Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2022, 12:06 PM   #261
Commercial Member

Was responding on FB already...but this is a longer description that gives me a little more to go on.

My guess is that it is the hull sensor in the motor (syncing sensor) and it might have finally gone out completely. If it "just happened" that would be on thing (as the FB poster had), but it sounds likes yours was showing symptoms before it finally went out. (would be my guess).

I would reach out to service rep at Dynamax (contact us page) and see if they know of another dealer? Does not have to be Dynamax...could even be mobile, that could change out the slide motor.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #262

Wouldnt reset

I had to do one motor at a time using two people, one to work the switch ,and the other to watch that the room closed exactly the same time . I was off 1/4 inch ,and it would not reset. Once i did one motor at a time till they were equal it went ahead and reset
Justabricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:55 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Was responding on FB already...but this is a longer description that gives me a little more to go on.

My guess is that it is the hull sensor in the motor (syncing sensor) and it might have finally gone out completely. If it "just happened" that would be on thing (as the FB poster had), but it sounds likes yours was showing symptoms before it finally went out. (would be my guess).

I would reach out to service rep at Dynamax (contact us page) and see if they know of another dealer? Does not have to be Dynamax...could even be mobile, that could change out the slide motor.
Thanks Brian. I will do that first thing tomorrow.
elhoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:10 PM   #264

A different LCI failure mode - Resolved

Breaking camp this morning, started sliding in. About 1/2 way in, the forward motor stopped. Let go of the button before the slide got too far out of alignment.

First step was to look for something jamming the slide. Didn't see anything. (Hint - didn't look long enough.)

Forward motor would make a little clicking noise, but would not move. No error codes.

Tried resetting stops. No change.

Figure it is time to do manual retract.

Pull inside metal trim to access forward motor. Loosen retaining bolt. The LCI video shows a minus screwdriver easily sliding under the motor to raise it. Nothing I did would cause the motor to raise up. Finally figured the motor needed a little persuasion, so gave it a few minor taps with the persuader.

Wondering if the love taps have possibly awakened the motor, so try rocking it back and forth with manual control. A small piece of black rubber falls out from the mechanism and the motor starts working again.

I now know a lot more about the inside of the slide mechanism, but would still like to see the factory video referenced in posts 216 and 217, they now say "private" and they are not on the Dynamax YouTube channel. The LCI video is worthless, as they use a cut away model without any of the real world interferences.

I never succeeded in getting the motor to rise up and disengage the gear teeth. In retrospect, probably need something much thinner, with a strong knife edge, to start the motor separation. Maybe need to file down a screwdriver blade.

And as mentioned in post 145, the motor is not particularly aligned with the frame cutout, which interferes with trying to separate the motor. (Thought I had a picture, but will take one later when I bring the slide in to reinstall the trim.)

And I guess on the 28ss the only route to the aft motor is via the outside trim.

Pictures show the offending piece of rubber and where I think it came from. I am pointing to a small existing piece below the gear, the missing piece is above the gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9305 Large.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	276775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9304 Large.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	276776  
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:15 PM   #265
Commercial Member

If it was coming in, it is likely under some pretty crazy pressure. Going the opposite direction for a second would likely free that up.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 07-21-2022, 09:24 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If it was coming in, it is likely under some pretty crazy pressure. Going the opposite direction for a second would likely free that up.
We tried in and out multiple times when it originally stopped, ensuring the slide did not get too misaligned with the other motor. The motor did not move in either direction. And I admit I should have spent more time looking for obstruction, including in the gears, before going on with troubleshooting.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:17 PM   #267

