Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #61

I think part of the problem might be your presentation. It is a total turn off. What are you gaining by the continuous rant on the forum?
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #62
Commercial Member

I'm not saying Longhorn would drive it with you. I was saying that most Driveline shops will want to drive it with you. I also don't know that they offer it up. Maybe they planned on taking it to Freightliner once they got the RV stuff done.

Here is all I know. You dropped it off with a list. Apparently left the country on work. Post on here while away, how bad the ride was, about how no one cared and was shunning responsibility, and that you would get a lawyer involved at the drop of a hat. Yet you have not even taken delivery of the unit back from the dealer yet or given anyone a chance to correct the items on the list.

Again, I am passing this info on from the dealer 2nd hand. We have had very good luck with Longhorn and they normally go above and beyond for the customer. I was not there to understand how the conversation went. I just heard that they have taken units over to Freightliner and maybe that was the plan if they test drove it and found a clear issue.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #63
Commercial Member

Dealer will address the warranty concerns, I hope I can address some of the questions:

8. We have only done one arm rest for the 3 years I have been here and I think longer than that. They do not put a hole on both sides as we have discussed.

12. RVIA code says that we can not provide an LP hook up that would allow the grill to be placed on the entry steps. While we do not provide the LP hose...our company has interpreted that a standard hose is 4-6' so we are written up if an LP quick disconnect is within 6' of an entry door. Based on location of outside vents, storage compartments, etc...we end up with the disconnect at the rear. While I see the custom request was made, it was likely not completed based on that info and should have been relayed back.

13. not really a defect but personal preference. I lean on the co-pilot for this.

14. My 5 series did this as well. From my experience they are all a little different, but they all thump a bit.

16. I have noticed this a few times. Did the tape stay on the coach? The ones I have seen, the tape is still on. When we get that drip cap, the tape is already applied to the cap, we then apply it to the sidewall. Why does it matter? Well, we think the supplier is not properly cleaning the release agent from the part before they apply their tape. Still our issue to resolve...but knowing this, helps to maybe remove the existing tape, cleaning and adding our own to prevent it from happening yet again.

19. our guys are supposed to be going back over that with black sealant. The paint will pretty much always crack there as it is a flexible joint.

22. there should be remotes. They are not wired to the multiplex for good reason. They do not have a control that communicates through the multiplex. It was run through there, but only power. So you had to power up on the multiplex and then control fan speed, etc from the remote. So I had them take the fans OFF the multiplex until everything can be controlled by it. Until then the remote can be mounted on the wall (once you find them, they are normally in the drawer under the range) and it works great.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Dealer will address the warranty concerns, I hope I can address some of the questions:

8. We have only done one arm rest for the 3 years I have been here and I think longer than that. They do not put a hole on both sides as we have discussed. Those seats suk seriously...JS...but we can order Sportchassis Style seats direct from Bostrum for $1100 each

12. RVIA code says that we can not provide an LP hook up that would allow the grill to be placed on the entry steps. While we do not provide the LP hose...our company has interpreted that a standard hose is 4-6' so we are written up if an LP quick disconnect is within 6' of an entry door. Based on location of outside vents, storage compartments, etc...we end up with the disconnect at the rear. While I see the custom request was made, it was likely not completed based on that info and should have been relayed back.
My Komfort Karry-All was RVIA and also Canadian Certified with an LP outlet 3-4 ft from entrance steps...JS

13. not really a defect but personal preference. I lean on the co-pilot for this.

14. My 5 series did this as well. From my experience they are all a little different, but they all thump a bit.

16. I have noticed this a few times. Did the tape stay on the coach? The ones I have seen, the tape is still on. When we get that drip cap, the tape is already applied to the cap, we then apply it to the sidewall. Why does it matter? Well, we think the supplier is not properly cleaning the release agent from the part before they apply their tape. Still our issue to resolve...but knowing this, helps to maybe remove the existing tape, cleaning and adding our own to prevent it from happening yet again.
Correct it came off leaving the double sided tape on the RV

19. our guys are supposed to be going back over that with black sealant. The paint will pretty much always crack there as it is a flexible joint.
Exactly what I stated should have been done in the first place

22. there should be remotes. They are not wired to the multiplex for good reason. They do not have a control that communicates through the multiplex. It was run through there, but only power. So you had to power up on the multiplex and then control fan speed, etc from the remote. So I had them take the fans OFF the multiplex until everything can be controlled by it. Until then the remote can be mounted on the wall (once you find them, they are normally in the drawer under the range) and it works great. Will also address with Dealer as to where they went and ALSO note LH RV Service Rep said Dynamax had them wired incorrectly and there were no remotes for them?
Answers in red...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #65
Commercial Member

12. I'm simply relaying the stance that Forest River has taken. Not arguing their interpretation.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #66

I can do it myself for sure, just trying to weed through all the BS the Dealers Service Rep was trying to feed me...he even said that Dynamax didn't mount the door drip guard correctly it was supposed to have two screws in it...I can only pray they don't screw it up any worse...dealers scare me after seeing some of their high performing clowns and listening to their BS and lies...thats makes at least four lies he told me for sure...
Old 06-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #67

Quote:
13) Some sort of a panoramic mirror for driver would be useful for monitoring interior when driving – will source myself
Please share if you find one you like. I would like to add one to my Forester.
avid108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #68

I keep responding to this discussion... for the life of me I can't figure out the OP's beef, except that he's inconvenienced with a number of warranty claims, that Dynamax has seemingly approved or is at least wiling to work out.

I read the OP's complaint about the seats... we all knew that the seats were not the best available, at least I took note of the single armrest, no lumbar, etc. before I purchased. So in buying my coach I knew that improvements were available. Heck the replacement seats I am looking at are close to $3,500.00 each. But they are bad to the bone.

I spent a quarter million dollars on my DX3 after taxes, and I can find a list that would choke a horse if I wanted to frustrate myself.

I fix the little stuff as they crop up. I reattached the Washer/Dryer support bracket, I had to redo an entire drawer and rework the drawer slides, I had a piece of trim above the dividing door adjacent to the pantry just fall off. These minor thing will happen for a while. I could expect more and guess what I would be kidding myself.

At the price I paid the dealer it just not possible to manufacture a perfect product, turn a profit, and satisfy share holders. At $230,000.00 for a motor home that sits on a chassis that cost nearly half that I am amazed it's as clean as it is.

These coaches are gaining in popularity but right now they are still unique. I like that.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #69
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I can do it myself for sure, just trying to weed through all the BS the Dealers Service Rep was trying to feed me...he even said that Dynamax didn't mount the door drip guard correctly it was supposed to have two screws in it...I can only pray they don't screw it up any worse...dealers scare me after seeing some of their high performing clowns and listening to their BS and lies...thats makes at least four lies he told me for sure...
The LP line he was not lying about. It is a code issue.

I assume the drip guard over the door, but we could be talking about different things.

Call me the optimist, but before I call anyone a liar, I like to get all the data. He could very well have been misinformed, confused, completely correct and I am confused. Lying implies intent and if you think they're "out to get you" then you will only see what you assume is happening.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:05 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard View Post
I keep responding to this discussion... for the life of me I can't figure out the OP's beef, except that he's inconvenienced with a number of warranty claims, that Dynamax has seemingly approved or is at least wiling to work out.

I read the OP's complaint about the seats... we all knew that the seats were not the best available, at least I took note of the single armrest, no lumbar, etc. before I purchased. So in buying my coach I knew that improvements were available. Heck the replacement seats I am looking at are close to $3,500.00 each. But they are bad to the bone.

I spent a quarter million dollars on my DX3 after taxes, and I can find a list that would choke a horse if I wanted to frustrate myself.

I fix the little stuff as they crop up. I reattached the Washer/Dryer support bracket, I had to redo an entire drawer and rework the drawer slides, I had a piece of trim above the dividing door adjacent to the pantry just fall off. These minor thing will happen for a while. I could expect more and guess what I would be kidding myself.

At the price I paid the dealer it just not possible to manufacture a perfect product, turn a profit, and satisfy share holders. At $230,000.00 for a motor home that sits on a chassis that cost nearly half that I am amazed it's as clean as it is.

These coaches are gaining in popularity but right now they are still unique. I like that.

I agree. While the OP’s complaints seem more than would be acceptable, I always tell people that are buying RV ‘s for the first time that all RV’s are rolling turds. You simply can’t expecy it to be perfect from the factory and you can’t expect to drive an 75mph mobile home down the highway without having issues.

Every single RV or fifth wheel I’ve purchased (6 so far) has had a punch list.) innfact im down to 6 items left that need repaired out of 12 since I purchased my DX3 in December.

IMO, it’s takin too long to accomplish this but it is what it is and as long as it gets taken care of, I’m good. So far it’s taken me about 8-12 months to fix my punch lists on every RV.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The LP line he was not lying about. It is a code issue.

I assume the drip guard over the door, but we could be talking about different things.

Call me the optimist, but before I call anyone a liar, I like to get all the data. He could very well have been misinformed, confused, completely correct and I am confused. Lying implies intent and if you think they're "out to get you" then you will only see what you assume is happening.
1) He said Dynamax failed to install two screws on each side of the rain cap over the door is why it fell off

2) He said that the Thetford was operator error even though I sit there for 5 minutes while he was trying to set the water level in the bowl and he couldn't and he couldn't get the quick flush to work consistently, he kept trying to convince me I was wasn't pushing the button correctly

3) He tried to tell me the tile problem was not repairable, but Dynamax corrected him

4) He told me the Fantastic Fans are wired incorrectly and should open and work from Multiplex and close from Multiplex also and there were no remotes for them

5) He said that since Forest River took over Dynamax doesn't use anchors on the towel racks they just screw into the composite board wall? Is this correct?

6) Folks can piss on my leg all they want, it's when they start trying to convince me it's rain is when I get irritated...this Service Rep tried to find fault in everything on my list, he challenged me on all the items...try paying that kind of money for something then go back and they don't want to do ANYTHING more than they possibly have to to correct items requested...sad way to do business, I would never buy anything from these folks again just due to nature of they don't have time to correct issues...Buyer Beware you are OWN your OWN...

7) It is very sad when you have to piss people off and step on toes just to get them to do their JOB....or respond to your request...really and truly sad...but if thats what it takes I'm one of the best...

8) In the end I work with folks ALL over the world can speak several languages, have worked in 10 different countries, and ALL I am asking is for folks to do their job and make thing right and you will NEVER hear a PEEP out of me...

9) Repair my unit the way it should have left the factory and I'll be a happy camper...driving without shake and vibration...and all the items completed as they should have been...that is NOT too much to ask, but it seems like it is from the way folks try and push back and try and blame me and try and say it's your problem now we aren't going to help you one iota more than we have to...and I am basically SOL and an annoyance...another consumer with a VIN number...

10) Dynamax Warranty Rep said he would get me ALL the info on getting the second armrest on the front seat - have NOT heard one more word from him since the first email - NOTHING NADA - I got the info from you here on the forum, so Brandon Droptiny is not doing his job...
Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM   #72

Cole,

It sucks that you have the long list of legitimate coach issues, but I am confident from what I've seen on this forum that Dynamax will make those right.

Some of your items like arm rests on seats, mirrors, etc are just "nice to haves" based on your personal opinion. It might be best to leave those off of future lists as they just divert attention away from getting your chassis issues resolved.

Looking back at previous posts, you first mentioned the handling/clunking issues May 31. I responded with a lot of simple checks you could do to try and narrow down what the issues might be. Have you had a chance to do any of those additional checks yet?

I know a lot of suggestions have been made. I do not think this is a toe-in issue as that would cause obvious tire scuffing issues. Unless it is extreme, it is most likely not a toe-out issue either. However, if you have a bad tie rod end it could be causing the clunk, cause the loose steering feeling and definitely be causing the rut following and darting. This is easy to check visually as I explained previously, along with eyeballing the steering gear and related linkages.

The clunk could be a defective shock that could cause the handling issues you describe. You could also have a broken leaf in one of the front spring stacks that would also cause the noise and the handling issues.

I'm not saying this happened, but this rig could have been perfect when it left Dynamax. The transport driver could have hit an old tire carcass on the road or even run off of the road and hit something, maybe just a humongous pot hole. Any of those things could have caused front end damage as I described, could have flipped up and dinged a drive shaft too, which would account for the cyclic vibration. This same theoretical incident could have broken the cords in a tire, which would also cause similar issues and vibrations. If this happened the driver should have reported it, but maybe s/he was worried they would get fired, etc. Who knows.

The key is to get this to a FL dealer when you can take them on the road in it and replicate the problems so they can see it for themselves the same as you see it. If these issues are as severe as you describe them, it should not take long to figure them out.

Just a suggestion: Stick to providing updates on the progress of the fixes. If you feel the need to pursue other resolutions with Dynamax, handle that communication by PM's or letters or phone calls. Ranting on here about it is not going to help solve the problems.

Everyone on the forum, including Dynamax, want to see your issues resolved so are you are happy with the rig. Keep the updates in that context if you can. Thanks - Randy

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Yes the 2018 XL I have just purchased, has a very bouncy pitching suspension, and also the steering hunts and tracks the road bed severely, then add only one arm rest onto the seat, it makes for a FULL time job driving the beast, to the point you can't even drink coffee comfortably while driving...
May I suggest you take your coach to an alignment shop (look up MD alignment for a shop that uses their systems). The “hunting and tracks the road bed” sounds like an alignment issue. FWIW
RockHaulerLarry523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #74

Thanks for all the kind suggestions and input, much appreciated...waiting on a response from the Service Manager at the dealer at present...

I apologize for ranting, a bit frustrating to say the least....

I have this great expectation of folks to do their job as well, any where I work or have been...if that is an issue then yes I am at fault, because I expect folks to do their job and I also expect them to know their job and I also expect them to follow through and I also expect them to communicate without me having to chase them down...it's called being a Professional...I am one of those and I do hold others to the same standard...

For me these issues SHOULD have been resolved LONG before the unit was delivered to me, Dynamax took 2 months longer to build than anticipated and the Dealer had it for 1 month before I arrived in US to pick it up...as stated before the Dealer told me that any issues with drivability would be reported by the driver who drove it OVER 1050 miles and that these issues would be taken care of before I received the unit and NOT to worry about it...
Old 06-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Cole,

It sucks that you have the long list of legitimate coach issues, but I am confident from what I've seen on this forum that Dynamax will make those right.

Some of your items like arm rests on seats, mirrors, etc are just "nice to haves" based on your personal opinion. It might be best to leave those off of future lists as they just divert attention away from getting your chassis issues resolved.

Looking back at previous posts, you first mentioned the handling/clunking issues May 31. I responded with a lot of simple checks you could do to try and narrow down what the issues might be. Have you had a chance to do any of those additional checks yet?

I know a lot of suggestions have been made. I do not think this is a toe-in issue as that would cause obvious tire scuffing issues. Unless it is extreme, it is most likely not a toe-out issue either. However, if you have a bad tie rod end it could be causing the clunk, cause the loose steering feeling and definitely be causing the rut following and darting. This is easy to check visually as I explained previously, along with eyeballing the steering gear and related linkages.

The clunk could be a defective shock that could cause the handling issues you describe. You could also have a broken leaf in one of the front spring stacks that would also cause the noise and the handling issues.

I'm not saying this happened, but this rig could have been perfect when it left Dynamax. The transport driver could have hit an old tire carcass on the road or even run off of the road and hit something, maybe just a humongous pot hole. Any of those things could have caused front end damage as I described, could have flipped up and dinged a drive shaft too, which would account for the cyclic vibration. This same theoretical incident could have broken the cords in a tire, which would also cause similar issues and vibrations. If this happened the driver should have reported it, but maybe s/he was worried they would get fired, etc. Who knows.

The key is to get this to a FL dealer when you can take them on the road in it and replicate the problems so they can see it for themselves the same as you see it. If these issues are as severe as you describe them, it should not take long to figure them out.

Just a suggestion: Stick to providing updates on the progress of the fixes. If you feel the need to pursue other resolutions with Dynamax, handle that communication by PM's or letters or phone calls. Ranting on here about it is not going to help solve the problems.

Everyone on the forum, including Dynamax, want to see your issues resolved so are you are happy with the rig. Keep the updates in that context if you can. Thanks - Randy

Very well said Randy!

I suggested a few months ago that he takes it to a proper alignment shop (regardless of its a freightliner shop or not) and have someone that knows what they’re talking about look at it.

Until that is done, none of this is getting the coach fixed. While I agree that Dynamax should offer more help, I know of it were me, I would take it to someone and if they find what is defective, I would approach Dynamax for reimbursement. I know it doesn’t seem fair that he should have to do the work but at the end of the day, it would take less time and energy than what has been spent on here.

I hope you find the problem but my first stop would be someone reputable. (Clearly not the place you took it to originally)

All the rest of the crap about armrests and mirrors and the such is just that, crap... they are personal choices and as a buyer, clearly you are the type to do your research and if it wasn’t an option or if it was a deal breaker, other arrangements should have been made/purchased.

