Bell

2018 Isata 5 36DS 4x4

Have you installed on your I5?

The ones I have seen are designed for the Freightliner chassis.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #4

I have not ordered one for my Isata 5 yet but I did purchase one for my previous Thor motorhome. I was very satisfied with the look and high quality, plus it was easy to install.
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #5

FYI

FutureSales is the rock guard vendor that does the ones for Dynamax.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
We went to the Pomona show this year (mostly to see what, if anything changed between the 2018 and the 2019, and I'm happy to say not much beyond the sound bar in place of the sub woofer and ceiling speakers) and ran into Joey Eash. We asked him about a rock guard for the I5 and he said they are available. Was wondering if anyone with an I5 (we have the 30FW) has gotten one. If so, did you order from Dynamax? The dealer? Who did you talk to, the service rep or sales rep? Brian, are they available for the I5? We "need" one!!
Wait....what? Subwoofer?? They must have left that out of mine...I had to buy one and put it in.... Guess that's what I get for buying the first one off the line...
Old 10-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
Wait....what? Subwoofer?? They must have left that out of mine...I had to buy one and put it in.... Guess that's what I get for buying the first one off the line...
The sub woofer is in the cabinet just behind the driver's seat. In the 2019, that cabinet is gone and there is a sound bar. We use that shelf and counter space so I'm glad we have it. We have one of the first 30FWs off the line, but you got that show model so maybe they didn't put it in. Do you have the cabinet?
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #8

Quote:
The sub woofer is in the cabinet just behind the driver's seat. In the 2019, that cabinet is gone and there is a sound bar. We use that shelf and counter space so I'm glad we have it. We have one of the first 30FWs off the line, but you got that show model so maybe they didn't put it in. Do you have the cabinet?
Yes, we have the cabinet and shelf. I found the removable panel shortly after realizing the surround sound was missing something. The wire for the subwoofer was in the compartment and everything. I was a little tired of going back to the dealer (4 1/2) hours away at that point so I just bought one and put it in.

Does yours have two A/C units? Mine just has one....
Old 10-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Yes, we have the cabinet and shelf. I found the removable panel shortly after realizing the surround sound was missing something. The wire for the subwoofer was in the compartment and everything. I was a little tired of going back to the dealer (4 1/2) hours away at that point so I just bought one and put it in.

Does yours have two A/C units? Mine just has one....
Yes, we have 2 AC. We didnt buy it that way, when we bought it at the Pomona show it was the same as yours, one AC, 6k generator but before they built it they changed the those 2 things to standard to include 2 AC and 8k gen. I wonder if they refunded people some $ who paid extra for those upgrades. We actually didnt think we needed 2 AC and didn't want the extra weight but didnt know they changed it until it was done. We wd rather have had another maxx air fan in that spot. But after being in 100 degree heat this summer we were glad we had it. Truth be told we hardly use that 2nd AC. The front one is usually enough.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Yes, we have 2 AC. We didnt buy it that way, when we bought it at the Pomona show it was the same as yours, one AC, 6k generator but before they built it they changed the those 2 things to standard to include 2 AC and 8k gen. I wonder if they refunded people some $ who paid extra for those upgrades. We actually didnt think we needed 2 AC and didn't want the extra weight but didnt know they changed it until it was done. We wd rather have had another maxx air fan in that spot. But after being in 100 degree heat this summer we were glad we had it. Truth be told we hardly use that 2nd AC. The front one is usually enough.

That's good to know. I like the two maxx air fans. We did get the 8kw generator. It would be nice to visit with you outside of the public forum. If you would like to contact me via email I have a few other questions I'd like to pester you with... tom.muhl@gmail.com If not...no big deal.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Have you installed on your I5?

The ones I have seen are designed for the Freightliner chassis.

Went on the web site. They now have one specifically for the I5. Its pricey, over $450 with shipping.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #12

Quote:
That's good to know. I like the two maxx air fans. We did get the 8kw generator. It would be nice to visit with you outside of the public forum. If you would like to contact me via email I have a few other questions I'd like to pester you with... tom.muhl@gmail.com If not...no big deal.
emailed you
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
We've been extremely glad we had that 2nd a/c. It was 107° in Kansas and we were cool. We'll be in Texas quite a bit so it'll defiantly be a plus!
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
We've been extremely glad we had that 2nd a/c. It was 107° in Kansas and we were cool. We'll be in Texas quite a bit so it'll defiantly be a plus!
Yep, I'm sure we'll be glad of it when we start really traveling. As I said, we were glad of it last summer in Oregon during a freak heat wave!
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #15

From Futuresales RV

We do have an Isata 5 version available. It comes with mounting hardware. We cannot tell you where or how to mount the rock guard if your vehicle is not prepped for one; however, we can share with you photos from a happy customer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynamax_Isata_RKnowles2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	189741Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3256.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	189742