Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2020, 12:44 AM   #21

Not sure it helps much as mine is stored indoors always, but...I’ll say this...when it is stored the shore power is connected 100% of the time. No issues.

Make sure you turn the auto gen start off!!! There’s a story of a guy that left his on and went on a 2 week trip to Europe. While he was gone the breaker popped. He came back to his garage and coach full of black sout (however you spell it) from the generator running.

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC70 View Post
I store mine indoors. Have no access to 50amp power. So turn batteries off and connect a trickle charger. Would plug into shore power if I could.
If you have access to power why not just plug in? Let the converter do its charging thing. Mine stays plugged in 24/7 to a 15 amp circuit.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post
Not sure it helps much as mine is stored indoors always, but...I’ll say this...when it is stored the shore power is connected 100% of the time. No issues.

Make sure you turn the auto gen start off!!! There’s a story of a guy that left his on and went on a 2 week trip to Europe. While he was gone the breaker popped. He came back to his garage and coach full of black sout (however you spell it) from the generator running.

—john
unless you have an exhaust tube to the outside.

Mine is stored inside a heated shop. Plugged in to shore power. I even use the frig for "overload" storage when prepping a supper for company.
My gen auto start is on so if power goes out the frig and all are "covered"
exhaust is attached to flex tube that goes to the outside.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:25 PM   #24

Intellitec Battery Guard 1000?

It seems like consensus here is storing RV on shore power is OK. I didn't want to do something which was a safety or fire hazard. DynaMax tech support told me 12ga shore power cord to 20A outlet may have cause my BIRD to catch fire. Since I park my REV24RB in the carport I want to avoid burning the house down.

I plan to replace the KIP battery disconnect relay with Intellitec Battery Guard 1000. If shore power breaker trips or cord comes loose and coach battery discharges to 12.1V the BG1000 opens to disconnect the battery. One problem I have is the converter in WFCO 8945 is connected to the fuse panel not to the battery. When the disconnect relay opens to disconnect the battery the converter still provides 12V to the fuses but it doesn't charge the battery. Intellitec tech support suggested rewiring it to so the converter is connected to the battery. Then when BG1000 is open battery is disconnected from fuse panel but shore power can still charge the battery. WFCO tech support agreed that will work just fine.
disoswam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power, winter