Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2022, 09:33 PM   #21

Thanks for the suggestion, I now realize I didn't try to loosen the joint, I only tried to tighten it and couldn't. I didn't want to force it and break it.

Maybe it is bottomed out and not glued into place and I can loosen it to add teflon tape? I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:37 PM   #22

Could be glued, if so you may need to replace it. I cut the elbow off and replaced it, added a gate valve as well, thanks to Shultz01. But some silicone could fix the leak.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:52 AM   #23

Here it is guys, the $15.40 hose that works better than the EXPENSIVE sanicon hose. Do not buy the sanicon hose unless you want to waste money, it has no advantages vs this one.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...HK24/205618043

I have now been using this hose for a year, zero issues. Bought a spare, still havent had to use it.

Attached is how i connect it, very easy, no changing of any glued on fittings. I would never go back to the sanicon hose, honestly, I cant see why anyone in their right mind would spend $100 plus on a hose that breaks after a few years. $15 guys, right at the home depot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5878.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	281406   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5879.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	281407  
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #24

I should add, I just put the hose on when I need to use it and keep it off the nipple regularly. When you go to dump make sure you either put a quick hose clamp on it or just hold it (that’s what I do) because If not it will pop off and give u a bath of “honey”. Don’t ask me how I know this.
When that happened it wasn’t a fun day

—John
Old 11-13-2022, 08:25 AM   #25
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
Show me interested as well. I don't like the way the hose immediately rubs against the outer door. Also, it really only feels like about 12ft long while trying to connect....sure when the pressure hits it is much longer but that is not helpful for the initial connection.
So this is the fundamental drawback of the Sanicon hose - its only 10 or so feet long (assuming that 2 or so are to get from somewhwere inside the RV to its outer wall ) so why do they make it from an expandable material? It serves no purpose other than to create the opportunity for back pressure?

There is probably no answer to this question except the somewhat inexplicable "cool" factor.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 09:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
So this is the fundamental drawback of the Sanicon hose - its only 10 or so feet long (assuming that 2 or so are to get from somewhwere inside the RV to its outer wall ) so why do they make it from an expandable material? It serves no purpose other than to create the opportunity for back pressure?

There is probably no answer to this question except the somewhat inexplicable "cool" factor.
It does make for an "easy to stow" hose. But it presents quite a challenge to dump at Camp Dynamax. I did not feel bad at all letting the service manager maneuver my XL into position.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparker View Post
While I have everyone's attention, I need some help. I noticed a few small drops and slow leak from the connection between the gray screw adapter and the black fitting on the Sani-Con when running the pump and pressurizing the line. I tried to turn the gray adapter with a wrench but it seems like it is glued in place and won't turn. I was thinking about applying some thick superglue along the margin between the two pieces. Is this a bad idea? Is there something better to apply? Any suggestions?
I tried turning the connection in both directions and seems like it is glued in place. After a lot of research, the solution I came up with is self-sealing silicone tape. $12 on Amazon for 36 feet. Only needed a few feet for this leak but it looks like there are a lot of uses for the rest of the tape.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post

Agree. Why make this hose so crappy! Home Depot $15 hose takes care of this, it’s 24’ long.

Love it. Will never go back to a $100 hose!

—John
Old 02-23-2023, 04:31 PM   #29

Just to update, used the hose probably 25 times since November, still no issues with the $15 home depot hose....

--John
Old 08-30-2023, 07:13 PM   #30

I also swapped my hose today, the hose was available at the local Ace Hardware.t is sold as a 1-1/2" sump pump flexible hose.
SheltonsDX3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement