Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
I just wish I could leave the engine running while I retract the jacks!
Odd, my jacks will retract with the engine running, but they will not extend. Guess that seems right to me as you certainly would not want them to accidentally extend while moving.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:15 PM   #182

Question - with voltage being such a sensitive factor in the slides, why route the power all the way to the fuse panel and back? Why not a direct run inside the electrical bay to the slide controller? Just pick up via a stand-alone fuse on the output of the solenoid switch. On my 28ss that would be about 3 versus 20+ feet. That would be the same as increasing wire size by two (12 to 8) for a 3% circuit. (I have to presume it is a 3% critical, not 10% non-critical, since it is so sensitive).

May not help as much for the rear slide on 34 (although I do not know where that controller lives), but should help the front slides.

Edit: power goes to the fuse panel in a #6, comes back in a #12, so the improvement is not a full two sizes, maybe one.
Desert Boat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide