Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #1

Slide out question

We are on our 2nd weekend outing. The 30fw has a full wall slide. We knew there was an issue when we picked it up from the dealer but decided to take it, use it, log any additional issues that came up and have everything fixed at one appointment which was recommended by the dealer. So now, on this trip, the slide is not going out all the way. There is about a 3 inch gap between the wall and the seal inside the coach on both ends where before the front end seemed to go all the way to the seal but the back end did not. Now both sides are stopping short. We have one more weekend trip planned before we take it back to the dealer. Should we worry about this? Is there anything we can do in the meantime? The problem is that with the slide not going out all the way there is very little room between the foot of the bed and the wall and so very difficult to get to the wardrobe. What if it stops even earlier next time? We will have no access to the side of the bed other than crawling over it. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #2

If the slide is going out even and then stops it sounds like the slide stop may need to be adjusted. If it does stop all together you may need to use the manual feature to extend or retract read up on the procedure. the only real drawback I see to the slide to going all the way out is the possibility of bugs and water getting in.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:45 AM   #3

All you need to do is reprogram the stops. I have attached the manual. Make sure when you deploy the slides you are on gen or shore power. Low voltage is a major cause of this type of issue.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
All you need to do is reprogram the stops. I have attached the manual. Make sure when you deploy the slides you are on gen or shore power. Low voltage is a major cause of this type of issue.
Seems simple enough. We've never moved it without the generator or engine on so low voltage shouldn't be the cause. Since it seemed wonky when we picked it up from the dealer, (they said one of the gears was too tight, that's why both sides didn't go out the same amount and they'd need a week to fix it) I'll let them do it. Afraid if we mess with it and its not only the stops that need setting that we'll void the warranty. My concern was using it this way. But thank you so much for sending the manual. If it stops working altogether we'll have the instructions for manually moving it. We have one more trip planned before our return appointment to have them fix all the stuff we found needs attention.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out