Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #21

Hi Brian—
I just began experiencing a problem with my Isata 4 dining room slide today. It opened on its own and now will not close. I purchased it from RV solutions in San Diego. Of course they are not open today in the service department and sales seem to know nothing about this persistent issue. VIN 1FDXE4FSXJDC40369. Low voltage light is on. Parking park is on It did this while running on generator in my drive way. Not very humid or moist here in San Diego. I hear it periodically make a noise like it is trying to work. Can’t move it to its parking spot for obvious reasons. Can you help get a switch replacement? Joyce
Olliame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
Commercial Member

I was on vacation this past weekend...but sent your info over to the warranty guys. Also, answered your PM.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #23

Slide issue

Mr Clemens,

I had this slide issue over a year ago. I tried to convey to all it was a switch issue but everyone was convinced it was the controller. You were nice enough to send me a controller which didn’t fix the issue. The dealer couldn’t look at my coach for 3 months. I decided to troubleshoot the issue and can tell you exactly what is going on. I hooked my volt meter to the motor side of the out switch. It read 0 at first but began to build up and when it reached 6 volts the slide would open. It wouldn’t close until I unhooked the out wire. I purchased a new switch and haven’t had any issues since. Hopefully I don’t jinx myself now. I bought the switch because the dealer said they couldn’t get a replacement until they determined the exact cause. I haven’t been back to dealer since.
Ccmebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmebane View Post
Mr Clemens,

I had this slide issue over a year ago. I tried to convey to all it was a switch issue but everyone was convinced it was the controller. You were nice enough to send me a controller which didn’t fix the issue. The dealer couldn’t look at my coach for 3 months. I decided to troubleshoot the issue and can tell you exactly what is going on. I hooked my volt meter to the motor side of the out switch. It read 0 at first but began to build up and when it reached 6 volts the slide would open. It wouldn’t close until I unhooked the out wire. I purchased a new switch and haven’t had any issues since. Hopefully I don’t jinx myself now. I bought the switch because the dealer said they couldn’t get a replacement until they determined the exact cause. I haven’t been back to dealer since.
I don't disagree....we have been complaining to them for some time. Their new controller they added a resistor or something so that it would take more than a "back feed" to activate. I still think that is a band aid, but we'll see what their testing yields. We have sent them parts that failed, then worked again once they were in conditioned space. I think there are some things we can do on our end as well to eliminate that switch and just use the multi-plex.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide