Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #101

I leave my full slide out all summer at the lake cabin, and while it is in storage in my garage in the winter, it is usually out about half way. In fact, the only time it is in is when we are traveling. I have had no issues with my ISATA 3 or two prior travel trailers with slides.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #102

Slides won't come in

All-
I have had my Isata 5 on shore power for about the last 3 weeks. I kept it on shore power, started the motor and went to run the slides in and nothing. I'm getting a red fault light and also a green flashing light. I show good power at the batteries. They worked fine 3 weeks ago and it's interesting that both slides are behaving the same way. Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks,
Todd
buffwso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #103

Just read some previous posts, I think I need to push the reset button for 1 second on both. I had some low voltage awhile back but don't recall trying to operate the slides but I'll try the reset anyhow.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #104

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL. Slide Issue

Seems that our Thanksgiving outing will need to be cancelled due to slide issues.
Have an Isata 3 2017, which from before receiving has had issues. After a while, you leave home to relax, with the anticipation of having issues.
Had this same issue early on a couple of times, which was resolved by dealer.
This time due to holiday, and previously paid park stay etc, decided to try and resolve myself, so far without success. Here is what I've done so far:
My unit is a slimrack programmable model 404183. First my batteries were runed down from not running for an extended period Aprox 3 Months (out of Country), replaced both with new ones ($550), and still nothing, read all manuals, instructions, some blogs, and nothing. When I tried following some of the leads and instructions, nothing coincided. Example, most say ideally have engine, and or power plant running to assist batteries, when I did that not only did I not get any LED code lights to go off, but still nothing happened. I then tried applying and releasing emergency brake hoping that perhaps it wasnt properly applied, again nothing: next I tried shutting off vehicle and leaving power unit only on, I got alternating red and green LED flashing once each. I tried pressing on the reset botton in back of control panel as Mr. GM suggests (for 1 second to prevent a total stops rest), nothing happened, not even lights went off. Finally I decided that my only option was to due the 5 second recommended by manufacturer to due manual over ride. this allowed be to manually get motor to work, only to find out just #1 or rear one was working. By the time I noticed, the rear was out about 1 foot, and not front, so now it will not move in either direction. HELP!!
Thank You ALL in advance, and Happy THanksgiving!!

Jose and Tere
ExFireFMFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #105
Commercial Member

When you push OUT on the slide in manual mode, are you sure you have the right motor buttons. There are two motors, so if you know which one is moving....try the other ones, one at a time to see which one is the other motor. If you run that one out to be even up, then release and press BOTH motors at the same time, then out.

There are four possible motor buttons. But only two are used.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #106

RE: ExFireFMFlorida

Jose-
I think you have to run each motor (2 of them?) independently. IE; you have to push the manual button while at the same time hold both motor buttons. At least, that's how my manual reads (Isata 5). However, i haven't tried it yet and my slides are still stuck out, albeit at home. Once home, I plan to try this tomorrow. The folks at Dynamax service are typically pretty helpful by the way. BClemons is as well.

Todd
Old 11-28-2019, 12:44 PM   #107

BClemens beat me to it. Guess he is working the holiday....a tell as to how great Dynamax customer service really is. Thanks to Dynamax team for quality customer service--a VERY rare attribute these days.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:01 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
When you push OUT on the slide in manual mode, are you sure you have the right motor buttons. There are two motors, so if you know which one is moving....try the other ones, one at a time to see which one is the other motor. If you run that one out to be even up, then release and press BOTH motors at the same time, then out.

There are four possible motor buttons. But only two are used.
Well yes, I pressed both #1 and #2 along with the "OUT" botton, and only one motor identified by illustration schematic as #1 (rear) moved. As logic would state, I then tried #2 individually, and even 3 and 4 just to say I tried all, but the "IN" botton, trying to balance slide, but nothing. As a matter of fact, I got a flashing red and green simultaneously at one time.

Sooooo, here is latest, I was able to after a 1 hour pause, able to reset again (a 5 second reset in back button), this allowed me to operate motor #1 (rear motor) in the "IN" position to retract slide. I then tried operating the other #2, which only made a humming sound, but would not move at all. I'm stuck.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #109
Commercial Member

Just a side note....you can't move IN when the slide tops are lost. Only OUT. Could be the motor is shot or it is so out of whack now, it is wedged. Might need some help pushing the one side OUT as you operate.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #110

slide not working

Quote:
Just a side note....you can't move IN when the slide tops are lost. Only OUT. Could be the motor is shot or it is so out of whack now, it is wedged. Might need some help pushing the one side OUT as you operate.
Brian,
I was actually able to get the one motor that worked to move back in, and now slide is in full IN position, however the other motor still only hums.
Why is it that the stops have to be done by a dealer only, why not have instructions for mechanically inclined individuals who are DIY type?
Old 11-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #111
Commercial Member

The stops don;t have to be done by a dealer...we show you how to set the stops in the slide out video

Old 11-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #112

Brian,
This post you have directs you to the online manual, but that manual is very basic, which only shows simple operating instructions. It discusses directional valves, which may be available on 2019 models, but not my 2017 model.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #113

Quote:
The stops don;t have to be done by a dealer...we show you how to set the stops in the slide out video
Brian,
Where can I find the slideout video, also I tried going to Lippert site and cannot locate. what is proper way to access motor, to test it (from the inside coach by removing seal?) I also saw yesterday a post by one of your guys which directed to a link which showed how to access motor, but I cant find it now. Videos showing how to are best to follow proper procedures, specially since there are so many different types of models and types of both RVs and slides.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #114
Commercial Member

https://dynamaxcorp.com/videos

there is a video on slide operation...we discuss resetting the stops.

Old 11-29-2019, 02:10 PM   #115

slide not working

Quote:
https://dynamaxcorp.com/videos

there is a video on slide operation...we discuss resetting the stops.
SO BRian,
After much more reading and trying, I dismantled the seal, took out motor, and while out I tested it and it still would do the humming, not even making an attempt to spin. obviously shot. I hope we can work something out with manufacturer, cause my unit is a 2017.

Thanks,

Jose
Old 11-30-2019, 05:21 PM   #116

Running the generator would power the 45 amp converter thus adding to the available power for the slide. CORRECT? I have been opening the slide in my garage leaving the 30 amp power cord connected. This should be enough? I would probably be way better by running the engine to have full output of the alternator available for the slides! CORRECT, in your opinion???????????? thanks leonard 2019 ISATA 3 24 FW
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #117

Yes. Being plugged into shore power should be sufficient if your batteries are at least 80% charged. It all has to do with the state of charge (SOC) on the batteries at the time you operate the slide. When you start the engine or fire up the generator, the voltage goes up quickly and may look good, but the batteries may be low. In other words, the voltage may not initially reflect the SOC of the lead acid batteries. If the batteries are low, you may want to run the generator or the engine for 15 - 20 minutes before you use the slide.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #118

slide motor correct info

I would like to know the complete nameplate info of my slide motors. I do not want to take the seals apart to find out. We have a 2019 Isata 3, 24FW. I have attached the vin number of our motorhome to help identify what we have. Thanks leonard
I would like to have a spare motor. I do not know if this one has a brake or not. I know some do so I need to be sure!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	220043  
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #119

Isata 3 Slide not completely closing

When closed the slide on my Isata 3 stops about half an inch from touching the rubber seal on the bottom of the slide. The dealer (North Trail) has approval from Dynamax for a fix. Here is what they sent me:
"CAUSE: Confirmed that the bottom of the full wall slide does not fully close at the bottom. Need to remove slide room from the coach, Install 4 new
Thor adjustable rollers on floor as far inward as possible with slide room extended, then reinstall slide room then reassemble."

A friend with an Isata 5 had a similar issue. The fix was to install additional rollers. These new rollers come across the flooring when slide is brought in. They require mats where slide rolls over the floor to prevent damage. It is a real nuisance for them. I wonder if that is what Dynamax is suggesting for me.

Anyone have any experience with this?
first rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #120
Commercial Member

No, not the same. Can you shoot me the last 6 of your ViN? I’d also like to have our guys look at this again. Normally that is just a slide top adjustment. Sometimes, they adjust those rollers to touch, not realizing that the inside rollers are already touching.

Tags
slide