Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #1

Satellite Box?

I am sure this has been asked, but do I need a special satellite box for my in motion satellite on my 2021 DX3? I called direct TV and they directed me to Wingard rv section and I get no answer.

Thanks
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:17 AM   #2
Commercial Member

You don't need a special receiver. But there are smaller DirecTV receivers that work well in RVs. I found this recommendation list from a quick google search: https://www.baysiderv.com/best-directv-receiver-for-rv/.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
JGraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
Norwood Auto Italia

What is your in-motion antenna make/model? You do not for Dish, but you may need a special receiver and other stuff for DirectTV.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #4

https://www.dishformyrv.com/ was awesome at getting me everything I needed and provisioning my pay as you go account with Dish.

If you already have ties with direct TV that may be a different case, but I know with my antenna dish was the only one that could do in motion HD. May be different now.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #5

Wingard In motion T4 is what I have. I would prefer to stay with Direct but Fourwhln makes a good point about the pay as you go
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #6

On my 2018 DX3 the in-motion SAT came configured for use with Direct TV. We use Dish which required getting on the RV roof, removing the in-motion dome and changing one jumper. Super easy to do and only takes 15-20 minutes, just remove the 4 screws on the dome, take it off, change the jumper setting and re-install dome. Winegard support emailed the instruction to us with easy to follow pictures.

You should not require any other special equipment except for the Dish Hopper box which you plug into the wall outlet, screw on the SAT antenna cable and screw on the output cable to your HDMI box.

Unless something has changed with the newer units...........

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneviper View Post
I am sure this has been asked, but do I need a special satellite box for my in motion satellite on my 2021 DX3? I called direct TV and they directed me to Wingard rv section and I get no answer.

Thanks

Curious if you saw this string below. Even though you have a different coach, you have the same Sat Dish that we have and it sounds like you are going through some of the same questions/issues I just did. Hope this might help.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...t4-226730.html
Old 04-09-2021, 07:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneviper View Post
Wingard In motion T4 is what I have. I would prefer to stay with Direct but Fourwhln makes a good point about the pay as you go

If you stay with DirecTV you will only receive programming broadcast in SD. If you want HD you will need to switch to Dish.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	251562
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite