Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2021, 08:54 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
This could be a good discussion. I’ve always wondered why so many manufacturers have slides on both sides. I hate having slides on the camp side. My last diesel pusher had 4 slides and most of the time I left the living room slide on the camp side closed. When we sold that one and shopped for something new we didn’t consider any with camp side slides. I think people walk into them and and see how huge they look and that is the attraction and selling point. If you think about it though they just add floor space. Unless your hosting dance party’s inside I think the inconvenience far out ways the usefulness of the floor space. That’s my opinion and I’m interested in hearing what other people think.
Bill, I agree. Opposing slides offers big floor space. To me, wall space is what is valuable in an RV, because that’s where your storage cabinets, furniture, and appliances can be. Wide open floor is, like you say, good for dance parties, but I don’t know what else.

We value the awning covered outdoor patio space greatly; after all we are camping so we can spend a lot of time outside. Slides on the patio side cut into the patio space, shorten the awning, and make basement compartment access difficult. For that reason, slides on the camp/patio side were forbidden when we shopped for our motorhomes.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #222

Never know where the party might be. [emoji1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Anything is possible, but that just increases bedroom space...which is the last place you are hosting a dance party. Unless you're into that sort of thing.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #223

Why do you miss the over the cab bed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
We love the opposing slides in our 3801 TS. Makes it feel more like home. Pop the TV up, put on a movie, turn on the fireplace and we are good to go. We’ve hosted several breakfast and dinner gatherings with six or more people and the extra room makes it feel much less crowded.
The good news is Dynamax makes ‘em to suit just about every preference. There is not a bad choice, only the one that makes you happy.
Our only issue after 2 1/2 years and a lot of nights on the road, we wish we had gotten the cab over option. Never thought we would need or use it. Oops.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:38 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Why do you miss the over the cab bed?

When we purchased the coach we didn’t expect we would have adult overnight guests. Assumed it would only be the grandkids. Bad assumption. I have done two ”boys” trips with a couple of my buddies and we have done two couples trips so far. The fold-out couch has worked, but getting up early to take the dogs out disturbs those on the fold-out. Over the cab would have given our guests a higher degree of privacy and would have been more comfortable than the fold-out. Not the end of the world, but would have been more convenient, with the added bonus of some additional storage when we don’t have guests.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
When we purchased the coach we didn’t expect we would have adult overnight guests. Assumed it would only be the grandkids. Bad assumption. I have done two ”boys” trips with a couple of my buddies and we have done two couples trips so far. The fold-out couch has worked, but getting up early to take the dogs out disturbs those on the fold-out. Over the cab would have given our guests a higher degree of privacy and would have been more comfortable than the fold-out. Not the end of the world, but would have been more convenient, with the added bonus of some additional storage when we don’t have guests.
We did some trips a few years ago in our 40’ pusher. 5 couples including us. 5 Harleys in the trailer. On travel days we camped at hotels and Carol and I stayed in the coach. At destination stops we found campgrounds close to Hotels. We never slept more than 2 in the coach. Everyone very much enjoyed the trips and everyone had there privacy and showers at night.
I spend a month and a half in Wyoming every summer. The wife doesn’t come on this trip. I meet a couple buddy’s out there. I stay at a Forrest service campground, and they stay nearby in cabins. We fish and hike and get together for most all meals, sometimes at the campground, and others at the cabins.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:14 PM   #226

Short M2 to downsize into

We are currently in a 40 tag axle diesel pusher with Cummins ISM, 450 HP and 1450 Tq, big Aquahot unit (600 series), residential fridge.

Fully loaded in our 40' for fulltiming, 2 on board, full fuel and water 36,500 pounds. Tow a 5,000 lb Grand Cherokee on top of the 36,500 (41,500 total).
42,000 GVWR, 52,000 GCWR.

What we would want to downsize (a few years from now), is M2 106/112, 35' max length, aquahot, residential fridge,washer/drier and DD8 or cummins ISL minimum engine.

No opposing slides as we want to be able to access length of rig with slides in (fridge and bathroom especially). Has to have both a dinnette and a sofa or love seats.

Strongly prefer a combo washer drier versus seperates (for additional cabinet storage space).

We have zero use or desire for outside TV/entertainment center. Not sure if that can be deleted on a build?

"Might" even consider a Isata 5 30 FX if we stop fulltiming and travel less.

Just our input on preferences for a shorter rig.
DRW907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #227

We have an M2 with opposing slides and we can still access the entire coach with both slides in while we are on the road, no problem. Bathroom, refrigerator, easy access. We love the openness when we are down for the night.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed