Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #1
2022 Dynamax Isata 3

Shower water will not get hot

Is there anyway to adjust the temperature on the shower valve on a dynamax isata 3. Water is very hot at both kitchen and bath sinks but shower only gets lukewarm.
MrB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Team

If you have an outside shower, make sure the valves are shut off.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Also make sure the water heater bypass is set the right way.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:54 AM   #4
2022 Dynamax Isata 3

The water at the kitchen sink and at the bathroom sink are both very hot. Is there a separate setting for the shower?
Old 03-13-2022, 12:09 PM   #5
2022 Dynamax Isata 3

Also I have a separate problem with the water pump. When I turn the pump on it runs for about 10 seconds and stops. When I turn on any faucet hot or cold water runs for about 2 seconds then slows to a drip. Turn faucet off pump builds pressure about 10 to 15 seconds then stops. Turn faucet on water runs for a second or two then slows to a drip. All of the faucets work as the should on city water (with the exception of the lukewarm shower)
Old 03-13-2022, 12:51 PM   #6

There's usually a little push valve on the shower wand to temporarily stop the shower. If left in that position and both handles are On it will mix the hot and cold water in the entire system down stream from there. Check the little push valves on all shower wands are Off and all shower knobs are Off.

Check your water pump inlet. Many have a Tee valve that allows sucking antifreeze into the system for winterization (rather than fresh water) and it may still be set for that use. Or a valve at the freshwater tank is Off. (Assuming there's water in the tank. )

-- Chuck
Old 03-13-2022, 03:11 PM   #7
2022 Dynamax Isata 3

Still have issue with with lukewarm shower but solved the issue with water pump. Pulled the pump filter it was full of black debris. I think probably fibers from drilling the tank during construction?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73C49742-DD8A-4DA0-BFF7-20523D35FA15.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	270024  
Old 03-13-2022, 05:40 PM   #8
Commercial Member

As was mentioned above....
1. make sure outside shower is not ON, but paused at the head.
2. Pull out the bottom drawer, you should be able to see the water heater bypass. The shower and kitchen sink are not on separate systems...but it could still be warmed at the sink. (to pull the drawer, pull it as far out as it will go which will expose two small black plastic levels in the drawer guide. Once side goes up, one ide goes down, that will release the drawer)

IF, that checks out, then the next item would be to take a look at the shower valve. If it is a single level, it "could" be the mixing valve. It would not happen if you have a hot & cold line...but can with the mixing valve.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 03-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #9
2022 Dynamax Isata 3

Bypass is fine.
I do have a single valve. To get the shower handle off it looks like I will need to remove the valve enclosure. I don’t see any set screws on the handle itself for traditional removal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F2A0462C-7BEF-4C79-99F2-38C74848620D.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	270031  
Old 03-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #10

As others said make sure both of the handles for the outside shower are off! This got me once on my old coach!

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:26 PM   #11

No hot water in 2022 Isata 5 28ss w/explorer package

As the title states I have no hot water in my shower. Let in run for several minutes with no luck. Welcome any suggestions.

-Outside shower is off
-Truma appears to be working fine
-Bathroom sink and kitchen sink both have hot water

Really would like to shower.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #12

I would look for any hot water in-line valve that is turned off. I’d start with behind the kitchen drawers. Next under the kitchen sink……..
Old 03-20-2022, 10:58 AM   #13

Having flow would eliminate a blockage or a valve issue. I'm guessing the sink and shower have the same hot water source. Did it ever have hot water or is it possible that it was plumbed wrong at the factory?
TacomaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 06:53 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Is this a new thing?

There is already another thread with just about the exact same question (luke warm water in shower).

If it is a new thing...something is not set right. If it has never had hot water...I wonder if there is an issue with the mixing valve for the shower. (not 100% sure if there is an adjustment)

Old 03-21-2022, 09:02 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Admins....is there any way we can get this thread merged with this other one?

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rm-247710.html

Maybe the title can read "Shower water will not get hot"

I think it might be the same issue on both items. The shower mixing valve.
There is normally a set screw or collar that sets the appropriate mix (on a single lever style faucet). It could be that this was set too low from the factory....but water pressure plays a huge part of this as well.

See attached items. (for some reason the upload feature does not seem to be working at 100%) I got the pdf to work, still working on the picture
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Shower Valve.pdf (201.3 KB, 91 views)

Old 03-21-2022, 09:03 AM   #16
Commercial Member

See last post here.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2711602

Old 03-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Is this a new thing?

There is already another thread with just about the exact same question (luke warm water in shower).

If it is a new thing...something is not set right. If it has never had hot water...I wonder if there is an issue with the mixing valve for the shower. (not 100% sure if there is an adjustment)
I've taken lukewarm showers before and cold showers before and this was COLD, not lukewarm. This was my maiden trip with my 2022 which I took delivery off a week before Christmas 2021. The dealer winterized it before I took delivery so I dewinterized it in my driveway before departing.

Unfortunately, I was a tad preoccupied with my LEAKING BLACK TANK to spend too much time initially searching for the solution to my lack of hot water in the shower. Yes, my brand new 2022 has a leaky black tank dump valve. The leak was clearly coming from the seam, so after a quick disassembly it was apparent that the inside gasket on my dump handle was pinched (almost in half). While I am annoyed I should be able to replace and fix that issue. Thankfully, I ran a practice dump with fresh water in my driveway so noticed the leak before anything "biological" was deposited. Also, discovered that my bathroom sink goes to my black tank, not gray.

Back to the shower. Truma AquaGo fired up quickly and I had hot water in the kitchen sink and bathroom sink pretty quickly, but while I had decent water pressure in the shower, the temperature never changed.

Would love more info on this "mixing valve" for the shower.

TIA,
SJ
Old 03-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #18

Quote:

There is normally a set screw or collar that sets the appropriate mix (on a single lever style faucet). It could be that this was set too low from the factory....but water pressure plays a huge part of this as well.

See attached items.
Thanks! Sorry, I am a slow typer!
Old 03-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #19
Commercial Member

No hot water in 2022 Isata 5 28ss w/explorer package

Well, uploading an image is not working. PDF is up. I tried to put the shower valve pic in its own post (didn't work) now trying MD Edge instead of Chrome.

Also not working. When I hit "upload" it just locks up. (can't reach page)Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	270358

Ok. Seems to be working from the phone app

Old 03-21-2022, 10:14 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:

See attached items. (for some reason the upload feature does not seem to be working at 100%) I got the pdf to work, still working on the picture
Threads merged and re-titled.
Site Team

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 68; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, show, shower, water