Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2022, 12:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcGoldstone View Post
A thought that might explain the mystery of how power got to the motors when the battery cutoff switch was OFF...
If the RV has a solar charge controller, could it have been wired into the DC power distribution system instead of directly to the House battery? If so, the battery cutoff SW would have no effect, as DC devices would still be powered by the solar system. It would take a lot of DC power to run the slide room motors but a large solar array could do so at high noon on a sunny day.

powering the House battery loads even when the Battery Disconnect SW is off?
Thanks, but I have no solar.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #42
Pud

Just a thought, can you id the slide out motor wires from inside the RV to perhaps a wall mounted control unit. Maybe you could jumper the slide out motor wires to a small 12v ATV battery that would energize the slide out motor.
I assume if you reverse polarity the slide out motor operates differently; retract versus extend ?

Patrick

2005 Dynaquest.
Pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #43

so what if you used a really long extension and a socket?
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:10 PM   #44

Just a FYI,

When my rear slide motor quit I also could not release the brake. I removed the motor from the slide mechanism and had a helper push on the rear and bumped the front motor from the controller. We got it in and happily moved down the road. After that I put in "kill solenoid and a control switch" due to others having problems with self deployments. Replace the motor and reset stops. Have had zero problems since. On the motor I took out, I found that the brake mechanism was rusted up due to a torn rubber seal over the brake arms. I removed the brake and keep the motor as a "spare".

FYI new motor for a 2018 slide from Lippert is around $750. ouch!
Old 03-15-2022, 08:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
Just a FYI,

When my rear slide motor quit I also could not release the brake. I removed the motor from the slide mechanism and had a helper push on the rear and bumped the front motor from the controller. We got it in and happily moved down the road. After that I put in "kill solenoid and a control switch" due to others having problems with self deployments. Replace the motor and reset stops. Have had zero problems since. On the motor I took out, I found that the brake mechanism was rusted up due to a torn rubber seal over the brake arms. I removed the brake and keep the motor as a "spare".

FYI new motor for a 2018 slide from Lippert is around $750. ouch!
I will be doing exactly this.