Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #561

I actually went through and read all 560 posts. Had to take some breaks but it was a fun read...although I am a bit delirious.

Anyway, can someone clarify for me:

*I saw that the idea was to eliminate any sort of generator. Did this happen or is there still a generator. On the FB video I did not see what ended up being the verdict. I also read that the engine on the RAM would be the possible generator for the batteries which would run everything?

*At one point I read that the refrigerator would be a two way of only 9CF in size. I also noticed that on the build sheet for the 28SS that this is an option. So my question is did Dynamax end up going with a residential style fridge or?

*Rigid solar panels? That would be great. I also read that that may be an option vs. the flex panels? Any clarification here would be helpful.

*12Volt AC? Again, I read they were looking into it but if I read right it appears they went with the regular 15K BTU 120 Volt versions (which, by deduction, means there is indeed a generator?)

I am sure I will have more but that is all for now.

Thanks and Merry Christmas all!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:51 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I actually went through and read all 560 posts. Had to take some breaks but it was a fun read...although I am a bit delirious.

*I saw that the idea was to eliminate any sort of generator. Did this happen or is there still a generator. On the FB video I did not see what ended up being the verdict. I also read that the engine on the RAM would be the possible generator for the batteries which would run everything?

*At one point I read that the refrigerator would be a two way of only 9CF in size. I also noticed that on the build sheet for the 28SS that this is an option. So my question is did Dynamax end up going with a residential style fridge or?

*Rigid solar panels? That would be great. I also read that that may be an option vs. the flex panels? Any clarification here would be helpful.

*12Volt Solar? Again, I read they were looking into it but if I read right it appears they went with the regular 15K BTU 120 Volt versions (which, by deduction, means there is indeed a generator?)

As far as I know the generator is still there I believe it’s an 6 or 8 Kw. You have to remember this one is being built for mostly off grid or Boondocking so the propane 2 way fridge I believe is still the option. And I believe the flex panels are still the option because of the weight. CCC is still a lil concern
Jeep_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Life View Post
As far as I know the generator is still there I believe it’s an 6 or 8 Kw. You have to remember this one is being built for mostly off grid or Boondocking so the propane 2 way fridge I believe is still the option. And I believe the flex panels are still the option because of the weight. CCC is still a lil concern
I am with you. I just could not determine how all the decisions were made in the end.

If the two way fridge is an option I was wondering what is there to begin with...but all good. Great rig.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #564

Quote:
I am with you. I just could not determine how all the decisions were made in the end.

If the two way fridge is an option I was wondering what is there to begin with...but all good. Great rig.
It might be that the 9cf is the option if you want a smaller one. I thought the standard was a 12cf
Old 12-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #565

Quote:

*I saw that the idea was to eliminate any sort of generator. Did this happen or is there still a generator. On the FB video I did not see what ended up being the verdict. I also read that the engine on the RAM would be the possible generator for the batteries which would run everything? Comes with an 8kw Onan generator.

*At one point I read that the refrigerator would be a two way of only 9CF in size. I also noticed that on the build sheet for the 28SS that this is an option. So my question is did Dynamax end up going with a residential style fridge or? I think the default is the propane fridge but I think you can order the residential if you like.

*Rigid solar panels? That would be great. I also read that that may be an option vs. the flex panels? Any clarification here would be helpful. They are not rigid.

*12Volt Solar? Again, I read they were looking into it but if I read right it appears they went with the regular 15K BTU 120 Volt versions (which, by deduction, means there is indeed a generator?)

I'm no expert on all this but I've read some posts on here over the past two years that will answer some of your questions. There was a post on the FROG more than once from the GM (BC), and he explained that the factory has two assembly lines. One for the Big trucks and one for the Small trucks (Isata 3's). For manufacturing, and cost savings and for simplicity the big trucks get much of the same 'stuff' as they go down the line. The Isata 5's are built on the Big truck line. So for the number of 28SS' or for the number of 30' models they'll get the same solar panels that the DX 3's and all the other units on that line. So when a unit, I5, Force, DX3 or XL get's to the solar install station there is only one stack of parts to pull from. The solar would be the flexible version. I have 3 (100 watts each I think) and I like their output, they supply all my needs.

Hope this helps you. Merry Christmas!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #566

Thanks for the info!

From what I see on the Order Sheet in front of me, it looks like the 9 CF Two Way fridge is an option so is the 16 CF Residential Fridge the standard? I would think with 800 Watts of Solar and lithium batteries in the Xplorer Package, along with a generator, I would think there is plenty there to handle the draw of the residential fridge.

My wife wants the larger fridge since she is more of a glamper than a camper. I don't mind the extra cold storage in the residential fridge.

And I meant to say 12 volt AC, not solar. Looks like they stuck with the regular AC units. Not a big deal, just wondering.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #567

In my mind... I would order the Explorer package and the dual fuel fridge OR skip the explorer package and get the large residential fridge.

When you are driving down the road it's super nice to have the fridge not drawing power from an inverter. The propane fridge means you never really have to worry about warm beer.

When you have a residential fridge the second you unplug the motorhome you have to start a countdown to warm beer (salad, chicken, whatever else lol) Or you start the generator or start drawing down the batteries. It's just a constant energy suck. The propane fridge uses so little comparative energy (propane) that it's almost magic.
SteelStef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:48 PM   #568
Commercial Member

28SS does NOT come with a residential fridge. Only the 9 cu ft lp fridge.

I just altered the price sheet last week to reflect “9 cu ft RV fridge” as standard on the 28SS, not optional.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
28SS does NOT come with a residential fridge. Only the 9 cu ft lp fridge.

I just altered the price sheet last week to reflect “9 cu ft RV fridge” as standard on the 28SS, not optional.
Ah so...good to know BC. I need to get meself an updated order form.

So Fridge will run off electric (120v) and propane but not 12v?

Thoughts on a Three way fridge so you can use 12v? Or is it not really worth it?
Old 12-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #570

Quote:
Ah so...good to know BC. I need to get meself an updated order form.

So Fridge will run off electric (120v) and propane but not 12v?

Thoughts on a Three way fridge so you can use 12v? Or is it not really worth it?
As you are driving you can run the fridge on 110v off the inverter, with no risk for forgetting the fridge is on 12volt and discharging your batteries in a couple of hours. Then when you are dry camping just switch to gas, I think on Auto mode it will simply switch to gas on it's own when you power down.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #571

Silly me. Makes total sense. Just have to convince my wife that 9 CF is large enough. We are coming from an LTV that had only 6 CF and she was not a fan of the small size.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #572

Worst case add a dometic chest style in one of the storage bays. I have a 75L dual zone that will be transferred from my TT into my coach.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:40 PM   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Life View Post
Worst case add a dometic chest style in one of the storage bays. I have a 75L dual zone that will be transferred from my TT into my coach.
That is a good idea and what we did in the LTV since it was only 6CF.

Hoping to get to go to Tampa to check one out, get answers from those who are actually in the know (instead of sales people, who, myself being in sales, are generally pretty bad) and see one up close.

Thanks for the input!

Tags
bed