Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #241

Hi.
Thanks for quick response. After Turkey dinner I let plug in stay, started the genny and started the coach. I let all 3 run for bout 10 minutes (which I did prior 3 times)while I screwed in in/out panel cause I was loaded with turkey and wanted to call it a day. Remember I moved back panel to front with same result. Turned everything off,( gen and coach) looked up at panel and said (“what the heck!) and hit the out button……movement! In and out both started working. IDK what happened but it did. Bad wire, bad luck, bad switch? Who flipped knows but oh well. Really have seen many posts on these slide outs with problems. Maybe an upgrade switch?
Till the next time….Happy Holidays!
D3ano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #242
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ano View Post
Hi.
Really have seen many posts on these slide outs with problems. Maybe an upgrade switch?
Till the next time….Happy Holidays!
You will really only ever see posts with problems. Those without problems typically do not post.

Once we posted the video on how to reset the slide stops, our calls and complaints about slide issues fell probably 95%.

If I had to put a number on actual slide issues (barring LCI's recall), it would be maybe 2%? People will also "multi-post". They will post on FB, as well as various forums trying to get a solution so it ends up artificially multiplying the problem.

From my end...my warranty complaints, calls, dollars, etc are all down year over year. (knock on wood). In a time when people are complaining about decreasing quality, ours continue to improve. I can't speak for every single supplier...but overall if we see a problem with a supplier, we find a new one.

It does take time to weed out the bad ones unfortunately.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #243

Hi.
I understand. Guess all in all that would be correct. Random I guess. Still I must say that so far very pleased with your product and Isata3. I really can’t wait to get it on a big road trip and open it up for the full travel experience.
Appreciate the quick response bclemens. FR is lucky to have you as we owners are also.
Happy Holidays!
D3ano
Old 12-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #244
MN1

Different Switch on new Isata 5?

I see a lot of information about resetting the slide and in the interest of being prepared I was doing some research about it. However our new Isata 5 has a different switch. Any one else have this style? What is the procedure for this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3629.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	266337  
MN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:23 AM   #245
Commercial Member

That is an "auto adjusting" version. I have never seen one lose a setting. To set them, it is just "press and hold" for two seconds in (after it is in) and the same going out, after it goes all the way out, hold for an additional 2 seconds

Old 12-02-2021, 12:28 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That is an "auto adjusting" version. I have never seen one lose a setting. To set them, it is just "press and hold" for two seconds in (after it is in) and the same going out, after it goes all the way out, hold for an additional 2 seconds
can older (2021) style units be converted to the auto adjusting version???
Old 12-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #247
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
can older (2021) style units be converted to the auto adjusting version???
No. This conversion requires a new harness and new controllers.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:38 AM   #248
MN1

Thanks Brian, I was just curious why mine was different.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #249
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN1 View Post
Thanks Brian, I was just curious why mine was different.
It has brothers. We ran a batch to test some things out.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:24 AM   #250
MN1

Well, the slide has made it in and out 3 times so far with no problems if that helps with your research!
Old 12-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #251

Great Thread!! My Dad just purchased an 18 DYnamax Isata 3 and I am helping to learn everything about it. I have owned several bumper tow RVs and several 5th Wheel toy haulers, this is the first driving RV I have owned, well its my Dad's but will be using it occasionally Anyway, We were dealing with the slide just yesterday as it wouldn't go out. Mt Dad said it did it a few weeks ago and he "Googled" and did a reset behind the actual switch. This did not work this time. I plugged the coach in and whalla, it slid open and closed. Im guessing the coach batteries were low and am currently leaving it plugged in. We are taking out for a 3 day trip next week and I am reading and researching on as much as I can learn about this Dynamax. Love it so far!!! THX!! Hope the slide keeps working!!!! I also have heard the parking brake needs to be set and maybe the motor running and or the gen?
smittys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #252

Slide doesn't work, can't clear fault

We have a power gear switch, lippert control panel model 700157. Flashes 1 green light, 7 red, which the control panel in our unit says 'Calibration required'. Tried resetting control panel(unplugging a motor...), resetting stop points. Neither of which were successful. It is stuck in currently. We have gotten it to go out a couple times in this adventure by unplugging one of the motors, unplugging and plugging back in both the inside switch and the outside control panel. I keep searching for the magic bullet but haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?
dhauschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:07 PM   #253
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhauschel View Post
We have a power gear switch, lippert control panel model 700157. Flashes 1 green light, 7 red, which the control panel in our unit says 'Calibration required'. Tried resetting control panel(unplugging a motor...), resetting stop points. Neither of which were successful. It is stuck in currently. We have gotten it to go out a couple times in this adventure by unplugging one of the motors, unplugging and plugging back in both the inside switch and the outside control panel. I keep searching for the magic bullet but haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?
Model and year of coach?

If that is a slim rack controller, then you do not reset it by unplugging a motor.

This video will explain what to do.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:47 PM   #254

Slide issues

What can I say

We had tried this procedure multiple times to no avail. Not only that but we were familiar with this process as we have had to do it on previous units.

I went out to try one more time to make sure I had everything documented correctly and it worked. You are a miracle worker from afar!

Our unit must be shut off to put the slide out. Can we change it so the motor has to be running?
2019 Isata 3 24FW

Thanks!
dhauschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #255
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhauschel View Post
What can I say

We had tried this procedure multiple times to no avail. Not only that but we were familiar with this process as we have had to do it on previous units.

I went out to try one more time to make sure I had everything documented correctly and it worked. You are a miracle worker from afar!

Our unit must be shut off to put the slide out. Can we change it so the motor has to be running?
2019 Isata 3 24FW

Thanks!
You can always run the gen to operate the slide...I'd hate to go messing with lock outs. I know we did some instructions to take it from engine lock out to E-brake lock out...or something like that. Posted on this forum.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:38 AM   #256
Pud

Cool Anyone have the older version HWH 325 jack and slide out system ?

Thanks for reading this, does anyone have knowledge of the 2005 Dynaquest HWH 325 system ?

I had a slide out problem soon buying new 264SL Dynaquest 2005 in '05 near Boston (Middletown).

Soon took it to Elkhart (before 2007 financial crash) for slide-out problem, parked out back with hook up and guest TV room inside. Anyway, warranty put in new hydro hose for slide out (fixed SAT too) and on my happy way back to Pa.

Several years go by and I'm on way to Rehoboth Beach and I hear a machine gunner under RV ! No, wasn't near East Balto., true machine gun sounds under RV. Pulled out and found hydro line (in pieces wrapped around the prop shaft ! About hr later got all pieces off. Back to trek to beach thinking well no slide out this trip.

But alas, took to local Pa. RV shop ad they spoke with Dynamax (after they were sold following finance crash) and they said opps, didn't former Dynamax remove the leaking hydro hose, and NOPE, former Dynamax left the old leaking hydro hose onboard ! It became dislodged and ripped some electrical wires that control jacks and slide out.

This gets more crazy !

I asked RV shop in Pa., can you forget about fixing the Jacks wiring and leave me with a least Slide-Out functioning, and they said OK. For several years slide out worked and I had lights again over slide-out and reading light too.

But now in 2022 I have no slide out, HWH rebuilt the logic board ($850). Fixed one logic board connector that I damaged taking board of HWH Island and I find cut red wire to one connector label "acc" (pin-6 of 8-pin black logic connector). HWH told me I need to fix that connector as the board won't work with no 12v. Funny thing it slide out was working somehow without logic power until 2022.

This AM voltmeter test (brake ON, Key in accessory position) reveals 12v+ to fat hi-amps HWH relay that sits near rear of HWH 325 Island, anyone know what I need to short to extend the slide out ? And retract as well ? I promise not to electrocute myself.

Fat hi-current relay and solenoid attached (cut wires too).

Thanks,
Patrick (Pud) 2005 small bed in back Dynaquest 264SL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fat relay.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	275154   Click image for larger version

Name:	slode out solenoid.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	275156   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutwires.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	275157  
Pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 03:11 PM   #257

Manual slide in and out Video

Hi Bclemens. Thanks for your time. Is there video showing how to manually push slideouts if there is a mechanical failure. Speaking for everyone I think nobody wants to be stuck at a campsite with this happening. I rolling with a 2018 Isata 3 for reference.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #258
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ano View Post
Hi Bclemens. Thanks for your time. Is there video showing how to manually push slideouts if there is a mechanical failure. Speaking for everyone I think nobody wants to be stuck at a campsite with this happening. I rolling with a 2018 Isata 3 for reference.
No, there is not.

Our video shows you how to put it into manual mode and operate the motors manually which takes care of 99.9% of all issues. The last resort option is to push the motors (that are the brakes as well) up out of the column and then physically push them in, but then you would need to cut some 2x4's to keepo the slide in at that point.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:51 AM   #259

Ok. Thanks

Deano
Old 07-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #260

Hi Brian,

I own a 2022 Europa and have had issues with my living room slide out since I purchased it in early April. The motors seem to slow down (as if meeting a lot of resistance) in the very last inch or two before the slide out is fully retracted. We often give it a manual assist to get past that point. At some point the system through an error and we had to go through the procedure outlined in the video you posted. We had to repeat that procedure several times during a cross-country trip from CA to FL. Just yesterday we were trying to extend the slide out and we again got the same sync-required error. This time when I cleared the error code and tried to reset the stops, the #1 motor is completely unresponsive.

We recently relocated to Florida. The nearest dealer is on the other side of the state and can't see us until Sept 1. I would like to attempt to fix this myself. Any tips on diagnosing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ed
elhoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide