Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #1

Sticker shock?!

We just took delivery of our 2022 Isata 3 FW last Friday.
Today I was reviewing the door stickers and saw this...
Is this for real?
How can the cargo capacity be a negative number?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sticker3.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	268129  
DaktariEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #2

Looks to me like you're over GVW if you fill your fresh water tank. You'd have a little cargo capacity if the tank was empty.
stephndudb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #3

That's ridiculous! Who's going to drive the rig?
Without carrying any fresh water you've got 140kgs of CCC. 140kgs is approximately 300 lbs which would be a total weight for driver and passenger.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaktariEd View Post
We just took delivery of our 2022 Isata 3 FW last Friday.
Today I was reviewing the door stickers and saw this...
Is this for real?
How can the cargo capacity be a negative number?
what do the actual vehicle stickers say?

you have to work from those first, difference between your GVWR and GCWR will be your load capacity. that sticker is telling you that your fresh water weight when full is 132KG or 291 Lbs. this comes off the load capacity once you know it.
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper_Lucy View Post
what do the actual vehicle stickers say?

you have to work from those first, difference between your GVWR and GCWR will be your load capacity. that sticker is telling you that your fresh water weight when full is 132KG or 291 Lbs. this comes off the load capacity once you know it.

The other door sticker says "Dry Weight: 9976 LBS."
Looking for more...

Old 01-24-2022, 03:52 PM   #6

Found this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sticker4B.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	268134  
Old 01-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #7
Commercial Member

This is an issue on how Canada requires you to calculate your CCC. We are already aware and have made changes.
1. Canada requires you to subtract a full fresh water tank. The problem is you don't need to travel with full water and frankly you can get 100% out of it as we spec "tank size". There are some limitations due to drain and fill locations

2. It requires you to subtract 100% of the seat belt locations. Seatbelts for (6) but only travel with (2) doesn't matter.

This is not a Canadian unit...it should not even have the Canadian sticker, it just confuses people.

There should be a US sticker on the entry door jamb. Have you looked at that one?
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #8
Commercial Member

your US sticker should be around 800lbs based on that VIN
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 01-24-2022, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaktariEd View Post
The other door sticker says "Dry Weight: 9976 LBS."
Looking for more...

ok so you have a GVWR of 11,030 lbs and dry weight of 9,976

11,030 - 9,976 gives you pay load of 1054 lbs.

1,054 less 290 if you fill water 764 lbs

764 lbs less 2 people at 150 lbs 464 lbs of cargo

seems tight but better the a -49lbs.
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:30 PM   #10

As I recall from prior posts on this topic, the yellow sticker reflects the Canadian calculation of the CCC which is different than what is used in the USA. I think it may subtract for passengers.
If the GVWR is 11,030 lbs and the dry weight is 9,976 lbs, you should have 1,054 lbs to work with. As I recall you have to subtract the water from that number to get to the CCC (USA version). 1,054 - 290 = or about 764 lbs.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
This is an issue on how Canada requires you to calculate your CCC. We are already aware and have made changes.
1. Canada requires you to subtract a full fresh water tank. The problem is you don't need to travel with full water and frankly you can get 100% out of it as we spec "tank size". There are some limitations due to drain and fill locations

2. It requires you to subtract 100% of the seat belt locations. Seatbelts for (6) but only travel with (2) doesn't matter.

This is not a Canadian unit...it should not even have the Canadian sticker, it just confuses people.

There should be a US sticker on the entry door jamb. Have you looked at that one?

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll look for a US sticker later this week.
Right now RV is in storage...

Old 01-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #12
DBM

This may sound silly, but please help me out. What might actually happen if you exceed the CCC of the vehicle. I have an I3 with the leveling jacks and the over cab bunk. I carry a 350 lb motorcycle cantilevered out the back. I may have 2-3 people with me and a full water tank and it seems to drive exactly the same as if it was empty. Am I going to break in half ? ( tongue in cheek ). Pulled over by the CCC police ?
Seriously, I'd like to hear the ramifications please. Thank you. Dean
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
This may sound silly, but please help me out. What might actually happen if you exceed the CCC of the vehicle. I have an I3 with the leveling jacks and the over cab bunk. I carry a 350 lb motorcycle cantilevered out the back. I may have 2-3 people with me and a full water tank and it seems to drive exactly the same as if it was empty. Am I going to break in half ? ( tongue in cheek ). Pulled over by the CCC police ?
I have had no issues driving my I3 at or over the CCC, and I agree that the ride and handling have never been a problem.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:58 AM   #14

I did not have an I3, but had the MBS chassis (2018). I just ran 75psi rear, 70 front and never worried about the weight.

I used to run with 10 gallons of water but there is places I go (boondocking) that I need water so I used to fill up the fresh water near the destination.

I also had Sumo 1400 lb blocks (yellow) on the rear and sumo 1000 lb blocks (black) on the front. but the biggest improvement was the Fox 2.0 shocks on the rear that were re-valved by Agile Offroad just for the MBS motor-home chassis.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #15

Not sure if "motorhomes" are the same but regular vehicles like cars, pickups, and SUVs have a sticker noting the maximum load of passengers and cargo in the driver's door jam. Look for something like this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6721a.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	506.2 KB
ID:	268216  
Old 01-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #16
Commercial Member

If you are overweight you "can" wear out suspension parts quicker.

The bigger issue is knowing what the weak link is. IE: what is the limiting factor to the GVWR. in many cases that is transmission or brakes.

If brakes, it means you are not stopping within the acceptable/tested limits and may wear brakes out faster. Most of these vehicles are tested and designed for the automotive industry, not the RV industry...RV's tend to have more infrequent usage at a slower pace.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #17

Brian, for the record, I still did everything to keep the weight close as I could to GVWR, but I would not worry about a couple lbs over.
I still respected the number like max tongue weight (which also subtracts from GVWR) and towing capacity as well.

all my suspension mods were to lessen the sway, not to add carrying capacity.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:46 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Brian, for the record, I still did everything to keep the weight close as I could to GVWR, but I would not worry about a couple lbs over.
I still respected the number like max tongue weight (which also subtracts from GVWR) and towing capacity as well.

all my suspension mods were to lessen the sway, not to add carrying capacity.
Makes me no difference. You own it, we're all adults here (I hope)
Old 01-27-2022, 03:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
FYI and just something to consider re your CCC:
The GVWR of the Isata 3 is 11,030 pounds, however the combined weight rating of both axles is 12,130 pounds (4,410 Front/7,720 Rear). A full 1,100 pounds higher.

It would appear that Mercedes has built a cushion into the GVWR for the Sprinter van (at least as it applies to suspension). The combined weight rating of the front and rear axle of our previous MH and many others that I have seen over the years adds up exactly to the GVWR or is very close to it.

For our '17 FW, I also added Bilsteins (which were added as OEM in '18) on the rear and Sumo Springs front and rear. All of which helped dramatically with the suspension.

My advice would be to stay as close to the CCC as possible, but if you are over by a couple hundred pounds I wouldn't sweat it. I have logged over 10,000 miles in our coach so far and have been nothing short of thoroughly impressed with how our Isata 3 performs (suspension, acceleration, braking, handling, in the wind, winding roads, etc...) as compared to prior Class A's that we have owned.

All of this is My 2 cents worth only... Good luck!!!
Old 01-28-2022, 06:49 AM   #20

We got the RV from storage yesterday and have it all packed and ready for a shakedown trip this weekend.

I found no other stickers that were any more relevant or helpful.

In any case, I appreciate and considered all the replies from the forum. and agree that regardless of stickers, a few hundred pounds is not likely to have much effect on driving and handing.

We're going out "light" and will plan on having a good time.

Thanks all!

Ed