Slide out issue, 2016 Dynamax Iasta 3

A few months ago on a trip our slide out quit and was throwing a code 7. Called service to assist in AR. Called Lippert and a new controller sent but only able to manually retract and extend. When we arrived home took to another service company, they actually replaced the new controller with my old one fortunately I had saved, they put in a jumper wire for the parking brake and the slide out worked again, we had also replaced the touch pad inside. The slide out worked 4 more times no problems. Now it will not work again! It is showing the code 4 motor failure. Called the second service center they had me do several plug and unplug of the wire connections. Motor # 2 is not functioning, when evaluating found I could not see the wire harness it appears to be smashed in the slide out as it is extended.
Does anyone have ideas how to access this motor wire harness? I have tried several times but can’t see the wires! There is a flat piece of metal holding the rubber to the side of the RV that is silicones to the RV do not feel comfortable removing this metal to see if I can reach into the motor.
Any suggestions?? Help please
schnell263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:23 PM   #268

Pretty sure they access the motors and harness by removing the trim inside the RV.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:04 AM   #269
Commercial Member

This is correct. The motor harness runs inside trim/seal on the inside surface of the wall.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:55 AM   #270

Continue slide out issue

I took advice from forum and we removed trim and then encounter a white metal plate, removed all screws from the plate. Have applied prying to remove this white plate but it will not come off. When we looked outside on slideout it appears the white plate is possibly has more screws that we are unable to reach with the slide out in the position it is. I am attaching a picture { i hope so you can see the plate}
Please would like to travel again one day. Can not figure out how to load picture
Old 09-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #271

Was able to reach motor #2 from outside

After giving up trying to reach motor from the inside, we removed the rubber outside and reached the motor disconnected and reconnected and we ran it in and back out manually to set the stops. when putting back trim the inside board starting throw the code 4 again and unable to retract manually. Decided to walk away as frustration was too much. Any ideas??? Would be so appreciative.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #272
Commercial Member

I'd have LCI tell you where to take it, other wise you are just replacing more parts.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #273

Good afternoon, thanks for forwarding this thread. I have finally access my #2 motor from the outside, it looks like the photos earlier in this post. We had tried to access from the inside but came to a solid piece of metal under the trim. We unscrewed all accessible screws but the white metal was solidly attached. We did try to pry this white metal trim but unable to disengage it. But was able to retrieve the wire harness from behind the motor as noted before that I did not have the same amounts of wire harness as the front motor. Believe the wire harness for the motor had become trapped between the motor and the white metal piece inside and something is damaged or cut within the harness wires. Since I succeeded in bringing the slide out in we are not moving it again and taking it to a repair shop for further evaluation. The only way on my 2016 Dynamax Iasta 3 is to access motor from the outside. Thanks so much for all your information and help.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:32 PM   #274

I keep getting lost in this forum. I saw Another thread from many years ago that looked just like my motor and slide out that you were included in. The pictures were very helpful. Thanks
Old 09-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #275

Found it on page 8 of this thread from David Mort, 7-23-2020. The pictures there are what mine looks like.
Thanks B Clemons I appreciate all your input. Where do I find the video on replacing that motor?
Old 09-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #276

2018 Isata 3 slide issues

I saw Mr Clemens’ YouTube video on the Lippert Power Gear slide reset. Our 18 Isata 3 has two slides (back and side). Last week neither would close, being stuck open in our RV garage. I’ve communicated with Danielle at Dynamax and Nick at Lippert and viewed every video I can find.

Lippert walked me through the reset process and we were successful in retracting the rear slide. Unfortunately the living room slide doesn’t budge. The green light on the slide control panel won’t illuminate, therefore—per the instructions I cannot reset it as it calls for a solid red and flashing green light to clear faults and start the reset. The red light blinks 4 times. Looking at fault 4 it says the issue is a loose wire, bad motor or fuse. I went to the fuse box and none of the fuses are labeled slide.

We can’t drive it as is and the nearest service center (100 miles away) has been unresponsive. I can’t find any help with my specific issue. I am assuming the batteries are fine as were able to close the rear slide. Thanks.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #277
Commercial Member

You will likely need a mobile repair guy. I'd bet the brake is seized up...tapping it with a hammer might help.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:42 PM   #278

Isata 3 slide issue

Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure what seized brake you are referencing. We assume you talking about a brake on the slide? We can’t even find info on where the actual slide motors are located on the Isata 3.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide