Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

Slide issue

I have a 2017 DX3 RB.
Everything’s was working fine when I
left left on a trip yesterday. First place I stopped at everything worked good and the next morning the large slide with with two motors (the dinette and the couch) retracted perfectly. The two back slides one on each side are cable driven and would not come in.
Batteries are good, even ran the Generator for a while and had the engine on. Batteries test as topped off.
Does anybody know exactly where the fuses are for these two slides? They don’t show on the screen when I check the fuses inside the kitchen cabinet. They also don’t show up as being a fuse in the inverter basement storage. any help would be greatly appreciate it.
PS I was able to bring them both in manually. Once I figure out what went wrong, will I have to reset the stops on both sides because I brought them in manually?
Coopers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #2
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers8 View Post
I have a 2017 DX3 RB.
Everything’s was working fine when I
left left on a trip yesterday. First place I stopped at everything worked good and the next morning the large slide with with two motors (the dinette and the couch) retracted perfectly. The two back slides one on each side are cable driven and would not come in.
Batteries are good, even ran the Generator for a while and had the engine on. Batteries test as topped off.
Does anybody know exactly where the fuses are for these two slides? They don’t show on the screen when I check the fuses inside the kitchen cabinet. They also don’t show up as being a fuse in the inverter basement storage. any help would be greatly appreciate it.
PS I was able to bring them both in manually. Once I figure out what went wrong, will I have to reset the stops on both sides because I brought them in manually?
Not sure on your unit, but our cable slides will not work with the ignition turned on. Try turning off the key and see if they work.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Not sure on your unit, but our cable slides will not work with the ignition turned on. Try turning off the key and see if they work.
^^Yes, try this.^^

The cable slide system is a different MFG from the front slide and their "installation requirements" are different from the other MFG. I would have preferred that we contact the cable slide people and get an exception so they can be the same, but I think we just installed them per the recommended style (one wants the engine and one does not).

Going forward, we have talked about changing over the rear slide to the slim-rack, which would make it the same MFG as the front slide and they should operate the same.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #4

Slide issues

Thanks for replies MasterBlaster and bclemens.
This morning before I got on the road
I was able to trace the electric wires for one of the motors back to the control board.
It was in the inverter compartment(which I said it wasn’t).
I was able to reset the controller and both slides retracted and the stops were still set. When we landed this evening both slides went went out and the out stops were still set.

The Precision Circuits Inc control board has a printed warning that says ignition must be on when you to operate the slides. I tried it with the ignition off and the slides would not work. Started the engine and they worked.

Thanks for the replies and all the help I have gotten from reading this forum.

Most of the the time I find the answer by searching and just wanted everyone who takes the time to post to know there knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Coppers8
Coopers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #5
Retired Army Paratrooper

Glad it all is working fine.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide