Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #21

Cleared slide faults, but the slide motors fail to operate. I suspect a motor fuse may be issue. Checked the fuses i could locate but suspect there may be more. Any hints. GE3391 (2015). Thanks for the help so far.
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #22

We are new owners of a Force 34HDKD. No problems so far with the slides. Given this thread, is there anything I can do that would prevent a slide issue going forward? Brian, if and when you land on a definitive set of suggestions or solution possibilities, I think many of us would appreciate that data. Up here in Nova Scotia. Beautiful country. Thanks. jc
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #23
Commercial Member

We will update as soon as we know anything. We have been using the latest version of the controller since May.

And really, it has not been wide spread. Most times, I think the slide controller stops working. In worst case it can operate. In three years and maybe 3000 coaches, I have seen maybe 5-6 exhibit this. Which is why it is frustrating. If it was a definitive problem I feel like we would see more. Once we get some of these latest ones back we will have LCI investigate further. We have them back on it again testing

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #24

Thanks Brian. Sounds like a plan. This Force is tremendous. And talk about power on the highway. Yahoo!!
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #25

Hmmm, apparently this is not an "isolated" occurrence related to one or two units (8 identified in this thread alone), but a "common cause" related to component or design failure that affects some unknown number of units.

Unintended deployment of slides while driving is without question a safety hazard that could result in injury or death to either the occupants of the RV or other vehicle occupants and should be reported to the NHTSA. This is not a Dynamax issue, but an LCI issue (like firestone tires that caused ford so much grief)

Sorry, that is how I see it. I would be "freaking out" if my full wall slide deployed while driving @ 65MPH. (And I have the "Old" components)

"The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as “the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle.” A defect includes “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment.” Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:
  • Poses a risk to motor vehicle safety, and
  • may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture, or items of equipment of the same type and manufacture."

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recall...andRecalls.pdf

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #26
Commercial Member

1. I don't know that anyone said it was isolated.

2. While there are 8 identified in this thread, not all were operation on their own, but failure to operate...regardless, I don't like either.

3. You are "assuming" it has not been reported to NHTSA, it has. In fact Georgetown has a recall already in the field on an issue similar to this. LCI, did not feel the data supported a recall for us (due to the first few occurrences being water damaged), I disagreed with their findings, then started this thread to gather more data and force them to take another look. Which they are. Most times a dealer inputs the issue into our warranty data. And many just say slide malfunction without greater detail. So LCI was simply looking for the exact description "slide out operated in transit". there was limited data. I KNEW through conversations directly with retail customers, this forum...that it was more. So we broadened our search.

So no need to be sorry, I a fully aware of what we have here and have taken appropriate steps to correct them.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #27

Brian, YOU ARE AWESOME! You're right, I am the one who said it was not isolated. I say that based on 4 decades of QA/RA experience in doing failure Analysis and Corrective Action.

I only added this post so that anyone affected could report it. Thanks for the info on Georgetown, wouldn't have thought to look for it there. I still don't associate Dynamax w/Forest River and their other product lines.

LCI is at fault here NOT Dynamax, and your pressure on them is appropriate and kudos for forcing the issue for resolution. I would hope that LCI will repair/replace any affected components.

Thanks again for looking out for all our best intrests.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:12 PM   #28

Slide Issues

Brian,

The living room slide of our 2019 Isata 4 closed twice in the middle of the night. We took it to Camping World and they were unable to give us a definitive cause. The slide controller was replaced because the technician thought it might be overheating. Since then it has not done it again. Let me know if you need additional information.

John
Hiro36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro36 View Post
The living room slide of our 2019 Isata 4 closed twice in the middle of the night. John
I could see a child or pet being crushed and asphyxiated by an unintended retraction. In our Dynaquest the master bed touches the slide when the left side slide is fully retracted, (zero clearance).

While a slide not opening or closing is a major inconvenience, unintended operation (either in or out) is a significant safety hazard that LCI must immediately rectify. They should Immediately notify owners of this potential for serious injury or death.

I suggest all owners of Power Gear LCI slide systems who have had unintended slide operation experiences to immediately notify the company (both the RV mfg & LCI) of your experiences and report those experiences to the NHTSA.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #30

BTW. As this is a safety-related issue this should be made a STICKY. Moderators??

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
Old 08-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #31

Add one more

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-191617.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timecritic View Post
I made a post about my slide coming out down the highway. I have been working with dynamax to resolve this. I got the slide to go back in at 3am on a rainy moring. After this, I disconnected everything to keep this from happening again.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #32
Commercial Member

PLEASE, for everyone posting. I need the last (8) of your VIN so that we can note it and follow up. (Contact info would also be helpful if you are not the original owner). otherwise I can pull it from the file.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro36 View Post
Brian,

The living room slide of our 2019 Isata 4 closed twice in the middle of the night. We took it to Camping World and they were unable to give us a definitive cause. The slide controller was replaced because the technician thought it might be overheating. Since then it has not done it again. Let me know if you need additional information.

John
Can you get me last 8 of the VIN please?

Old 08-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethymae View Post
Dinette slide went in all by itself. We were able to reset through control panel buttons on the back.
Following week, after a heavy rain, both slide control panels were blinking red in the center and not working. We were able to reset again.
last 8 of the VIN please.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #35

Good point I'll make a complaint with NHTSA.
Hiro36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:26 AM   #36

How would I know when the controller was installed in my Dynaquest? We took delivery in early July. Do you have any idea of the serial number range yet?
Rightseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #37

Slide out does not go all the way back in

I have a dynamax istata 5 30 fw. JG183124 are the last 8 of the VIN
The rear bottom corner of the slide out sticks out about 2 inches when the slide out is fully retracted and it has still i picked up the unit my dealer (anthem rv in Phoenix Arizona ) they say they don’t know how to fix and recommend that i take it back to dynamax in Elkhart ?? It alway seems to work correctly in and out however it always ends up with the rear bottom corner out about 2 inch if i could figure out how to add a picture i would do that. I love the coach and have over 50K miles on it the slide has always worked however i have been worried that it may not continue to work worst case get stuck out and have not had time to get back to Elkhart What should i do???
Zoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #38
Commercial Member

Sounds like something is keeping it out, or that just the stops need to be reset. If you watch the slide video on our Youtube/Facebook/Dynamax web site it will show you how to reset the slide stops.

If everything is working, I'm not sure I would temp fate, but if it is bothering you, then you can adjust that rear section in a little bit more and reset the stop. Video explains the process.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #39

Isata 3 #H9740760
Believe you know about this. FWS stuck out 600 miles from home. Still at dealer trying to diagnose problem.
liswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #40

In all references to “Override mode” it mentions “take the unit to an authorized dealer”. Are you willing to post the troubleshooting procedure the dealers should follow ? I am the one most responsible for My RV. Reference previous PM. Original owner of GE3391
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, switch