Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #21
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol...we already offer dual alternators today. and yes, 440 amps is nice.
you beat me to it! I think you said in another thread that you already install 2, but was not sure if you were getting the 220 amp versions. would these be available with the 4 corner air suspension so you could air down for entry and exit, air up for offroading? locking rear diff? skid plates available. maybe even mark the roof (or pre-install brackets) for solar and wiring? Camo hunting package maybe?

I would love to see these come out of the factory with an appropriate white letter "off road" tire (im a sucker for those). offer a mattress delete so they can get the standard, or none and pick their own and end the countless "my mattress sucks" threads!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #22

Short Isata 5 with ALL -Time bed

Quote:
There have been a few requests for smaller floor plans in diesel with more CCC, but with an all time bed (IE, bed can be used with the slides in or out). We have also gotten requests about solar, Offroading, more CCC, winter camping, private bedroom, etc, etc.

So I thought, why not cover them all in one fell swoop.

So, here are a couple of things we are playing with for the 5 series. 30' bumper to bumper.

Double slide would be nice. Solid, sliding door, 2nd slide will add a little money and weight and somewhat limit outside storage. But, nice layout and we could fit a combo W/D I think.

Single Slide would be a fixed bed at all times. We could have a HUGE pass through in the back, with potential room for kayaks. It would be easier to heat in cold weather camping and we could then have weight to upgrade to dual pane windows.

The goal with this would be to pair it with a lithium battery system. Max out the solar and do an insulation package for the utility bay that would have auxiliary heat. So a four-season, off-road, off-grid package 4X4.

If we want to take it to the extreme, I have talked to a company about 12V AC units. Either roof mount, or maybe storage mount with air ducted to the roof. That would free up even more space for solar and would be super quiet. With the advantage of running off 12V natively so that you could run it driving down the road without running the gen. The dual alternators on the dodge should be more than enough to keep up with one AC (pulling roughly 100 amps at max usage).

Discuss away.

Add a couch with articulating table in front of it (like the host mammoth truck camper) as an option to the dinette and an entertainment center option over the cab and you sold one to me.
I understand if the entertainment center adds more weight it might not be feasible.
Is there a reason you don’t have an entertainment option like the Thor Omni/Mammoth? Weight?
I am going to purchase in about a year and shopping around right now. I’m pretty sure I have it narrowed down to your shorter isata5 and the Thor mentioned above.
I really like the outside kitchen option of the Thor but like how you option more toward the boondocking electronics so keep that.
I tend to lean away from awning side slides though.

Did I just read you have a lithium battery option? For Isata 5? If not in the brochures can you list all the options here?

Great job with interacting with the good and bad here by the way. Also liked your walkthrough video better than most.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
Add a couch with articulating table in front of it (like the host mammoth truck camper) as an option to the dinette and an entertainment center option over the cab and you sold one to me.
I understand if the entertainment center adds more weight it might not be feasible.
Is there a reason you don’t have an entertainment option like the Thor Omni/Mammoth? Weight?
I am going to purchase in about a year and shopping around right now. I’m pretty sure I have it narrowed down to your shorter isata5 and the Thor mentioned above.
I really like the outside kitchen option of the Thor but like how you option more toward the boondocking electronics so keep that.
I tend to lean away from awning side slides though.

Did I just read you have a lithium battery option? For Isata 5? If not in the brochures can you list all the options here?

Great job with interacting with the good and bad here by the way. Also liked your walkthrough video better than most.
Thank you.

We do not have a lithium option at this time. It is something we are working on.

The front Ent center was two fold. 1. The 55" TV we used was frankly too big. Part of the image was cut off when the slide was in. 2. Front axle weight.

If anything, what I would like to do, is re-tool a cap that is aerodynamic for the front EC like the Sprinter. Then if you don't need the cab-over bunk, then you get to reduce CCC, reduce the cap overhang and improve drag.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #24

One other thought... beyond the RV part make sure to keep an eye on ground clearances, approach, breakover and departure angles. While this doesn't need to be a rock crawler, some attention in these areas would massively help with rutted and rocky roads used to get to some of these remote locations. Its definitely not something prevalent in a lot of RV designs and I think it's part of what makes Earthroamer appealing to that market.

A badly placed exhaust. Leveling jacks hanging down. Storage bins hanging down.

