Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #1

SeeLevel II - Tank Dimension

Hi - I am going to order a SeeLevel II tank monitor with Bluetooth. Really looking forward to it. I need to make sure I have the right size monitor strips. The Grey/Black tanks are easy to measure. However, the fresh water tank on the 2018 DX3 37TS is behind the wall in the bedroom.

Question - Does anyone have the specific dimensions (really only need height I guess) on the fresh water tank for the 2018 DX3 37TS?

I really appreciate it!
WanderingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #2

I do not have the measurements for your water tank... yet. Tomorrow I will be removing the fiberboard that conceals the tank on my 36FK. I will provide that tank info once I have it. I am fairly confident we have similar tanks.

I have waited many months for Garnet to re-release the BT enabled SeeLevel system. I had signed up with them to be informed when it came out after their "redesign" period but it was your post that alerted me to that it was available. Thanks! I have all ready placed my order for my unit. Hope to have it installed before the next rally in 2021. :-)
Old 06-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyatrest View Post
I do not have the measurements for your water tank... yet. Tomorrow I will be removing the fiberboard that conceals the tank on my 36FK. I will provide that tank info once I have it. I am fairly confident we have similar tanks.

I have waited many months for Garnet to re-release the BT enabled SeeLevel system. I had signed up with them to be informed when it came out after their "redesign" period but it was your post that alerted me to that it was available. Thanks! I have all ready placed my order for my unit. Hope to have it installed before the next rally in 2021. :-)
Thanks! I would be interested in what size monitors you go with for fresh water and black/grey tanks.....I am waiting to order to figure that out. I guess you know already?
Old 06-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #4

I ordered the system as described on the RV Upgrades website. Which is the monitor and 3-12 inch ES sensors and the pigtail. I also ordered 1 additional 12 inch ES sensor to supplement the sensor that I intend to use on the fresh water tank.
My camper is in storage and I won't get to it till tomorrow but I am certain that the cabinet holding the water tank is not greater than 26 inches high and therefore the fresh water tank can't be higher than that. So 1 additional sensor to stack on the included sensor should do the trick. Or, I could be completely wrong. :-)
Either way, I will give you the fresh water tank's actual dimensions tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #5

I made it to the camper this morning and removed the fiberboard moldings and facing of the cabinet bottom to reveal the fresh water tank. Be careful taking off the moulding as one of the moulding strips chose death rather than allow itself to be removed from its stapled location. Otherwise the removal process is straightforward.
The tank occupies 2/3 of the cabinet area. It is 63 inches long, 26 inches tall and 13 inches deep. When completely full (and after being driven to allow for "slosh loss") the water tops out at 23 inches deep which is 3 inches below the tank top. Well within the range of a couple of SeeLevel ES sensors.
Also, while you are in there you may want to bring a shop vac to remove all the FOD that you will find. I had a lot of waste material strewn about the cabinet bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9413.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	231688   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9414.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	231689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9415.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	231690  
Old 06-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
I made it to the camper this morning and removed the fiberboard moldings and facing of the cabinet
Just to clarify, we don't use fiberboard moldings or wall panels.

We use vinyl covered lauan...which is a plywood material native to the Philippines. Also know as Philippine Mahogany.

The stiles, depending on year, would be what is called a "lumber core" stile. Which is an actual hardwood core, with a veneer face on either side and vinyl wrapped.

Today, we use 100% solid wood cabinet stiles, drawers & door fronts. minor point...but some people did and still do, use fiberboard stiles which are 100% engineered.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:09 AM   #7

Quote:
I made it to the camper this morning and removed the fiberboard moldings and facing of the cabinet bottom to reveal the fresh water tank. Be careful taking off the moulding as one of the moulding strips chose death rather than allow itself to be removed from its stapled location. Otherwise the removal process is straightforward.
The tank occupies 2/3 of the cabinet area. It is 63 inches long, 26 inches tall and 13 inches deep. When completely full (and after being driven to allow for "slosh loss") the water tops out at 23 inches deep which is 3 inches below the tank top. Well within the range of a couple of SeeLevel ES sensors.
Also, while you are in there you may want to bring a shop vac to remove all the FOD that you will find. I had a lot of waste material strewn about the cabinet bottom.
thank you!!! I'm ordering now!
Old 06-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #8

Are you disconnecting the Precision Plex system for the Sealevel or running it seperate?
Old 06-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm43 View Post
Are you disconnecting the Precision Plex system for the Sealevel or running it seperate?
I don’t have the precision plex (I’m a few months before it in the 2018 I have).
Old 06-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #10

Are you disconnecting the tank monitoring system you have or running Seelevel parallel?
Old 06-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm43 View Post
Are you disconnecting the tank monitoring system you have or running Seelevel parallel?
Planning to disconnect the current monitor entirely. It reuses the same wires (to make install easy) so I'm going to do that for now anyway.

Tags
tank