Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #1

Slides - how tight is too tight?

After our recent slide fiasco the control modules replaced and by virtue the stops got reset. We were out this past weekend and when we packed everything up were a bit alarmed with how tight the living room slide comes in. I mean it really sits flush against the wall to the point where the seals are nearly flat. Definitely know it’s got a good seal but don’t want to damage anything by overcompressing them or putting additional stress on the slide. The bedroom one sits flush on the top with about a 1/2” gap on the bottom. That’s more similar to what I remember but now I may just be going crazy.

What’s the preferred tolerance? Do I need to adjust?
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #2

When I was at the factory last month my dinette slide was adjusted.

Bedroom slide was not adjusted, but they are exactly as you have

described. No problems so far. Maybe some one can also comment.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Depends on the slide out really. The M2 trucks have pretty big below floor slide motors. This can come in pretty tight...they don't have to, but because the rams are on the bottom, it has to have enough power to have the TOP hit first and then keep pulling for the bottom to then seal. Thats how those slides were designed.

NOW, for the In-Wall slide...that has (4) tracks so that the slide comes in evenly top to bottom. In that case stye use really light weight motors. Those will typically amp out before it comes in too far. Those will want to just compress the slide seals so that you know they seal The slide does not need to be touching the side of the coach. That seems to throw most people off as they are used to seeing these big diesel pushers with huge hydraulic slide motors that bring the slide in flush.

Its just two different types of slides...both have their quirks.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #4

So I don’t need to worry about my living room slide ripping itself apart because it came in too far?
Old 05-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I don't know that I said that. Close to flush is fine. If your start to see the outside or inside fascia start to tip....then it is probably coming in too far.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #6

Hmmm I think I definitely saw some flex. I recall it looking like it made flush contact and then went that extra little bit for good measure. Kind of like when a hydraulic ram starts to bind up and build pressure. Part of what made me nervous

Tags
slide