Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
Bigwave

Squeaks in Isata 3

Hi,

We have had our Isata 3 for a year. We have several squeaks while driving, even on slightly rough roads. The area around the dash and the overhead storage cabinets seems to be the problem ares. Does anyone have a way to find and correct the noises.
Thanks

Dave
bigwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

Hi Dave,

The most obvious one I found was the TV bracket in the front.

It has a pin that you pull down so that the tv can swing out. The pin is metal and so is the hole.

I have just put a very thin cloth (eye glass cloth) over the pin and made sure it still insert well into the hole (keep this clean people!!!!).

Dave
Ldhansenjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #3

My new ISATA 3 FW is fairly quiet except when first starting out. When pulling out of a campground or parking lot or service station there is a loud banging noise that seems to come from the left side of the coach directly behind the driver. It is like something banging on the slide. It is worse with any rocking motion and tends to disappear at highway speeds. I have searched and searched for the source and cannot find it. Any ideas?
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
My new ISATA 3 FW is fairly quiet except when first starting out. When pulling out of a campground or parking lot or service station there is a loud banging noise that seems to come from the left side of the coach directly behind the driver. It is like something banging on the slide. It is worse with any rocking motion and tends to disappear at highway speeds. I have searched and searched for the source and cannot find it. Any ideas?
That is most likely the Helwig sway bar, the mounting bolts might need to be re-torqued.

Instruction attached on the install. When you rock, either the slotted holes in the mounting brackets are sliding or maybe there is slop in the clevis.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 135007254 Installation.pdf (1.21 MB, 49 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #5

Thanks Brian. I'll check this out.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #6

Thanks everyone! That will be a squeak and a clunk less for us.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote