Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2019, 07:19 PM   #41

Mines the same as joet19711 in our 2015 DX3 bedroom. Different type of slide from two front ones.
Our front slides started moving on a whim of their own so I replaced both boards, both switches and also added master disconnects for same reason, if they developed a mind of their own again I can quickly kill power to them. Did all that in 2016. I haven’t had to use the kill switches yet.
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Correct, no controller board for the cable slide, that is by Norco.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #43

So pull the fuse or shut off the breaker under the bed for the rear slide out. Would that keep the motor locked in place?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #44
Commercial Member

In theory....but the rear cable slide doesn't really have a control board to get wet.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #45

In the end it was my switch that got wet I think. But still would be easy enough to remove that from the equation in a crisis.

Fuse could be an interesting alternative as well. Will have to do some digging to see if I can track it down.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired18whler View Post
Mines the same as joet19711 in our 2015 DX3 bedroom. Different type of slide from two front ones.
Our front slides started moving on a whim of their own so I replaced both boards, both switches and also added master disconnects for same reason, if they developed a mind of their own again I can quickly kill power to them. Did all that in 2016. I haven’t had to use the kill switches yet.
So your plan is to stop and disconnect if they act up? I'm torn between that and just making killing power part of my departure routine. It's not like it takes all that much effort and a slide deployment while underway in the wrong situation could prove troublesome. That said here we are over a year later and countless days of driving without issue so I'm on the fence.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #47

Mine haven’t moved on their own since the replacements, so I don’t don’t go thru the motions of disconnecting them before moving the rig.
The back bedroom slide doesn’t have a mind of its own, so I don’t do anything.
I thought of just unplugging the fuse on the two front slides, but in doing so I found out that sometimes reinstalling the fuse, the computer would loose its programming. I have not had the issue using the master disconnects. It may be because it is a cleaner on/off of the power.
This is with our 2015 DX3 anyways. Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #48

Now if the grandkids are staying in our unit I have disconnected slides after set out to have peace of mind since some are in sleeping bags on the floor and nudged up to slides.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #49

Yeah I think peace of mind is really the key here for when its necessary.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #50

Question. If you disconnect the power, does the system still remember the settings/stops? I am guessing it has some type of internal memory, but just curious if you have to reset the stops etc... everytime you cut power to travel.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #51
Commercial Member

cutting power never seems to be the issue. Its when you let the batteries die down to nothing or try to operate with low voltage. That seems to cause the stops to get wiped.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #52

On the living room slide? - No it doesnt forget. Disconnected to install the disconnect, then tested the disconnect and havent had to reset stops at all. Which is what makes this so viable I think.

On the bedroom? - I guess also no because there's no stops to program??
Old 05-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
On the living room slide? - No it doesnt forget. Disconnected to install the disconnect, then tested the disconnect and havent had to reset stops at all. Which is what makes this so viable I think.

On the bedroom? - I guess also no because there's no stops to program??
sounds like a good idea.

I am working on a little more "elegant" configuration. Ordered a continuous duty 300 amp 12v spst normally open contactor and a switch. Plan is to put the contactor in the feed line to the slide controllers and a control switch in the power tower. Press switch ON (which has a LED indicator red) then move slide in or out as needed then switch the control switch to OFF. Contactor will open the 12v feed to the slide control modules. Parts were less than 100 from WAYTECH
will get back with the results once installed.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Correct, no controller board for the cable slide, that is by Norco.
Off subject a bit but wonder why the norco cable system is still being used ? i see more people with issues with these cable operated slides then all others combined . seems to be a system taken from the middle ages cables and pulleys
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #55
Commercial Member

Super light weight and takes up almost no wall space. lol at the "cables slides have more issues than other slides combined". I think that is perception only. Reality is, I see very few issues.

Tags
led, slide, slide out