Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
like a dog crapping peach seeds...
Hmmm, peach seeds, I'll have to put my imagination to work.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #82
Commercial Member

please don't

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #83

Question: does Dynamax align the truck after it is built and before delivery?

I noticed this is often noted as an option on the Renegade build sheets and made me realize it may not be standard. Would explain a lot of inconsistent drivability issues.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #84

Quote:
OK the unit is with Freightliner now and they are going to troubleshoot the issues and hopefully resolve the vibration and hood shaking like a dog crapping peach seeds...
So is this the first real attempt of having a professional look at it? I mean a mechanic physically looking at it?
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
So is this the first real attempt of having a professional look at it? I mean a mechanic physically looking at it?
Don't use the word professional too loosely, the last time I took my M2 106 to Freightliner they left the front wheel bearings loose and I had to rework them myself...lol...

It was a recall for the locking nut on the front wheel bearings that they changed out believe it or not...

Couldn't figure out why it was driving all over the road, jacked it up at a rest area and checked front wheel bearings and you could shake drivers side 1/4" and passenger side 3/16" of an inch by hand...

Shreveport Freightliner offered to repair it for $1200 per side...I drove it the rest of the way to Dallas and fixed it myself for $200...and I then knew it was done right...

So NO this is not a professional check up, more like a Part Changer check up as thats what most of them know how to do these days...

They have to prove to me they are professionals then I will believe it...lets see what they say...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post

I noticed this is often noted as an option on the Renegade build sheets and made me realize it may not be standard. Would explain a lot of inconsistent drivability issues.
You know that's a real good point. The manufacturer probably does an alignment based on the weight of the chassis. Once you add all that extra weight, it changes the alignment.

I may go get my alignment redone.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #87

Quote:

My purchase specifically included approximately $400.00 for an alignment.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #88
Commercial Member

Quote:

Yes. That is part of the purchase price of the M2 we buy. After they are upfit we have it aligned.

Truck Centers drive it and PDI it before it ever comes to us. Then we build on it and test drive it again.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes. That is part of the purchase price of the M2 we buy. After they are upfit we have it aligned.

Truck Centers drive it and PDI it before it ever comes to us. Then we build on it and test drive it again.
So is it aligned after complete or before Dynamax builds on it? Just not familiar with the definition of upfit...
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #90
jkoenig24

I'm going to give a SERIOUS look at that CLASS suspension system. My 2015 DX3-37RB has FAR too much side to side rocking in the back, even when turning at very slow speeds. Couple that rocking with the uber-low ground clearance and, it's easy to have the bottom corners of the tail cap to hit the ground (incurring expensive repairs; ask me how I know). Getting an extra 3"~6" clearance in back would be a godsend. I've already upgraded the front shocks to Bilsteins (for $1000+) and, that eliminated the front end porpoising. The truck shop that installed the Bilsteins told me that NO Bilsteins were available for the rear.

From all the issues presented in this thread, it sounds like Moe, Larry, and Curly (the clowns who built my DX3 and, according to bclemens, had been fired), Have been rehired and, are back on the line building quality (?) RVs.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
I'm going to give a SERIOUS look at that CLASS suspension system. My 2015 DX3-37RB has FAR too much side to side rocking in the back, even when turning at very slow speeds. Couple that rocking with the uber-low ground clearance and, it's easy to have the bottom corners of the tail cap to hit the ground (incurring expensive repairs; ask me how I know). Getting an extra 3"~6" clearance in back would be a godsend. I've already upgraded the front shocks to Bilsteins (for $1000+) and, that eliminated the front end porpoising. The truck shop that installed the Bilsteins told me that NO Bilsteins were available for the rear.

From all the issues presented in this thread, it sounds like Moe, Larry, and Curly (the clowns who built my DX3 and, according to bclemens, had been fired), Have been rehired and, are back on the line building quality (?) RVs.
Where and who did you get the Bilsteins from? Would like to get some for the front of mine as well...they should be standard on these units...
Old 06-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #92

I am beginning to think there is a QC issue either at Dynamax or Freightliner or maybe both.
I agree with an earlier response that the issues sound like alignment, Balancer on the Drive shaft and an engine mount that is broken or lose.
I would go after making sure that everything is up snuff before I'd dump several $K to add components and mask the real problem.
The hood vibration described does not sound like something that will be corrected by shocks, sway bars etc... unless in the process something that is not working correctly or at all gets replaced.

Just my 2 cents worth.
johnscub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #93

When I bought a brand new house and there were issues with it the BUILDER took care of getting them fixed under the WARRANTY.

It may not have been their people who actually did the work but, they took care of getting the people needed set up to do the work and paid them. We did not get it fixed ourselves by another contractor and then have to go back to the builder to get reimbursed.
That is the best way to provide satisfactory customer service. Facilitate the repairs the customer needs to have done. Afterall, When they bought the coach, it Was Dynamax that got their $ Not Freightliner. Dynamax had already paid them. Ultimately it comes down to the dealer and the manufacturer working together to create a satisfactory customer experience. This is how you get repeat customers and new customers via word of mouth (Any manufactures best advertisement!). Word of mouth caries a lot more weight because you are getting information from an actual owner.
We have been fighting a number of issues on our Forest River Sunseeker for the last year that started while it was still in the original warranty. Forest River and the dealer have worked together address ALL of the issues. I just had to tell them what the problems were, get the unit to the dealer and they took care of it. I did not have to go to Ford who built the Chassis or any of the other Subsystem manufacturers to get things fixed.

Just my 2 cents as a customer.
johnscub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #94
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscub1 View Post
Afterall, When they bought the coach, it Was Dynamax that got their $ Not Freightliner. Dynamax had already paid them.

Just my 2 cents as a customer.
If we're using that logic...it is the dealer that got their money. We were already paid when the unit shipped to the dealer.

We can speculate and talk about how terrible we might be or the dealer might be or that we shunned service. But this coach has yet to even be returned to the customer. NO one can say what should have been done, because nothing is done. Customer dropped his coach off to the dealer with a punch list of items (not uncommon even for a house). That's it...that's all we know at this time. The list seemed long with 26 items...but if you take out #1, letting us know how he did service and knows more than the "normal" customer (although I would argue that NONE of our customers are all that normal...in a good way), #4 just needed time to cool down, #8 not a defect, just preference. Combine 9, 10, 11, 24 into one (seems to be related chassis drive concerns), 12: code violation, 13. personal preference, 14.not a defect, 23. warning, 25, notice, 26. another warning. we're down to about 14 aesthetic items. None of which prevent the use of the vehicle. (the toilet is the only question mark...we would like it to flush).

So, I will likely put this thread on "unsubscribe" as it seems to have become a "Nostradamus Thread" (I'll check in with the dealer directly)

(for those that are wondering....Nostradamus...trying to predict all the bad stuff that will happen before they actually do)

Old 06-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #95

At this point I just can’t turn away from this trainwreck of a thread. I have to know what comes back from freightliner. I just can’t believe we’re at 93 posts of arguing before it’s even been looked at

And it sounds like the dealer is taking it to freightliner so what exactly is being argued again?
Old 06-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #96

I read all of this before I decided to purchase and truly believed Dynamax was different...and WAS the best choice of all the builders out there...this says it all below...for me anyway...or tells the story...

Dynamax - Manufacturer of Luxury Class C & Super C Motorhomes

From the day the Dynamax brand originated, a progressive vision has set these prestigious vehicles apart. Built to perform at a higher standard of excellence that goes beyond what meets the eye, Dynamax is driven by an unending pursuit for precision and quality inside and out. Over the years, legendary product integrity and customer loyalty have combined to build a powerful brand. The foundation for success has been simple.

Start with a solidly engineered OEM cab chassis platform and concentrate on building a cohesively engineered muscle car style coach on it. At Dynamax there are no corners to cut – only curves. Dynamax delivers with eye catching paint schemes, and styling that flows with the OEM body lines. The resulting product is visually appealing and structurally solid, with aerodynamic properties that improve maneuverability for a better driving experience.

DESIGNED WITH LEGENDARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #97
jkoenig24

Quote:
Where and who did you get the Bilsteins from? Would like to get some for the front of mine as well...they should be standard on these units...
Off the top of my head, I don't remember which truck shop installed the Bilstein shocks. I sold my "stick & brick" last month and am now full-time in my DX3-37RB (along with FAR too much "stuff" that I'm still sorting through) so, I'm unable to quickly put my hands on the service records I have for my DX3. ANY good truck shop will be able to get the right Bilstein shock for the truck you have. The Bilsteins have made a HUGE difference!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #98

Bad suspension

Did you test drive before you plunked down such a big investment? My advise:sell and start over before you put in even more money into a product that may or may not solve your problem. Just sayen....
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #99

Class Suspension Owner

We are the owners of another brand of RV but I had read that most GAS CLASS A machines are built on the Ford F53 chassis. Based the previous MB sprinter RV which I had shocks, sway bars and struts changed before being comfortable with how it handled, I knew that suspensions were an issue. The biggest improvement was the KONI front struts. It would go where i wanted and unaffected by trucks. As part of the deal on the new 30 Ft Class A, I had new shocks all the way around, front sway bar, sumo springs, steering stablizer installed. On the very first trip (1200 miles round trip to WDW), i felt every bridge abutement , etc and trucks affected it. Because I had trouble getting a new rear sway bar, I started hunting for options (God was telling me something). Found the LIQUID SPRINGs site, drove to Lafayette Ind and had it installed. The difference is very good. I am no longer driving on eggshells, handling is great, the noise level from the rear of coach is greatly reduced. The last trip to the beach was pleasant and after an 8 hr drive, I arrived only slightly tired. Is it worth it? That is a personal decision but I think that it is.

The liquid springs personnel were great throughout the entire process.!!!

I realize that the discussion was about another chassis but I would think it is similar.
skyslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #100

Another brand

Skyslate, my brother owns a 36’ fleetwood class A gasser. It rides like a lumber wagon. I have been camping for 69 years. Started with my folks when i was born.i have backpacked,tent camped,owned a popup,3 travel trailers and am now in a fifth wheel. The bad ride is only one reason i will never own a class A. Besides the astronomical prices. The pushers seem like they are a better ride. Course they are heavier and i think better built. The gassers not so much.
Jim & peg. Jake the camper dog. RIP my friend. 01-11-2010 / 02-26-2020. 2018 flagstaff 8528ikws fifth wheel pushing 2014 f-150 eco-boost super crew. 2017 camped 14 weeks. 2018 4 months in texas. 2019 4 months in texas. 2019 21 days in michigan. 2019 2 months in arizona. 2020 4 months in arizona. U.S. Air Force Retired. 100% DAV
wanderer26 is offline   Reply With Quote