Mark
Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #76
Commercial Member

I am still unclear if it was taken anywhere originally. I have no notes on that VIN as it wasn't registered at the time. It should be, by the time he is stateside again.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #77

I know my opinion is not important at all but speaking from experience as a forum member I can say this. When I first started researching motorhomes and which brand we wanted it was confusing and ended up here with a Dynamax. I ordered a '19 Force TSHD. Yep it was expensive but just because I paid more for it, does not mean anyone owes me any more customer care or service because of the dollar amount.

When I first got on this site, I seen a lot of things I thought Dynamax should have done a better job at and literally raised hell and pointed fingers and called people out. Then as I learned from suggestions from other members on here that my approach was basically boring and not good reading and researching other forums and seen things were not really any different, I started to understand.

I feel the OP's frustration and understand completely the things he wants fixed but I think someone on here told me I could attract more flies with sugar then vinegar. Thats true and will keep blood pressure down as well.

I also have argued with Brian probably more then anyone and called Dynamax out on a lot of things and if I was Brian , I would have told me to buy something else and piss off. But he didn't. He always was professional and responded the best he could. ( Except for once when I think his nerves had finally melted ).

But if you could find some patience I can guarantee you Brian will take care of all of this. He will help you and point you in the right direction to see that all your things are taken care. He is a good guy who spends part of every weekday on this forum ( that is not part of his job ) trying to help his customers.

I also learned about the many different manufacturers that are involved in building a motorhome. Dynamax does not build the chassis and in such will direct us to Freightliner if it seems to be a chassis issue. I dont have a problem with that. It speeds up the process of getting the motorhome back on the road. If I had to drop it off at the dealer, then them take it to Freightliner, after repairs freight liner take it back to the dealer, then me back to Dynamax. Dang that would eat up several extra days.

Hang in there OP and everything will work out. You chose the right company to buy from. A bunch of good people on here to help you trouble shoot and work through anything if you ask them..
Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I know my opinion is not important at all but speaking from experience as a forum member I can say this. When I first started researching motorhomes and which brand we wanted it was confusing and ended up here with a Dynamax. I ordered a '19 Force TSHD. Yep it was expensive but just because I paid more for it, does not mean anyone owes me any more customer care or service because of the dollar amount.

When I first got on this site, I seen a lot of things I thought Dynamax should have done a better job at and literally raised hell and pointed fingers and called people out. Then as I learned from suggestions from other members on here that my approach was basically boring and not good reading and researching other forums and seen things were not really any different, I started to understand.

I feel the OP's frustration and understand completely the things he wants fixed but I think someone on here told me I could attract more flies with sugar then vinegar. Thats true and will keep blood pressure down as well.

I also have argued with Brian probably more then anyone and called Dynamax out on a lot of things and if I was Brian , I would have told me to buy something else and piss off. But he didn't. He always was professional and responded the best he could. ( Except for once when I think his nerves had finally melted ).

But if you could find some patience I can guarantee you Brian will take care of all of this. He will help you and point you in the right direction to see that all your things are taken care. He is a good guy who spends part of every weekday on this forum ( that is not part of his job ) trying to help his customers.

I also learned about the many different manufacturers that are involved in building a motorhome. Dynamax does not build the chassis and in such will direct us to Freightliner if it seems to be a chassis issue. I dont have a problem with that. It speeds up the process of getting the motorhome back on the road. If I had to drop it off at the dealer, then them take it to Freightliner, after repairs freight liner take it back to the dealer, then me back to Dynamax. Dang that would eat up several extra days.

Hang in there OP and everything will work out. You chose the right company to buy from. A bunch of good people on here to help you trouble shoot and work through anything if you ask them..

First, your opinion is as important and valid as anyone else's on here. Second, you know, it's almost a catch 22. What I mean is people log on here and look at the posts posted.

Problem with that is rarely does anyone go camping for the weekend and come back and say "Hey, what a great weekend, nothing broke"... but they sure as hell will come back and say "this or that screwed up".

So when newbies come here, they often see the disappointments or complaints, never the great things and compliments about a product.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my DX3 has been the BEST RV I've ever owned. Does it have issues? Sure, 99% of them should have been fixed during PDI but it's getting fixed, it just taking some time.

Mark
Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #79

Still in a holding pattern waiting on the Service Manager to respond....will update as soon as they update me.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:41 AM   #80

OK the unit is with Freightliner now and they are going to troubleshoot the issues and hopefully resolve the vibration and hood shaking like a dog crapping peach seeds...