All will hamper the capability and versatility of an adventure type model. May want to think a little differently on marketing stats and such as compared to the typical RV designs and market.

Agree though you guys could kill in this market at the price point you'll end up at.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
One other thought... beyond the RV part make sure to keep an eye on ground clearances, approach, breakover and departure angles. While this doesn't need to be a rock crawler, some attention in these areas would massively help with rutted and rocky roads used to get to some of these remote locations. Its definitely not something prevalent in a lot of RV designs and I think it's part of what makes Earthroamer appealing to that market.

A badly placed exhaust. Leveling jacks hanging down. Storage bins hanging down.

All will hamper the capability and versatility of an adventure type model. May want to think a little differently on marketing stats and such as compared to the typical RV designs and market.

Agree though you guys could kill in this market at the price point you'll end up at.
Our clearance is not the reason you ran into a rock.

Is this what you're looking for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Clearance.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	197862  

Old 03-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #26

Awesome designs and ideas!
Many of the things mentioned above are reasons we love our Dynamax.

A few things from a current Isata 5 owner that would make a great product even better:
1. Leveling jacks hang down too low. They can even catch a tall speed bump.
2. Air ride. I am considering an aftermarket air suspension; but a factory air ride suspension could be used to raise the ride height to get in and out of tight camp spots. And I would have an on-board air supply and not have to carry a compressor.
3. Love the air conditioner idea. We can use the microwave and just about everything else while going down the road, except use the a/c. Wish we could.

Thanks for not building cookie-cutter RVs! If we had intended on sitting around an RV park in Arizona, it wouldn't have mattered what we bought... they're all the same!
jdebevec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Thank you.

We do not have a lithium option at this time. It is something we are working on.

The front Ent center was two fold. 1. The 55" TV we used was frankly too big. Part of the image was cut off when the slide was in. 2. Front axle weight.

If anything, what I would like to do, is re-tool a cap that is aerodynamic for the front EC like the Sprinter. Then if you don't need the cab-over bunk, then you get to reduce CCC, reduce the cap overhang and improve drag.
Love these floorplans and idea of ruggedizing the coach. The idea of a retooled front cap and entertainment center is a winner in my book!!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Our clearance is not the reason you ran into a rock.

Is this what you're looking for?
Every time somebody sends me that pic I reply with this one. I prefer to dream about reality Click image for larger version

Name:	OLTZ8463.JPEG
Views:	369
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	197867
Old 03-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Every time somebody sends me that pic I reply with this one. I prefer to dream about reality Attachment 197867
Now that is a beauty. Is that yours? 4X4?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #30

Haha no. Custom one they did way back in the day. Probably shouldn't have even brought it up in this context
Old 03-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #31

Now that's something I could get on board with! That's badass!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Every time somebody sends me that pic I reply with this one. I prefer to dream about reality Attachment 197867
Nice photoshop. That doesn't even look like our plant, or our product, or our floor, or paint...pfffffttttt.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #33

“ Quote The goal with this would be to pair it with a lithium battery system. Max out the solar and do an insulation package for the utility bay that would have auxiliary heat. So a four-season, off-road, off-grid package 4X4.Quote “

We, the wife and I have been considering moving from our fifth to a motorhome. I have been looking at diesel powered class C’s and am partial to the Cummins as that’s what I have in my Ram. I have been looking at the Isata 5 online. Your quote as to having a four season RV is appealingly, however after reading numerous threads on cold weather camping, not everyone is successful at it due to cold weather being subjective? How cold could the prospective RV endure?
P.S. The specs on the Isata 5 in construction options don’t even include dual pane windows! Thanks
Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
“ Quote The goal with this would be to pair it with a lithium battery system. Max out the solar and do an insulation package for the utility bay that would have auxiliary heat. So a four-season, off-road, off-grid package 4X4.Quote “

We, the wife and I have been considering moving from our fifth to a motorhome. I have been looking at diesel powered class C’s and am partial to the Cummins as that’s what I have in my Ram. I have been looking at the Isata 5 online. Your quote as to having a four season RV is appealingly, however after reading numerous threads on cold weather camping, not everyone is successful at it due to cold weather being subjective? How cold could the prospective RV endure?
P.S. The specs on the Isata 5 in construction options don’t even include dual pane windows! Thanks
The I5's have CCC issues because by the time they are built out you are within 1,800lbs or so of cargo carrying, like my DS, I can't carry much. Not a lot when you add in water, and people and food and stuff, so dual pane windows and such were cut from this model. BC is saying that this new proposed unit would have dual pane and lots better heating in the storage bays and utility bays. Sounds like it'd be a great boon docking rig!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #35

Part of the reason i bought my 2014 Sunseeker 2500TS (in 2014) was because Brian was active on the Forest River forum. While it has never needed work, during the warranty or afterwards, I knew he was there and read many of his posts that helped owners.

In the last couple months, because I plan to full time in a couple years, I've been looking at Super C's, and really want to get the Isata 5, but have been hesitating because the Thor Magnitude/Omni has an outdoor kitchen and only one floorplan with passenger side slides. But even the thought of owning a Thor again worries me (owned two previous Thor motorhomes). So I wait for the 5 to expand their floorplans.

I'm a boondocker, so the solar, 4x4, four season, ideas mentioned above have me grabbing the checkbook.

I'll wait now. Brian bring this to the market yesterday please.
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #36

Quote:
In fact when this idea hit me...the first thing I said was "who is doing anything close to this??? Earthroamer?...at 5 times the price".

And yes, I agree. I am still a family with an active lifestyle. For years (and still to this day) my former division built a winter unit for Canadream RV. What spurred this, is I am heading up there next weekend for a retirement party and I thought of that unit. I stayed in the parking lot of each resort with a good friend (and their product development guy). We would ski all day, drive to the next mountain, park, eat, repeat. It was 7 degrees average temp and we stay toasty warm using all the devices. We spent 10 years dialing in what worked and what didn't, and I have personally used it in action. Also, there was just a video of a former NFL football player that gave all his stuff for charity, got a rescue dog and is exploring the US in a B-van. At the heart of RV'ing...THAT is the spirit of what this is all about. Disconnecting from everything else. There is nothing like the freedom of waking up and saying "where do you want to go today". Or driving until you find a little hostel with no hook ups, but the most gorgeous views. These pics are from one of those trips.
Beautiful location and photos!
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #37

White-painted ambulance?

Quote:
White-painted ambulance?

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:52 PM   #38

Quote:
In fact when this idea hit me...the first thing I said was "who is doing anything close to this??? Earthroamer?...at 5 times the price".

And yes, I agree. I am still a family with an active lifestyle. For years (and still to this day) my former division built a winter unit for Canadream RV. What spurred this, is I am heading up there next weekend for a retirement party and I thought of that unit. I stayed in the parking lot of each resort with a good friend (and their product development guy). We would ski all day, drive to the next mountain, park, eat, repeat. It was 7 degrees average temp and we stay toasty warm using all the devices. We spent 10 years dialing in what worked and what didn't, and I have personally used it in action. Also, there was just a video of a former NFL football player that gave all his stuff for charity, got a rescue dog and is exploring the US in a B-van. At the heart of RV'ing...THAT is the spirit of what this is all about. Disconnecting from everything else. There is nothing like the freedom of waking up and saying "where do you want to go today". Or driving until you find a little hostel with no hook ups, but the most gorgeous views. These pics are from one of those trips.

A for Ford versus GMC...we are mainly known for M2's. While we have expanded our product offering, we are still primarily married to Cummins. They have been reliable and have a long history of that. You can go back and certain years the power stroke has had bad years and good years and some really bad years. Plus the Ram just drove better.
Your story of camping in parking lots at ski resorts is right up my alley ... I have dreams of taking my family up the powder highway before we they get to old ...

In one of your rigs!

Cheers!

ps ... a couple of pics from our adventures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110CC701-6279-4173-87F7-1C181CA3F9E8.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	389.2 KB
ID:	197905   Click image for larger version

Name:	F4492D7F-1864-4E88-9738-EAE2866B8E51.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	197906   Click image for larger version

Name:	71B858FC-8D49-4465-A0E7-B444057A637A.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	197907  
TeamChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:11 AM   #39

Looking for Dynamax's answer to Newmar's New Aire. A loaded RV on a small footprint.
drbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #40

Brian,

One limiting factor on the current design for off road boondocking is ride clearance especially with levelers.

If the design includes levelers look at how to change to improve clearance or look at a slight lift kit to improve clearance.

Thanks.

Tags
bed